• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Jamester

Looks like Dunfermline depot has acquired 2 low floor 08 plate MANs from Strathtay. I have seen 22570 and 22571 in Fife on number 7 route. Both still show Strathtay branding. Not sure what they are replacing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamester

Strathtay are to receive 16 new Enviro 400 double deckers complete with Wifi fitted. They are 60 plates.

East Scotland are also receiving ten of the same but depot allocation is not known. I'm guessing these will be headed for Fife.

robertclark125

Established Member
Yes that's what will happen. The 16 Enviro 400s for Strathtay will allow the Volvo B7TLs to be cascaded elsewhere within Strathtay, and possibly even to Perth and/or Fife.

As for the ten Enviro 400s coming to Fife, five each will go to Dunfermline and Aberhill.

Jamester

I wonder which 10 deckers the new ones will replace in Fife. I can name a few I would like to see the back of!!

I heard a rumour from a Dunfermline driver that the new buses are good to go except they won't be road taxed until the snow disappears.

I saw some of the Strathtay bound ones at Aberhill depot during the week. They are route branded. If memory serves me correctly i think it was service 73??
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There are also 14 new Dennis Dart Enviro 200s headed for Fife, possibly all for Dunfermline depot.

robertclark125

Established Member
The fleetnumbers for all the vehicles due are as follows:

Strathtay: Enviro 400 - 19641-56

Fife : Enviro 200 - 36193-206 ; Enviro 400 - 19660-9

If you're wondering where 19657-9 are, well, 19657/8 are for the south west, 19659 for Oxford.

robertclark125

Established Member
Unusual sighting today, an X42 branded Enviro 300 on a 37 working. Normally this sort of thing only happens on a Sunday. Fife has a PVR of two buses for the X42, Strathtay also two. Indeed, only two buses are branded for the X42.
Service changes being effected from 21st February. Includes a new service 57 from Kirkcaldy to Ferrytoll via Burntisland, route 19 going to Ferrytoll, and the Jubilee Centre in Stenton no longer being served by the 39. The latter is problemtic due to parked lorries.

Also worth noting route 747 is no longer called airdirect 747, instead JET747.

Jamester

Not quite sure why service 57 is being introduced. It will end up being used by passengers travelling between Kirkcaldy and Kinghorn/Burntisland. It will cause more congestion and delays for buses at Ferrytoll, especially with the 19A going there as well.

I can't imagine there being much demand from passengers travelling from Kinghorn/Burntisland/Aberdour to Ferrytoll only to have to change buses. The one X58 that currently serves Kinghorn and Burntisland in the morning, only picks up 2, maybe 3 passengers.
Some B7s form Strathtay have been transferred to Glenrothes. Saw 16935 the other day at Bell Baxter High School.

robertclark125

Established Member
The ex Strathtay B7TLs will be the first East Lancs bodied double deckers for Stagecoach Fife. Also, for the first time since 2000, these will be double deck transfers in that are not to Stagecoach group spec, being boguht when Yorkshire Traction was the parent of Strathay.

For the record, the last non Stagecoach spec double decks transfered into Fife (not including acquisitions of other firms) were Volvo Citybuses E865/7 RCS from Western Scottish.

mbonwick

Established Member
Question for you Scots:

How many 70-seat coaches does the Rennies operation have?

Jamester

The B7TL deckers look odd, don't they? It will take a bit of getting used to seeing them in Fife.

Dunfermline depot have some of their new Enviro 200s on the road and they are branded "Around Dunfermline". Very imaginitive! I saw one on the 7 & 6 route on Saturday. Not sure if they will be used permanently on these routes.

As far as I'm aware the new Enviro deckers will be introduced on 1st February. At Aberhill 19660 - 19664 will replace 16422, 16426, 16427, 16429(already withdrawn) and 16438.

robertclark125

Established Member
Hey Jamester, PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to MSN. Any chance as well you're able to get updated fleetcards on here, just like on the north west discussion thread?

Tom B

Established Member
Are the B7TLs to the same spec as the other Tracky ones?

mbonwick

Established Member
Hey Jamester, PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to MSN. Any chance as well you're able to get updated fleetcards on here, just like on the north west discussion thread?

Fleetcards would be very handy, latest I have are from June! :lol:

I know there was a 3-way, 3 vehicle swap with Dunfermline, Perth and Highlands, but I'm now hearing that 7 vehicles moved from Dunfermline - is this correct?

Jamester

I only know the full fleet details of Aberhill depot :cry:

I assume there will be quite a degree of change at Dunfermline depot once the 14 new Enviro 200s are on the go. Plus they are getting 5 new deckers next week.

mbonwick

Established Member
Can anyone shed any light on the fleet cascades as a result of the large influx of new vehicles?

I seem to think that ultimately its Varios and older Darts leaving?

Confirmation much appreciated.

robertclark125

Established Member
ATM, I know that five Volvo Olympians at Aberhill have moved to Rennies, and another five at the same depot, as a result of cascades from other depots, are making a one way journey to Dunsmores for breaking.

Jamester

I beleive The 'S' reg darts are being transferred to Yorkshire but they are currently at Aberhill getting spruced up a bit. The 05/06 darts in the 347?? and 351?? fleet range have been transferred to Bluebird. (Maybe except one which will remain at Cowdenbeath)

All the B7TL deckers from Strathtay are bound for Glenrothes as far as I Know. Let's hope Fife keeps the best of the Olympians.

robertclark125

Established Member
Interesting that Rennies, when stagecoach took over, had a Double deck PVR 0f 16, with 18 available, now has a double deck PVR of 19, with 21 available. How much longer, I wonder, before double decks outnumber coaches on schools work?

robertclark125

Established Member
Notable vehicle up for disposal, in good condition, is 16894, better known as ex Lothian L964 WSC. The only Cummins M11 engined Volvo Olympian.

mbonwick

Established Member
I thought the fleetcard had them all down as going to Campbell's for scrap; none to Yorkshire?

Jamester

52258 is currently at Aberhill on loan along with 52475 to cover for B7s which are off the road.

robertclark125

Established Member
22267 is back in service at Glenrothes, and the rear end has a large grille cut into it on the nearside. It reminds me of a mark 1 Leyland National! For those of you in the North west, Stagecoach Ribble Volvo B6's had a similar tratment.

mbonwick

Established Member
The B6s we had towards the end hadn't had that treatment, at least 30277/81 and 30940 (I think) hadn't.

Jamester

22267 has recently had a new engine fitted which is why it now has a grille at the rear. 22277 and 22266 have both had the same treatment and are in service at St.Andrews.

22276 is currently at Aberhill and looks like it is awaiting new seating, not sure where it is destined. 22263 is also awaiting an engine upgrade but is currently in a sorry state.

Jamester

I have heard rumours that Rennies has lost its school contracts after being undercut by First and possibly other smaller operators. These rumours have extended to suggest that Stagecoach Dunfermline may lose some of its school contracts.

Furthermore it has been suggested that First has plans to establish a depot in the Pitreavie area and will invest in new buses. If this is true then it would suggest that First are looking to run services in the area. Time will tell.

robertclark125

Established Member
First did run a service before, from 1997-2000, before giving it up. The old Fifefirst 56. Quite what First's intentions are this time are unclear. However, perhaps ironically, should it be true, then it would give Stagecoach the chance to purchase its main rival in Glenrothes, Moffat and Williamson. The arguement that stagecoach has a monopoly would be out the window. Also expect work to have to be found for drivers losing their jobs.