• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stafford to Brighton avoiding London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Need to get from Stafford to Brighton. There are two of us, with a 2 together railcard. Leaving 0700 ish on Wednesday 15th June, returning Thursday 16th from Brighton around 1630 on Thursday 16th.

We want to travel without crossing London. I have found one route

Stafford - Milton Keynes - Clapham Jct - Brighton

This throws up a plethora of fares, depending on where/how many times you split the ticket.

I was also trying to work out whether we could travel with XC and change somewhere in the Thames Valley.

I know that XC used to serve Brighton many moons ago, but remember that tis was all messed about with when franchises were juggled.

Excuse my ignorance, but which TOCs operate in and out of Brighton? Southern, Thameslink - are there others?

Thanks in advance of your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RailAleFan

Have a look at Stafford > Reading > (Clapham Junction or Gatwick Airport) > Brighton.

For Stafford to Reading (CrossCountry), splitting at Banbury can make a big difference.

Train operators serving Brighton are Gatwick Express, Great Western, Southern and Thameslink...

HTH!

Clip

Established Member
Have you tried via New st,Reading and Gatwick I think if you want to go that way

cookie365

What's the issue with travelling through London? If you just want to avoid the tube, walk from Euston to St Pancras and get a Brighton train from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.