• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras International & Stratford International

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

I am going to London shortly and want to see the 395 Javelins and a load of the Eurostars. In the past when visiting St Pancras I go up the stairs to the domestic platforms and can see the East Midland Trains and one Eurostar through the fence on the right. However I have seen on various rail sites of photos of 395 etc. in other platforms. How do you get to these platforms, is it through the domestic barriers and further down the platform or is there a seperate entrance ? The only other entrance i have seen in downstairs, but it was always massive queues and loads of security. Am I able to get on the platforms just to get numbers and take the odd photo ?
In addition can I get on Stratford International to get numbers/photos easily enough. I will have a London Travelcard zones 1-6, but will this get me through the barriers or will it reject as not an HS1 ticket ? Thanks for your replies in advance !!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Head for left luggage & toilets in the North East area (right of Thameslink entrance) & go up escalators opposite the other M&S food near the Sushi bar.

Waddon

Travelcard will not get you onto the platforms at Stratford International, also you can only get to that station on a dedicated bus so you may need a ticket for that too. Best to pay for a return from St.Pancras Int. to Stratford Int, and get a ride in too (although all underground, its a bit dull)

Status
Not open for further replies.