• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stabbing near Oxenholme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TicketMan

A 21 year old man has been arrested for murder, and the two units involved shunted off the mainline and declared a crime scene

T

Tom

The suspect is currently being held at Kendal Police station, and if anyone is remotely interested... the unit affected is a normal Voyager. I do have the affected unit number but as someone has died I feel that it isn't right to give out the number.

AlexS

Established Member
It's a train number, anyone could go up to Carnforth or Oxenholme or wherever they recessed it and take a peek - same as anyone from Glasgow, Carlisle etc who saw the train en route!

TicketMan

Maybe so - but don't you think it's bad taste when the first thing some people ask is 'ooh what was the number?'

3 people have contacted me so far asking...

AlexS

Established Member
TicketMan said:
Maybe so - but don't you think it's bad taste when the first thing some people ask is 'ooh what was the number?'

3 people have contacted me so far asking...

Yes, of course, but it is tantamount to not saying a street name because someone's been stabbed there!

ikar

Hmm, imagine what would happen if the victim had a gun or something like that... My symphaties to the victim. Thankfully I live in a safe country when these types of crime.

Tomnick

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Our local radio station were so short on ideas, they came up with true or false street names
Now there's an idea for the next show...thanks ;).

Sprog

Established Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5023422.stm

BBC link above. Nice to see the copper crediting the train crew.

The female train manger went above and beyond the call of duty and cornered the murderer, however he managed to escpae by smashing out a window and trying to escape.

Well doen to the train crew for their efforts and bravery.

I have NO idea what id do in such a situation..........dont think any of us do unless its happened.

Also my sympathies to the victims family and freinds....

nasty.....very, very nasty...........

Status
Not open for further replies.