• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticket - Connecting train delayed - Court action (Sowerby Bridge - Birmingham journey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilopylae

I’ve re-read the comments from the OP and totally agree about turning up on the prescribed date unless some form of official notice of discontinuation has been received from the court. An e mail from the prosecutor won’t suffice in my book.

Suggest the OP takes along a schedule of loss to submit when the other side don’t turn up and requests costs.....
This is exactly what I would do

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
The prosecution really should not be able to get away with coming out with outright lies in court.
No, but it’s in everyone’s interest there to allow it, and it’s common enough for it to be overlooked and/or misunderstood.
Quite. If TIL and XC pursue flimsy/false prosecutions like this and (nominally) 8/10 end in failure but 2/10 end in customers settling out of court, then it's good business sense that they continue like this, right?
I suspect it’s more likely that 8/10 false prosecutions are successful be it out of court or otherwise. Infact, that’s likely underestimating it.
I’ve re-read the comments from the OP and totally agree about turning up on the prescribed date unless some form of official notice of discontinuation has been received from the court. An e mail from the prosecutor won’t suffice in my book.

Suggest the OP takes along a schedule of loss to submit when the other side don’t turn up and requests costs.....
I’m afraid I wouldn’t put it past them for their comment that they’re ‘closing the case’ to be false and you NOT turning up on the day swinging in their favour.

ukkid

If the OP has anything in writing re closing the case, it might be more worthwhile to email a copy of it to the court and letting the court know you weren't be attending on that basis. Even better copy in the prosecution, if you have their email address.

Then everything is in writing and potentially saves you another trip to the courthouse (you can still attend just in case as others suggest).

philthetube

Established Member
you could contact the court a few days before and see if your case is still listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.