• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

They look to be 2015 coaches, a lot of the Fife ones were registered between 2011 & 2013 so marginally newer. Given the mileage they cover its time they were replaced.
Fife still have that sole 61 plate Elite and the rest are 62 and 63 plate tri-axles mostly on the Glasgow express with sockets that haven't worked on them for years, 64 plates from down South aren't too bad cause their USBs still work on them but definitely some investment needed IMO.

roadierway77

I find it surprising the Elites and Panther LEs were never delivered with any sort of tables, not even flip-down ones. A missed opportunity in my opinion, especially with the Panther LEs, given how popular the express routes are with commuters. Doing any sort of work on a laptop on a Stagecoach coach is pretty difficult.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
I find it surprising the Elites and Panther LEs were never delivered with any sort of tables, not even flip-down ones. A missed opportunity in my opinion, especially with the Panther LEs, given how popular the express routes are with commuters. Doing any sort of work on a laptop on a Stagecoach coach is pretty difficult.
It just seems like an unnecessary cost in my opinion. I’m not sure why many users would need to use a laptop on the X55?

Fifescottish

I saw a Stagecoach 23 plate electric bus on the 2 in Dunfermline this evening. I think it was numbered 30020. Presumably Dunfermline depots new buses are starting to arrive. Do we know how many are due?

APT618S

I saw a Stagecoach 23 plate electric bus on the 2 in Dunfermline this evening. I think it was numbered 30020. Presumably Dunfermline depots new buses are starting to arrive. Do we know how many are due?
10 - 30018-30027, with Perth getting the next 5, (30028-30032).
Source, 2023 Stagecoach bus handbook published by British Bus Publishing.

What's going on with the X55 at the moment? I passed one late last night heading out of Edinburgh (after 10pm) which was displaying Bus Full, and I've just passed one today (at about half 1pm) heading into Edinburgh also displaying Bus Full; are they frequently running full even at off-peak times now?

roadierway77

What's going on with the X55 at the moment? I passed one late last night heading out of Edinburgh (after 10pm) which was displaying Bus Full, and I've just passed one today (at about half 1pm) heading into Edinburgh also displaying Bus Full; are they frequently running full even at off-peak times now?
The X55 usually doesn't run full off-peak from my experience, only occasionally, but it always tends to be quite busy. It's an extremely popular service - it's pretty common for peak time services and the last bus of the night back from Edinburgh to run full. It could definitely benefit from a frequency increase but I'm not sure if resources are available at the moment for that.
I find Stagecoach's approach to these new vehicles interesting - earlier this week I attended one of McGill's launch events for their new batch of Yutong electrics; the company seemed to be making a fairly big deal of the new stock, hosting three separate launch events in Greenock, Port Glasgow and Linwood. Stagecoach, on the other hand, have just silently pressed these new electrics into service with little fanfare and no announcement. They're not obligated to promote them, of course, but the silence seems a little strange, considering these are the first new battery electric buses to ever grace Dunfermline's streets.
It just seems like an unnecessary cost in my opinion. I’m not sure why many users would need to use a laptop on the X55?
Perhaps only a few, but perhaps many; the X55 is a popular commuter route, with it almost always running full at peak times, and the lack of any surfaces makes doing work during the commute difficult. I'm a student in Edinburgh who uses the X55 at least six times a week and it would be useful to make the travel time productive, but using a laptop on the bus is just too awkward. Yes, I could just use the train, but many choose to use the bus over the train as it's cheaper and in some places more convenient.

overthewater

Established Member
10 - 30018-30027, with Perth getting the next 5, (30028-30032).
Source, 2023 Stagecoach bus handbook published by British Bus Publishing.

Does that mean Glenrothes is getting the other 15 then? Mind you that seems a lot for them.

It should really be every 20mins, and frequently has deckers put onto the service to deal with the demands.

I find Stagecoach's approach to these new vehicles interesting - earlier this week I attended one of McGill's launch events for their new batch of Yutong electrics; the company seemed to be making a fairly big deal of the new stock, hosting three separate launch events in Greenock, Port Glasgow and Linwood. Stagecoach, on the other hand, have just silently pressed these new electrics into service with little fanfare and no announcement. They're not obligated to promote them, of course, but the silence seems a little strange, considering these are the first new battery electric buses to ever grace Dunfermline's streets.
There has been an Electric bus running about for weeks now doing tests. It was one of the Perth ones. Maybe they are making sure everything works before highlighting stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

APT618S

Does that mean Glenrothes is getting the other 15 then? Mind you that seems a lot for them.
Nothing listed for Glenrothes, Perth has listed an additional 7 in the 29000 number series (29119-29125) which is the slightly shorter model.

roadierway77

There has been an Electric bus running about for weeks now doing tests. It was one of the Perth ones. Maybe they are making sure everything works before highlighting stuff?
Yes, it was 29116, managed to catch a ride on it here in Dunfermline at one point. Saw 29112 the other day as well. Perhaps so, maybe a soft launch? Either way, time will tell.

Volvodart

Established Member
The Inverness formal launch was a good while after they started to enter service.

pimmy

Glenrothes is getting 6 E100 power points. They're starting to get installed tomorrow.

Fifescottish

I believe that it is the Dunfermline city services to go electric, presumably the 1,2, 3 and 5 services. Are 10 new electric buses enough?

pimmy

Apparently the e100s that are coming to Glenrothes are for Kirkcaldy town services 34 and 35 about time Kirkcaldy town services got new buses

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Apparently the e100s that are coming to Glenrothes are for Kirkcaldy town services 34 and 35 about time Kirkcaldy town services got new buses
Do you have a source for this?

roadierway77

New 200EVs 30018, 30020 and 30024 are now tracking on bustimes.org. Saw 30022 sitting outside St Leonards a short while ago as well, though not tracking.

Stagecoach have announced a fare increase for East Scotland will come into affect from Sunday April 2nd, with fares rising by around 15%.

A link to the relevant service updates article is below, alongside a quote of the article's content.

Fare change in East Scotland from Sunday 2nd April​

We understand the cost-of-living pressures our customers face, and we realise that fare increases are not welcome. However, we strongly believe our fares still represent good value for money.
Stagecoach has encountered several challenges including the global Covid 19 pandemic, industry-wide recruitment shortages, and rising costs. The cost-of-living crisis has impacted businesses, and there have been significant increases to its three largest costs – wages, fuel, and engineering parts.
The emergency funding provided by the Scottish Government to ensure a level of bus service for people to access local amenities, which would not otherwise have been commercially sustainable, has been reduced over the past 12 months and from 31st March 2023 will be withdrawn altogether.

As a result of this change, from Sunday 2nd April 2023, all fares will increase by an average of 15% across all bus services operated by Stagecoach East Scotland.
You can find out the new price of your bus ticket below.
AdultChild
All DayOff PeakAll DayOff Peak
Broxden P&R£ 2.20£ -£ 1.10£ -
West Fife - Edi£ 7.20£ 6.10£ 3.70£ 3.10
Rest of Fife - Edi£ 8.50£ 7.20£ 4.30£ 3.70
West Fife - Livingston£ 8.50£ 7.20£ 4.30£ 3.70
Kirk/Glen/Cup - Dundee£ -£ 8.50£ -£ 4.30
Stonehaven to Aberdeen£ 7.40£ -£ 4.50£ -
Perth Day Return£ 5.40£ -£ 2.80£ -
Town /City ZonesAdultStudentChildGroup
DayRider£ 4.00£ 3.00£ 2.40£ 10.00
Flexi 5£ 16.00£ 12.00--
7 Day MegaRider£ 14.40£ 10.80--
4 Week MegaRider£ 47.60£ 35.70--
4 Week MegaRider Xtra£ 47.60---
13 Week MegaRider-£142.80--
Regional ZonesAdultStudChildGroup
DayRider£ 8.00£ 6.00£ 4.80£ 20.00
Flexi 5£ 32.00£ 24.00--
7 Day MegaRider£ 28.00£ 21.00--
4 Week MegaRider£ 92.50£ 69.40--
4 Week MegaRider Xtra£ 92.50---
13 Week MegaRider-£277.60--
East Scotland ZoneAdultStudChildGroup
DayRider£ 11.00£ 8.30£ 6.60£ 27.50
Flexi 5£ 44.00£ 33.00--
7 Day MegaRider£ 36.50£ 27.40--
4 Week MegaRider£118.50£ 88.90--
4 Week MegaRider Xtra£118.30---
13 Week MegaRider-£355.60--
19 RouteRider ticketAdultStudChildGroup
DayRider£ 5.00£ 3.80£ 3.00£ 12.50
Flexi 5£ 20.00£ 15.00--
7 Day MegaRider£ 17.00£ 12.80--
4 Week MegaRider£ 55.00£ 41.30--
4 Week MegaRider Xtra£ 55.00---
13 Week MegaRider-£165.20--
NightRider£ 3.50
Jet747 Period Return£ 20.00
*New* Jet747 Duo Period Return (2x Adults)£ 36.00
Jet747 U16 Add On£ 2.00

Last edited:

Morayshire

Have been told that a Stagecoach 23 plate has gone up in smoke outside RM Condor heading into Arbroath. Single decker apparently.

fife_circle

Have Dunfermline got some new panther LE’s? Noticed one running around with white LED display and red seats.

Last edited:

roadierway77

According to posts on the Stagecoach UK Enthusiasts page on Facebook, new vehicles LG23 EZU (30030) BYD ADL E200EV and LG23 EZX (14071) BYD ADL E400EV have entered service today in Perth and Dunfermline respectively. The former is already tracking on bustimes.org, the latter is not yet.

The link to the aforementioned group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stagecoachuk/?ref=share

Has this been acquired by Stagecoach and is to stay?
I believe 54521 is on loan to Stagecoach from Plaxton for the foreseeable future, but it may have been bought outright, I'm not too sure. It's of course now in Stagecoach livery, but considering the vehicle was also repainted into TrawsCymru livery when with Llew Jones, it's hard to tell if it'll be a permanent resident of Dunfermline depot or not.

Last edited: