• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Austell to Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCASL

I'm travelling from St Austell to Paddington, this Saturday afternoon, first class. Never done this before, what can I expect, will there be any food/drink, is there a buffet, will it be busy?

Many thanks for any responses

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Michael.Y

Established Member
I'm travelling from St Austell to Paddington, this Saturday afternoon, first class. Never done this before, what can I expect, will there be any food/drink, is there a buffet, will it be busy?

Many thanks for any responses

FGW run a lesser 1C service on a Saturday to a weekday. As a 1C pax you will be entitled to free hot beverages and you may be lucky enough to have a travelling chef on board as well as the buffet.

Less busy on a Saturday as there are no business/commuter travellers.

Which service are you travelling on? (i.e. what time does it leave St Austell?) eg 1204 1A85 offers Buffet only (microwave, sandwiches, crisps etc) whereas 1302 1A88 offers hot food. (Source: Trains.im)

CC 72100

Established Member
With it being a weekend you'll have to go to the express café in coach F, presenting your 1st class ticket before ordering (they're very hot on stressing that) in order to get your complimentary items.

I'm not sure how often you can go up and get another cuppa or something, but I was served twice by the trolley Exeter to Bristol TM on a weekday if that's anything to go by.

Enjoy your trip! :D

Michael.Y

Established Member
The OP posted on Monday for a trip "this Saturday" so I'm guessing it's tomorrow! ;)

My week is really messed up - I think it's next Wednesday!

EDIT : I'm convinced now I'm actually posting from next Wednesday - therefore I've discovered time travel.

calc7

Established Member
My week is really messed up - I think it's next Wednesday!

EDIT : I'm convinced now I'm actually posting from next Wednesday - therefore I've discovered time travel.

Go get your patent quickly! :D

I for one have the Friday feeling. <D

Michael.Y

Established Member
Go get your patent quickly! :D

I for one have the Friday feeling. <D

I read that as patient. I thought "how does he know I'm an unlicensed doctor on the side as well as being a trolley dude?"

Friday feeling? Inbetween a 10-hour Fishguard poke and a 4am alarm call tomorrow, I'm waiting for my date with a pint of something foamy* tomorrow at 1pm down the snooker hall...

*Not Windolene.

Status
Not open for further replies.