• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff Travel ID card

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionkop64

As my daughter has turned 16 and is off to college I applied for her staff travel pass to continue. I sent in a couple of passport sized photos for the ID card as well. I was surprised to find that ATOC no longer supply ID cards and I was advised to go to any manned station where they would supply me with a 'public ID card'. The bloke in the booking office didn't know anything about it, but was happy to give me a season ticket style ID card.

Has anyone else come across this issue and any anticipation of problems with guards seeing a season ticket ID card with staff travel boxes?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
As my daughter has turned 16 and is off to college I applied for her staff travel pass to continue. I sent in a couple of passport sized photos for the ID card as well. I was surprised to find that ATOC no longer supply ID cards and I was advised to go to any manned station where they would supply me with a 'public ID card'. The bloke in the booking office didn't know anything about it, but was happy to give me a season ticket style ID card.

Has anyone else come across this issue and any anticipation of problems with guards seeing a season ticket ID card with staff travel boxes?

The bloke in the booking office obviously hasn't been reading the various briefs which have been published stating that Rail Staff Travel no longer issue photocards and that you now have to go to a manned station to get one. Which is fine assuming you actually live near a manned station with sensible opening hours!

barrykas

Established Member
And what is to stop somebody finding a lost Staff card and then them presenting themselves with their photo at the ticket office to use that staff card?... Good one ATOC! <(
I would trust/hope that any Ticket Office asked to provide a photocard to accompany a Staff Travel Card/TOCNE Card would request ID prior to issuing same!

In our case, however, we've been instructed not to issue them at all, and to direct any requests to our Personnel Department.

Cheers,

Barry

First class

Established Member
I would trust/hope that any Ticket Office asked to provide a photocard to accompany a Staff Travel Card/TOCNE Card would request ID prior to issuing same!

In our case, however, we've been instructed not to issue them at all, and to direct any requests to our Personnel Department.

Cheers,

Barry

Maybe for your own TOC, but if another member of staff arrived at your booking office, ATOC RST guidelines state you must give them one. No Travel Card/Priv is required to be shown, because if the holder has lost theirs, and has sent for a replacement, they are still able to get a photocard whilst waiting.

spionkop64

Thanks for the clarification everyone. I will brief her on the change in case she gets a guard who doesn't know the current situation - there is after all a bit on the ID card that talks about the number on the ID card matching the number on the travel pass/season ticket. Obviously, in her case it doesn't as we already have her boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.