• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff down tools at Manchester Victoria following assault 19/12/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djgr

Established Member
The trouble is, if I go to a station for the first time, I don't expect to have to find instructions for how to catch a train from that station. I expect to look at the departure board, identify the platform my train's departing from and whether there are any delays, and assuming there are no delays I'll proceed to that platform. People who don't travel regularly - people heading to the airport, for example - aren't going to look for special instructions for a particular platform as they enter it. As for announcements, there's been plenty of comment on here about the way that the surfeit of announcements leads to people just not listening to them.

It's as if you went to a shop for the first time, got in the wrong queue to pay and were shouted at aggressively by an individual when you got to the front of this queue (and this shouty individual doesn't even look like they are an employee of the shop)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mathew S

Established Member
The trouble is, if I go to a station for the first time, I don't expect to have to find instructions for how to catch a train from that station. I expect to look at the departure board, identify the platform my train's departing from and whether there are any delays, and assuming there are no delays I'll proceed to that platform. People who don't travel regularly - people heading to the airport, for example - aren't going to look for special instructions for a particular platform as they enter it. As for announcements, there's been plenty of comment on here about the way that the surfeit of announcements leads to people just not listening to them.

It's as if you went to a shop for the first time, got in the wrong queue to pay and were shouted at aggressively by an individual when you got to the front of this queue (and this shouty individual doesn't even look like they are an employee of the shop)
I'm sorry, but I find that utterly ridiculous. The onus is on the passenger/customer to observe signs, listen to announcements, and follow the rules. If people are too self-entitled to exhibit a bit of common respect for others and follow the rules, they deserve to be shouted at, at least.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think this thread has run its course.

There hasn't been much discussion about the situation at Manchester Victoria in the last few dozen posts.

We are not stopping people discussing other matters, but they do need to be in suitably titled threads in the appropriate forum area, please :)

If you see someone start to go off topic and wish to expand upon it, please create a new thread at that point, rather than continuing off-topic discussion. You can then report the off topic discussion and let us know the situation. But there are too many off-topic posts in this thread for anything to be done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.