• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split Required: Bath/Bristol to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
As a few of you know I am heading up to Leeds tomorrow, but really can't justify paying the extortionate £60+ XC want for an overnight return! I don't mind going via Manchester, I don't mind going via Doncaster, heck I don't mind going via Lincoln for all I care (however unlikely to work that may be). All I ask for is a good splitting tactic for BTH/BRI to LDS that will not be affected by engineering works tomorrow - and that Advances are not suggested. I have no preference as to which of BTH and BRI is chosen; BTH is easier but likely to be dearer.

N.B.: For anyone who doesn't know, I have a YP.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
At that range? Such a thing does not exist ;)

(Overnight, as stated above.)

You... killed... Sweep... :cry: And brought him back! :D

Last edited:

mikeg

Established Member
Bath Spa - Cheltenham Spa SVR = £13.20
Cheltenham Spa - Derby SVR = £24.70
Derby - Leeds SVR = £19.40

Total £57.30 Not much of a saving I know, but it's the best I've found so far... there are others on the forum better at it than me.

OR:

Bristol Temple Meads - Stoke on Trent Route Not London SVR: £34.05
Stoke on Trent - Manchester Stations Route Virgin Trains only SOR: £7.25 (note this involves getting off the train as the BRI-MAN service is exclusively CrossCountry)
Manchester Stations - Leeds route Any Permitted SVR: £12.15

Total £53.45

Can be done from Bath Spa for £4.05 extra. I believe that some splitting between BRI and SOT can shave about a quid off.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
It's a start, so thank you. Normally I would split at WOS, STA and SYB [travelling via MAN], but Worcester trains are nonexistant from Bristol before about 12:00 on a Sunday and TPE services are not running HUD-LDS until about 16:00, which is causing problems. I hit on the idea of going via Wigan - but, apparently... (It's less than £5 cheaper anyway.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.