• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Mary's Curve at Whitechapel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latecomer

Is something going on in there?

The lights have been on in there over the past week or so it's more clearly visible on the up ELL before Whitechapel. The tunnel lights have been on and off in the Whitechapel area ELL for the past few weeks which I expect is related to the Crossrail works. Is the tunnel being used for storage in connection with this or are they opening up the curve for rolling stock movements?

One suggestion was that some underground stock may be taken down to NXG depot from there to use the wheel lathe?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Is something going on in there?

The lights have been on in there over the past week or so it's more clearly visible on the up ELL before Whitechapel. The tunnel lights have been on and off in the Whitechapel area ELL for the past few weeks which I expect is related to the Crossrail works. Is the tunnel being used for storage in connection with this or are they opening up the curve for rolling stock movements?

One suggestion was that some underground stock may be taken down to NXG depot from there to use the wheel lathe?
I understand there is a fault with the tunnel lighting circuit which is keeping the lighting on.
There is nothing else going on.
There is no longer a physical connection between the District and East London Line, the junction was plain-lined in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.