• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras (Southeastern platforms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

I would like to spend approx 25 mins on the South Eastern platforms to collect some Javelin/Eurostars. Do the platform staff let you through if you explain you will be there for a short time or do they insist on a platform ticket. If I have to buy a platform ticket I assume I will have to queue up at the manned ticket office as I guess the ticket machines aren't programmed to sell this type of ticket. Are they still 10p ? Usually I would use the Travelcard to gain access but this won't let me on this platform I assume. due to not being HS1 valid.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There's no reason why you can't use the TC to Stratford.
Apparently the service between Stratford International and St Pancras International isn't valid on a travelcard, despite being within the area. I think it's quite disgraceful, and I bet hardly anyone uses the trains for this journey.

A60K

Apparently the service between Stratford International and St Pancras International isn't valid on a travelcard, despite being within the area. I think it's quite disgraceful, and I bet hardly anyone uses the trains for this journey.

Correct on all three counts! You can't use an in-boundary Travelcard for a BZ extension ticket either. I believe the only Travelcards valid on HS1 services at all are those issued by South Eastern from stations outside the zones and routed via HS1.

I'm surprised that Stratford wasn't made a pick-up/set-down only station for trains from/to London St Pancras; having allowed journeys you would have expected that Travelcards would be valid so that South Eastern would (presumably) get a slightly increased amount from the Travelcard revenue pot.

If what I understand about the validity of Travelcards is correct, it would lead to the curious situation where someone with a Romford to London Terminals monthly season could use HS1 from Stratford International to St Pancras (using the 3 mile rule - as the ticket is routed Any Permitted) whereas someone with a Romford to Zones 1-6 monthly Travelcard couldn't.

Is my understanding correct?

Mr Spock

I understand that the staff on these platforms are usually willing to let people on to take numbers and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.