• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Spoof] More Personalities to suffer life threatening accidents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

The events surrounding Richard Hammonds jet powered car crash will forever change the way charities raise money. From today, appeals have begun for more celebrities to suffer life threatening accidents across the nation, said a Goverment Spokesman.

The unfortunate incident which caused Richards Land Speed attempt to end in dismay, and his near life threatening injuries, prompted the well wishing nation to make such suprising donations to the rescuers which rushed him to hospital after the incident, Yorkshire Air Ambulance can now double its capacity with a new Helicopter and Customised Y.A.A. Coffee Cups!

Due to the united spirits of our nation, if more celebrities were to suffer in similar incidences, the Goverment would no longer be required to pump vast sums of money into the NHS, as the public could effectively pay for it themselves!

Previously, it has been a very difficult challenge to get our nation to donate in such a manner, but as soon as someone famous is hurt, we cant get to the bank quick enough!

Note Written in the lightest of hearts, with no ill feelings meant towards Richard or his family. May he make a quick recovery and swift return to enjoying his life and entertaining us all with Top Gear!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
If they need another helicopter that badly i'm sure the RAF could spare a helicopter. After all it would only kill and be shot down anyway, if not put to air ambulance use.

LucaZone

If they need another helicopter that badly i'm sure the RAF could spare a helicopter. After all it would only kill and be shot down anyway, if not put to air ambulance use.

Reminds me of a classic Rory Bremner sketch involving the people behind the Eurofighter. They were all saying how wonderful it is, and congratulating themselves. Yet when asked about its fighting ability against other planes, they all moan that it shouldnt be allowed to fly or get shot at, because its very expensive and takes a long time to build!

:)

Coxster

Established Member
They didn't ask for donations following the incident. To them it was just another rescue...

Ben

Do you know how stupid you are? Feel free to PM me and ill give full evidence for my reasoning for saying that.

Get Well Soon Richard

I love the bullsh*t you post :) keep it up mate :D

Nick W

Established Member
You two are incredibly naïve if you think that no-one died in the Iraq war and no aircraft was damaged.

Besides the RAF could always take it back at notice.

Coxter said:
They didn't ask for donations following the incident. To them it was just another rescue...
YAA needs a second helicopter to be based in South Yorkshire as around 300 incidents a year cannot be attended as we're either on another job, the weather at LBIA has closed in or were offline for scheduled maintenance.

I still think that the RAF should lend one.

TheSlash

Established Member
Do you know how stupid you are? Feel free to PM me and ill give full evidence for my reasoning for saying that.

Get Well Soon Richard

Is that MORE bullying? I'm getting fed up with reading it by you,
First it's Gareth Hale, who i consider a personal friend,
Now it's NickW, somebody who i feel is mis understood and has his own unique take on things, quite possible in the right circumstances.
Why don't me and you meet up sometime and discuss this difference of opinion :?:

Nick W

Established Member
Cheers Slash.

Yes i think logically, in an ideal way. Hence I'm an "idealist".

Now "ideally", the RAF would lend helicopters out to save lives during peace time. (in my opinion)

What's wrong with that?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Having actually met Mr Westlake in person I have seen a different side of him than most people on here.

As Slash has said he is misunderstood most of the time and because of this and his condition he is seen as an easy target to pick on.

But as he has said he thinks logically and is an idealist, which may of course be different to how others think.

In actual fact the use of RAF helicopters in peace time is an idea...

Ben

Ok Ill back down here if it is just a Different Idea i Apologise.

The RAF do provide extensive Search & Rescue in the Area so maybe that was my reasoning for being hot headed. Sorry

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Of cource, a lot of RAF helecopters are specially adapted for carrying injured troops, often in fairly large numbers, so could be very useful, especially in the case of serious incidents where many people require rapid transport to hospital. It could be a very good idea. Oviously, if RAF crews were used, it would give them practice aswell. Making good use of the military resources and personel for peacetime work is not a bad idea at all. Oviously if people have good reasons why they think other people's ideas arn't good, they should post them and people can come to an edjucated desision on their opinions, rarther than just resorting to flaming and insulting. This is supposed to be a discussion board, and could do with more discussion and less "anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot" attitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.