• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stafford Universal grinding siding and Walcot Siding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbornite

Established Member
I've got two similar questions, basically when were these two sidings last used? I'm aware that the Universal grinding siding (located to the North of Stafford station) was removed during the recent resignalling works and was a stub of the branch to Wellington, which had closed in the 1960s.

As for the Walcot siding, I first noticed it during a recent trip to Shrewsbury, it is located adjacent to a small industrial estate on the up side of the railway. Again, I can't find much info on it but I think it's still connected to the Shrewsbury- Wolverhampton line.

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RailAleFan

The former Wellington branch line siding is being stopped up as part of the Stafford western access route road scheme (map)

Harbornite

Established Member
Most of the Universal Grinding Wheel Co buildings which had stood empty for many years have been recently demolished.

Ah right, I wasn't aware of this development.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The former Wellington branch line siding is being stopped up as part of the Stafford western access route road scheme (map)

I see, thanks for sharing that. Not much of the siding has been cut back, I'd have thought that it would have been completely removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.