• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Since the route was mentioned in another thread, I thought I'd give an update on the St Pancras to Bedford route I'm making. Progress is slow, but is happening. Just to show some of what I've been doing, I've got two shots of Harlington Station, which has the distinction of being the only village station on the MML south of Leicester, and has been very well preserved. There is still some work to be done in both shots, like detailing, and also the bridge needs fully texturing, and I'm going to improve the track textures.

http://bvescreenshots.fpic.co.uk/p36485491.html
This is a view looking north from the Island Platform 2&3.

http://bvescreenshots.fpic.co.uk/p36485492.html
This second shot is from a little further up the platform but shows it at night with the lights on.

http://bvescreenshots.fpic.co.uk/c665170.html
This page has a number of screenshots of the route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

Good luck with it, it looks fantastic. I love the imetable (on your web page) which accompanies the 170, alot more colourful than the white we get with most other routes

Coxster

Established Member
Nice work. Will be great to have a lengthy BVE4 four-track mainline with the option of using the fast AND slow lines.

class 313

Established Member
Can I see St Albans city if you've done it :D

Cheers! Cant wait and VERY well done!

Please ask for any help as it is my local line

evil_hippo

I am intruged by the "on the M1 Northbound" picture. Are there serious plans to include a road route within it or is this just a bit of playing about?

lev441

wow this route looks AMAZING!! it is my local line so if you need any help, let me know i travel daily on it...
The screenshot of 'North of Elstree on Slow Lines' is right by my house!! :)

class 313

Established Member
oooooooooooo howdy! Im from St Albans

I too cant wait for this as it is my local line aswell! REALLY looking forward to it! And the latest screenies are VERY good!

morgantyreman

I know the first bit isnt even ready but what is your plans for the route. Are you planning oin extending it forther in months to come ?

Btw , Great route. Hope they will be hst to drive

class 313

Established Member
There should be the following to drive

319 (if a BVE4 one is made)
317 Bed pan units (St Pancras - Bedford like the good old times)
222 (someone can chane the number in the cab from 220*** to 222***)
HST
47s and 37s for charters *hint* :P

So as you can see, its going to be VERY good :)

P.S.

Those are what I think MIGHT be included! but my not be in the the route.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
I just want to put an announcement to say that my mother passed away suddenly a few days ago, therefore for the forceable future the route will be on hold and I will probably not be visiting the forums or updating screenshots. The route will go on, and I will finish it, but for now, as you can appreaciate, it's pretty much bottom of prorities. Thank you for your understanding.
Chris

P.S, thank you for the comments so far, they will a great inspiration to getting back on working with the route when the time is right, and by all means, keep them coming, just don't wait for a reply.

Ben

Chris, stuff the route for now.

Im thinking about you and your family.

Ben.

class 313

Established Member
The whole forum understands why your putting the route on hold, just take your time mate as there is no rush. Hope you and your family have a merry christmas and new year.

Mintona

Established Member
I know it's late, but I hope that you're ok, and that your Christmas wasn't too bad.
Forget about the route for a couple of months, and come back to it only when you're ready. I must say it looks very good so far.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind comments. I've recently been doing little bits on the route, so I thought I'd just show something I've been working on.

http://bvescreenshots.fpic.co.uk/p39471065.html

This is a shot of the line from the (unusually quiet) M25, which it passes over between Radlett and St Albans. It's far from finished, still needing some detailing, plus textures on the bridge. Just for a change, rarther than a nice sunny summer shot it's a gloomy, wet, autumn shot. The fantastic sky texture I've borrowed from Cross City really sets it off. You can also see my MML Mk3s which have transparent windows and a basic interior, aswell as being built to correct dimensions, including length (it makes placing them harder, but it allows me to have accurate platforms without trains hanging off the ends).

class 313

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind comments. I've recently been doing little bits on the route, so I thought I'd just show something I've been working on.

http://bvescreenshots.fpic.co.uk/p39471065.html

This is a shot of the line from the (unusually quiet) M25, which it passes over between Radlett and St Albans. It's far from finished, still needing some detailing, plus textures on the bridge. Just for a change, rarther than a nice sunny summer shot it's a gloomy, wet, autumn shot. The fantastic sky texture I've borrowed from Cross City really sets it off. You can also see my MML Mk3s which have transparent windows and a basic interior, aswell as being built to correct dimensions, including length (it makes placing them harder, but it allows me to have accurate platforms without trains hanging off the ends).

WOW,

Getting better each time Chris! Also getting closer to St Albans each time *flails*

Keep up the good work, I can tell this will take the place of NWM on my most played BVE route, but all we need now to make the route perfect is a BVE4 319, anyone know if there is one being made?

Status
Not open for further replies.