• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sprog's Railway Photos - Bristol Parkway tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprog

Established Member
As promised in another thread, i stopped on at Bristol Parkway for an extra hour after work tonight with my FinePix and Tripod to do abit of night shooting, aswell as Photting and Videoing the MML HST on the XC diagram.

A pleasent suprise was my namesake and pet, 43030 'CLT', back on the London-end, currently paried with 43025 'Exeter' (the set was in reverse formation when i saw her Monday with '030' on the Country end).

Twas very cold but worth the effort! See my google videos later for the vids of both the MML HST and 43030+025. As usual, feedback much appreciated! :D

http://43030.fotopic.net/c847336.html

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

You are real master of night photography. :)
Have to start myself,did you use a tripod and if you did did you have any problems using it as i thought tripods were a big no no at stations.

andrewmay

Nice photos. I enjoy seeing night photos as they have a completely different feel to daytime shots and you don't see as many as they are harder to take.

I use tripods on stations and don't tend to get hassled. Don't ever use a tripod at Birmingham New Street as the staff will be down to the platform and telling you to put it away before you've finished putting it up. At larger stations I wouldn't reccomend using a tripod but at smaller stations it is normally ok to use one as long as you are responsible with it and don't get in passengers way.

ChrisM

andrewmay said:
I use tripods on stations and don't tend to get hassled. Don't ever use a tripod at Birmingham New Street as the staff will be down to the platform and telling you to put it away before you've finished putting it up. At larger stations I wouldn't reccomend using a tripod but at smaller stations it is normally ok to use one as long as you are responsible with it and don't get in passengers way.

Good advice and thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.