• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff benefits at ScotRail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewBoy

Good morning folks.

I’m looking for a little information re any staff benefits offered to ScotRail staff. The free travel is an obvious one, but other than that are there any other benefits available? I suppose I’m thinking of things like discounted gym memberships, money off vouchers for certain restaurants/shops etc.

...and as an aside, are there any social clubs which run within ScotRail? Whether it be a fishing club, a walking club, a snooker club, does anything like that go on?

Cheers for any info/help :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheNewBoy

Giving this a wee bump as it’s about to drop off page one. There must be someone out there who works for ScotRail?

Lengthman

Free travel for staff and dependents, discounted travel with other TOCs. 12 discounted family and friends tickets anywhere in Scotrail network which renews each year.
There are other discount through retailers, these are updated through our Hapibenefits site/app.

Regards clubs, each depot will have their own. Glasgow Central has a golf section, various different groups who organise football every week, guys who go walking, cycling, etc.

TheNewBoy

Free travel for staff and dependents, discounted travel with other TOCs. 12 discounted family and friends tickets anywhere in Scotrail network which renews each year.
There are other discount through retailers, these are updated through our Hapibenefits site/app.

Regards clubs, each depot will have their own. Glasgow Central has a golf section, various different groups who organise football every week, guys who go walking, cycling, etc.

Thanks Lengthman, that’s exactly the sort of info I was after, it’s good to get a wee insight.

Cheers :)

tom73

Is it just me or is it a little inappropriate to be putting fringe benefits offered by a TOC on a public forum. If a TOC chooses not to make such information public except to job candidates, it should perhaps remain confidential.

Established Member
Is it just me or is it a little inappropriate to be putting fringe benefits offered by a TOC on a public forum. If a TOC chooses not to make such information public except to job candidates, it should perhaps remain confidential.
Its just you.

Lengthman

Tom73 I understand where your coming from, but must of this information can be sourced online or indeed is general corporate benefits most large companies provide. The Aslef website provides details of travel benefits for every Toc and even salary details(which I class as more confidential).

Set_DRA

I have to agree- It’s just you.

Journeyman

Established Member

This stuff is fine. The stuff I have a problem with is safety and security related stuff, which loads of people post, and should absolutely not be made public.

There's nothing here you can't find out very easily for yourself.

This stuff is fine. The stuff I have a problem with is safety and security related stuff, which loads of people post, and should absolutely not be made public.

There's nothing here you can't find out very easily for yourself.

It is and in this information is on almost every job advertisement for a TOC that I've seen. After all they will want to boast about the employee benefits that they offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.