• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Over the past few years RailUK Forums has grown enormously, yet have not appointed any additional Moderators in that time, in fact the number of staff has actually decreased!

Therefore, the decision has been made to appoint both bb21 and Mike395 as forum Moderators, with immediate effect. We would like to welcome them both to the team. Further to this, yorkie has decided to return to an Administrator position which he has held in the past.

Our revised staff list can be found here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
Good stuff, don't think anyone can have any complaints about the moderation on here - hope things continue to work as smoothly :)

SS4

Established Member
Haaaaaa I see. get you now - Thanks. Admins make sure we all have a forum to read :)

Exactly :D

Admins are like NR engineers who maintain the track so that signallers and guards [Moderators] can direct trains [users] on the site :lol:

Crossover

Established Member
I just spotted that Yorkie had gone green - wondered what was going on :P

Congratulations guys and keep up the hard work :)

thefab444

Established Member
Perhaps it's a sign of how RUK has grown that I'd only vaguely heard of bb21 and before reading this! There's just so many people on here now. :oops:

Still, it's good to see a commitment to continued quality moderation on here.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I for one welcome our new moderation and administrative overlords and wish them well in all their nefarious endeavors ;)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Congratulations - I, however feel slightly embarrassed that I have never heard of bb21 and mike395; I probably spending too much tine in the quiz forums! :oops::lol:

Crossover

Established Member
Congratulations - I, however feel slightly embarrassed that I have never heard of bb21 and mike395; I probably spending too much tine in the quiz forums! :oops::lol:

I have a feeling Mike395 may be a name change (possibly from MikeWh, but I may be wrong)

I have met bb21 on a forum meet - bet him at his own game too :D (well, once, I think :P)

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I have a feeling Mike395 may be a name change (possibly from MikeWh, but I may be wrong)

I have met bb21 on a forum meet - bet him at his own game too :D (well, once, I think :P)

Mike395 was MikeW.

the sniper

Established Member
Mike395 was MikeW.

Few... I didn't think I'd heard of either of them! MikeW is a familiar name though.

Congratulations and good luck to both bb21 and Mike395 anyway. :)

Just out of curiosity, how do people go about becoming moderators? Or is it a position for which you are head hunted?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Few... I didn't think I'd heard of either of them! MikeW is a familiar name though.

Congratulations and good luck to both bb21 and Mike395 anyway. :)

Just out of curiosity, how do people go about becoming moderators? Or is it a position for which you are head hunted?

Exceptional knowledge in one area for local moderators or good all-round knowledge for global moderators.

Not head hunted, more who you know ;)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Exceptional knowledge in one area for local moderators or good all-round knowledge for global moderators.

All moderators on RailUK are global moderators, we don't have any local moderators. Moderators are usually picked by the staff by discussing who we think is suitable for the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.