• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Albans to London - Zonal off-peak single

Status
Not open for further replies.

shpaghetts

Hi everyone, I've tried to look this up but can't find the information anywhere so wondering if there are people in the know here.

I travel from St Albans to London using the Key smartcard with Keygo and usually get charged the Super Off Peak Day Return of £13.90 travelling off-peak hours. I've since gotten a Network Railcard and I was expecting the fare to only drop to £13.00 when used during the Network Railcard hours (plus the bonus of being able to return during peak hours), and this is exactly the case should I depart at 10am (for example) and return during peak hours. However I was pleasantly surprised to see that when I depart after 10am and return during off peak hours, I am charged £5.50 each way for a "Zonal Off Peak Single". I've tried to look this up but can't find anything on what this is. Does anyone have any more information on this fare?

I guess I also want to make sure I'm not underpaying and come to regret it later. Am new to London and discovering the fun of strategies for getting good fares! :)

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If you've used KeyGo as instructed, i.e. had the right balance on it and touched in/out as required, it is not your problem if the railway undercharges you - you have followed instructions.

On the other hand I can see why you'd want to know out of interest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.