• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras Low Level platform markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Hot on the heels of the sloppy bodge-job that is the "Harrington humps" at St Pancras (look sloppy due to the concrete surface out of keeping with the rest of the platform, and sloppy because they don't actually provide level boarding), another has emerged.

I was quite impressed to see on Friday they had added markings to the platforms showing areas to keep clear (for the doors) and where to stand with "footprint" markers at the sides. Really good idea, should have that in every Tube station too.

I was then amazed when a Class 700 pulled in, presumably on ATO so stopping with precision....and astonishingly, the markings don't actually line up with the doors! Not only that, but they are not spaced with the doors either, so if one lines up the others don't.

Furthermore, they are marked "Zone A" etc, when the platform zones on the signs are 1, 2, 3....

Who on earth made such a phenomenal botch-up?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Sums up Shambleslink pretty well.....

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hot on the heels of the sloppy bodge-job that is the "Harrington humps" at St Pancras (look sloppy due to the concrete surface out of keeping with the rest of the platform, and sloppy because they don't actually provide level boarding), another has emerged.
There is a photo in post 1 of the earlier thread about this, (that you must have missed), a few weeks back:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/platform-zones-in-the-thameslink-core.164419/

The zone letters came in for the same criticism then as well...

bengley

Established Member

I was quite impressed to see on Friday they had added markings to the platforms showing areas to keep clear (for the doors) and where to stand with "footprint" markers at the sides. Really good idea, should have that in every Tube station too.

I was then amazed when a Class 700 pulled in, presumably on ATO so stopping with precision....and astonishingly, the markings don't actually line up with the doors! Not only that, but they are not spaced with the doors either, so if one lines up the others don't.

Furthermore, they are marked "Zone A" etc, when the platform zones on the signs are 1, 2, 3....

Who on earth made such a phenomenal botch-up?

Services aren't using ATO yet as no drivers have been trained (with the exception of the Testing and Commissioning drivers)

Services aren't using ATO yet as no drivers have been trained (with the exception of the Testing and Commissioning drivers)

These stickers should be removed immediately as it removes the advantage I have as a regular commuter in knowing where the doors will be on each approaching train. Why should some tourist numpty be shown where to stand in order to block my access to a precious ironing-board?

jon0844

Veteran Member
The screens now show the position of the train in relation to the stickers on the platform.

TL-STP-CIS.jpg

(image of train carriages on a virtual platform with letters)

Status
Not open for further replies.