• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff discounted travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

letmedrive

Can anyone advise on discounted travel for toc employee's families?

I hope to be starting with FCC in a few weeks (if they ever get the medical organised). My 22 year old daughter works in London is there any chance of getting her discounted travel?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

Can anyone advise on discounted travel for toc employee's families?

I hope to be starting with FCC in a few weeks (if they ever get the medical organised). My 22 year old daughter works in London is there any chance of getting her discounted travel?

I believe travel facilities are given to the employee, their partner, dependent children under 16, any children aged between 16 and 25 are only entitled to priv travel if they are in full time education and/or they earn less than a certain amount.

From http://www.atoc.org/about-atoc/rail-staff-travel ;

I've highlighted the income limit in bold.

7e: Dependant Children aged 16 or over

1. When a dependant child (young person) reaches the age of 16, a Declaration confirming his/her status and eligibility must be made.
2. A declaration of continued eligibility must be made every two years thereafter up to the age of 25, then annually: RSTL will issue the appropriate form automatically (usually with the Staff Travel Card or TOC Priv card renewal) but the form is available at any time online.
3. If the form is not returned by the due date, RSTL will assume that facilities are no longer required.
4. The young person must be dependant on the employee and must also be:
a. Unmarried; and
b. Permanently living with the employee (or exceptionally the other natural parent but only if still fully and solely maintained by the employee); but
c. Not living with a partner in the parent’s home; or
d. Temporarily living away from home in connection with education/training.
5. In addition to the above, young people between the ages of 16 and 24 may be in receipt of small income subject to a weekly limit which is reviewed each 1 April.
6. The income limit effective 1 April 2012 is £124.10 per week.
7. In this context, income:
a. Includes state benefits, and any paid employment except when earned during vacation periods of not more than 3 months during continuous full-time further education (travel facilities must not be used for residential purposes in connection with such employment).
b. Includes the value of free board and lodging or meals when provided in connection with employment
c. Excludes scholarship or maintenance grants (including any sum paid for travel) or allowance for educational fees, purchase of books etc, paid by an educational authority in connection with further education.
d. Excludes any family allowance paid to the parent in respect of the child.
8. In addition to the above, young people aged 25 or over, in order to be eligible, must have been continuously unemployed since leaving full-time education, and be in receipt of no income or benefits whatsoever.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, once a young person has lost his/her travel facilities by taking up full-time employment, facilities cannot be regained simply by taking part-time employment instead in order to keep earnings below the income limit.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, once a young person has lost his/her travel facilities by leaving the parental home whatever the reason (subject to certain exceptions), facilities cannot be regained simply by returning to live with the parents.
11. However, if a young person having lost his/her travel facilities by taking up full-time employment then relinquishes that employment in order to return to full-time education, facilities may be reinstated but subject to all other criteria (ie living at home, income limit if under 25, no income at all if aged 25 or over).
12. If the young person is permanently disabled (irrespective of age), has never been able to follow any employment, will never be able to do so, is eligible for benefits and this has been established and registered at RSTL, ongoing declarations are not required.
13. To make the declaration, use Form 1205.
14. RSTL reserves the right to make further enquiries about the status of any dependant child.

scrapy

Established Member
The limits set by ATOC/RSTL are for Priv travel. You cannot commute on a Priv ticket, they can be used only for leisure use.

TOCs allow free travel on their own services for employees and their families, although many use the same criteria for this as RSTL for determining which family members qualify, it may be worth contacting FCC to confirm and see if they qualify.

Asian Demon

The person who you want to contact in regards to all things travel related at FCC is Peter White. He'll be able to confirm everything with you. When you start your induction, they'll be able to give you all his contact details.

The limits set by ATOC/RSTL are for Priv travel. You cannot commute on a Priv ticket, they can be used only for leisure use.

TOCs allow free travel on their own services for employees and their families, although many use the same criteria for this as RSTL for determining which family members qualify, it may be worth contacting FCC to confirm and see if they qualify.

75% off a season ticket is available to the staff member if you need to travel to work via another ToC.

Family members are entitled to free travel on the ToC you work for but for leisure purposes only.

The member of Staff is entitled to free travel on the ToC for any use - leisure or residential.

Priv tickets available for purchase via a Priv Discount card for 75% off top price fares (Anytime Tickets) but only should be used for leisure travel.

Samsam22

Hi when did u find out u got the job iv been waiting 3 weeks now to see if I have job but haven't herd a thing :( yet

letmedrive

Sam, I had my final interview in Jan and was told I'd passed in Feb but still not in mate so patience is indeed a virtue for us in this position.

Samsam22

Do u find out via a letter or phone call
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I had my interview back in June was told a couple of weeks of find out about of I got on been 3 allready

letmedrive

My application status changed on their website and I received an email.

Good luck to you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.