• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Neots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
the railway runs high through the east side of town, past industrial estates and housing estates. If you want somewhere nice for a picnic, I'd recommend far from the railway by the river.

NSE

Established Member
Not really, it's my local station and I love the station, but not gonna lie, St Neots is a dive. It'll take you about an hour to walk to the river.

I ended up in Offord. Forgot how varied the ECML is, compared to the WCML. So far in 45 mins, we've had 2xgner hst's, 5xgner 91's (in various colour schemes),1xFCC 365, 3x FCC 317's (both body shapes), 1xGC HST, and 1 GC 180. Still wish it was 31's, 45's, 47's and 55's with the occasional DMU and HST, but still pretty impressive!

Last edited:

stut

Established Member
I'd have said 20-30 minutes to the river. Come out the station, down the path opposite, over the lights and follow the cycle paths past the schools into town. Head for the bridge and down to the riverside park.

Failing that, there's a nice enough little park and woods off Rowley Road, 5 minutes from the station.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ah, too late!

I ended up in Offord. Forgot how varied the ECML is, compared to the WCML. So far in 45 mins, we've had 2xgner hst's, 5xgner 91's (in various colour schemes),1xFCC 365, 3x FCC 317's (both body shapes), 1xGC HST, and 1 GC 180. Still wish it was 31's, 45's, 47's and 55's with the occasional DMU and HST, but still pretty impressive!

Not bad for 45 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.