• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pacras coffee bars 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Is Starbucks the only one open 24/7? I have a 30 min wait at 0430 for my train tommorrow!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Costa Coffee in the station shopping area was open when I was lurking around there waiting for a train in the early hours on Wednesday morning.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Always something open - so my 18 year old son tells me !

best stick to the station IMHO,

Nym

Established Member
Fab, it means when I have silly o clock starts on stations I can come down on the last train and have a brew or 20 before I start my shift...

Skimble19

Established Member
Can confirm Costa is also 24 hour (the web is correct!).

Not too sure whether you'll want to venture over to the McDonald's at that time though!!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Costa has much more comfortable seats than Starbucks, and a better choice of food as well! It's where I usually overnight while waiting for the check in for the first Eurostar of the day to open.

Clip

Established Member
Can confirm Costa is also 24 hour (the web is correct!).

Not too sure whether you'll want to venture over to the McDonald's at that time though!!

Nowt wrong with it at that time. Mostly full of drunks to inebriated to stand.

Established Member
Do staff at the McDonalds close off most of the seating areas, just leaving the serving area and a few seats late at night?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Yes they do use shutters to close off parts of the restaurant, at least the one on York Way but almost certainly the other one too.

Established Member
That's what I thought, similar set up to a couple up here. Bit annoying as you are effectively lumped in with the drunks.

Established Member
Better than the place getting trashed every week though!

Aye, although it does significantly increase the risk of getting your face smashed in! Seen quite a few arguments get 'ugly' at Maccy D's before late at night.

asylumxl

Established Member
While on the topic of the coffee bars at St Pancras, Starbucks has been closed several times in several months for various reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it just disappears next time I'm there, leaving nothing but scorch marks on the ground it once occupied...

While on the topic of the coffee bars at St Pancras, Starbucks has been closed several times in several months for various reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it just disappears next time I'm there, leaving nothing but scorch marks on the ground it once occupied...

It was refurbed a couple of months back which is when they put the glass partitions up because it used to get freezing in there.

Lately it's been booming down there.

asylumxl

Established Member
It was refurbed a couple of months back which is when they put the glass partitions up because it used to get freezing in there.

Lately it's been booming down there.

I know that, it was a poor attempt at humour. But as a regular user of the station, I seem to remember it being closed at least 3 times for various works in the last few months, for several days on end.

Certainly it is far better since they put the glass around it. St Pancras is more akin to a freezer than a station. Infact, I believe the station actually has heating. I will have to dig the article out.

Status
Not open for further replies.