• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spirit of Scotland travelpass priv

Status
Not open for further replies.

physics34

Established Member
hi, quick question. Can i get this travel pass with priv, 4 days one, if so how much is it?
And can anyone confirm i can get it from Carlisle Station?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BrianW

Established Member
Reports elsewhere suggest the withdrawal is down to Calmac ferries, the not runnings thereof ...

Like you, I found it hard to get a definitive answer out of Scotrail, with nothing on the website, nothing on National Rail ...

It DID include Carlisle.

When I used a SoS ticket last year I got a cheap advance ticket from my start point (MK) to as far as I could get to a centralish point with a cheap hotel (Travelodge in Perth) and started early the next day buying my SoS ticket at Glasgow Central the evening before IIRC- you fill in the dates of use (4max!!) as you go.. Great ticket- I got to Oban and Kyle and would have reached Wick if not for a freight train releted delay... I 'turned back' at Lairg where my train was held. I was hoping to have another go this year, but ... maybe next ...

Hope all goes well.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Regardless of them being withdrawn for the time being, there is no priv discount on the Spirit of Scotland Rovers (as posted in the other thread where you asked the same question).

Edit: got that completely wrong!

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
Regardless of them being withdrawn for the time being, there is no priv discount on the Spirit of Scotland Rovers (as posted in the other thread where you asked the same question).

Incorrect, in NFM36 PRV Spirit of Scotland rovers are available for £37.25 (4 in 8) or £47.25 (8 in 15). No reason to think they won't return when the ticket goes generally back on sale.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Incorrect, in NFM36 PRV Spirit of Scotland rovers are available for £37.25 (4 in 8) or £47.25 (8 in 15). No reason to think they won't return when the ticket goes generally back on sale.

Indeed - for a complete list of PRIV discounted rovers (albeit from NFM35 not NFM36) see this posting by @RJ

RJ

Established Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.