• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SPM allocated turbos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mills444

Evening all would anybody happen to know what particular services or just lines that Bristol's turbos are used on, Thanks Brandan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Evening all would anybody happen to know what particular services or just lines that Bristol's turbos are used on, Thanks Brandan

Avonmouth/Severn Beach services, Cardiff to Tauntons and Weymouth/Westbury to Gloucester/Worcester/Great Malverns.

Not sure of individual services though.

Mills444

Thanks for the reply, that's okay are the routes split between turbos and sprinters or just turbos

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, that's okay are the routes split between turbos and sprinters or just turbos

I think there's still a few Sprinters, there was a 150 on the 1728 Warminster to Great Malvern one day last week (whether its booked for a 150 or a 166 I'm not sure), and also the 0925 St James Park to Cardiff service is a 150.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I think there's still a few Sprinters, there was a 150 on the 1728 Warminster to Great Malvern one day last week (whether its booked for a 150 or a 166 I'm not sure), and also the 0925 St James Park to Cardiff service is a 150.

That's right. 1728 Warminster to Great Malvern is a 150. One of the Cardiff to Taunton diagrams (1100, 1400 and 1900 ex Cardiff) is a 150/0

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
They also get to Southampton on the short workings that don’t go beyond there ie not to Portsmouth or Brighton.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Don’t forget the Westbury-Swindon shuttle via Melksham and the Stroud Valley Line.

Mills444

Thanks for all the information do you happen to know how many units are diagrammed to both the Avonmouth's and the Tauntons thanks again Brandan

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Thanks for all the information do you happen to know how many units are diagrammed to both the Avonmouth's and the Tauntons thanks again Brandan

2 Units cover the Avonmouth/Severn Beach but not the same ones all day as they change over in the evening. There is an additional one early morning due to an overlap. There are 5 Taunton circuits a day, 4 x Turbos and a 150 and one trip covered by a 158

Status
Not open for further replies.