• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sprinters on Manchester-south Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp01

Are there any afternoon services that are more/less likely to be replaced by a sprinter at the moment?

The context for this is that I need to book my mum on to a train, and because of her back problems I want to minimise the chance of it being a sprinter. Services in question are 1131, 1231 and 1331 from Manchester, Monday 23rd Dec.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Arnt they all sprinters, have been since the early 90s

Very rarely a Sprinter these days - pretty much exclusively run by 175s, although you do get the rare 158, and even 150s.

158s are, IMO, very nice trains. 150s... not so much, especially in this context.

Well I've allways thought of a 175 as a sprinter, same as a 158 just different class no better no worse

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
175s are Coradias and not regarded as Sprinters. There are 150 Sprinters (Not booked) on the route virtually every day but you wouldn't know if there was one deputising for a 175 until the day as their allocations are random.

Status
Not open for further replies.