Staff Change - theblackwatch

Discussion in 'Forum Information & Announcements' started by ainsworth74, 29 Sep 2019.

1. ainsworth74

ainsworth74 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Dear All,

Forum member and Staff Team member @theblackwatch will be stepping down as a member of the Forum team and be handing in the ban hammer. He has a message for you all which follows:

I'm sure you'll all want to join me in thanking him for his tireless efforts over the years and wishing him well for the future.

We will make a separate announcement regarding any other changes to the Forum Staff in the near future.

Regards,

The Forum Staff

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

Thanks for all the effort you've put in over the last 13 years, helping the forum become as successful as it has :smile:

4. Darandio

Darandio Established Member

Agreed, thankyou for all of your efforts.

5. hexagon789

hexagon789 Established Member

Thanks for all your tireless work and efforts over those 13 years, all the best for the future :)

6. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

I echo all the comments so far. I have also attended a couple of his splendidly organised pub crawls. Indeed on one of them he invited me to make a couple of suggestions as to which pubs to include in the crawl. I was relieved when they turned out to be good on the day and therefore met with his approval! :D

7. Struner

Struner Member

Thank you.

8. Peter Mugridge

Peter Mugridge Established Member

I think I remember that; the one who got caught out after having posted identical circumstances elsewhere but with a very noticeable time difference...?

9. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

Thank you for all your efforts.

10. Cowley

Cowley Established Member

@theblackwatch - thank you for your help, support and friendship since I’ve joined. I hope you enjoy posting still and that you’re not faking your own death. :lol:
    Well done for all the work you’ve put in to this over the years. You should be very proud of what you’ve all accomplished.
    See you in the history and preservation sections. ;)

Edit - (and the pub of course...)

Last edited: 30 Sep 2019
  11. Ash Bridge

Ash Bridge Established Member

Will they be dragging him off to the Doncaster Works scrapline soon then or does a life in preservation beckon? ;)

Seriously though @theblackwatch l wish you all the very best and we are all most grateful for the great work and effort you've put into RUK, hopefully see you on a forum meal sometime in the not too distant future :)

Last edited: 30 Sep 2019
  12. Starmill

Starmill Events Co-ordinator

Thank you to @theblackwatch for so many years of positive contribution to events and other matters. I quite agree with your summary of the forum's pub crawls, and I would like them to continue just as much as you!

13. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    @theblackwatch Best wishes in the future and thanks for all of your hard work.

break him up for spare parts to keep the rest of the moderator fleet running. ;)

14. AntoniC

AntoniC Member

@theblackwatch ,
    Thank you for all your efforts in making this place such a great place to hang out and make friends.
    I have always enjoyed your company at Forum events - and I cant wait to meet you again !.

15. Iskra

Iskra Established Member

13 years is very impressive in internet terms. Well done and enjoy your retirement ;)

16. tbtc

tbtc Veteran Member

Only just seen this news.

For me - the requirements of a Moderator/Admin are much like those of a referee in football:

1. Do the job diligently, so competently in fact that people don't even notice that you are there because they are able to focus on the action due to the strings that you are subtly pulling
    2. Looking good whilst running backwards and wearing a black shirt

I can confirm that @theblackwatch meets at least one of these criteria...

:lol:

I'm sure someone will be quick to suggest a cut/shunt upgrade to convert him into something convoluted...

17. High Dyke

High Dyke Established Member

Hear hear. Well done and thank you Black Watch.

18. 70014IronDuke

70014IronDuke Established Member

That's a good point. He'll be expecting to have a locomotive named after him at this rate., ... oh, wait a minute
    :)

19. Crossover

Crossover Established Member

Can only really echo the thoughts of the other posters here and thank @theblackwatch for his contributions over the years. Hope to continue to see you about in the future :)

20. theblackwatch

theblackwatch Emeritus Moderator

Thanks folks, I am posting this from the retirement home for forum moderators. (Actually I lie, I am sat behind D1015 as they let us out occasionally.)

As I said, it's been a good time but I'm now enjoying a back seat - hope to see many of you around in the future!