• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
It does seem overall there 9 buses coming off the network overall:

OFF
* 3 buses - No19
* 4 buses - NoX8
* 1 bus - No8 in Perth
* 1 bus - No11/12 Kirkcaldy
* 1 bus - 77B
* 1 bus - 44s
* 2 bus - X53 ( the other 3 will be used to A: extend X54 to Ninewells and B extend X26 to Dundee. ) While Kingoodie is replaced by the new 39
13 buses:

New/ON
* 2 buses - X51
* 1 bus for the new 31

9 buses off the road, If your thinking what about the X4? that will most likely get clamped on to the 32s.. There will need to found five coaches to cover the new workload on the express network. X8 was only put on last year to see if there could grow further demand on the bus route. Outside peak times its empty really really empty... Kirkcaldy is dire and its town central is like a waste land. Plans are afoot for a new Cinema, but there only plans so why was money on better bus service for the time being.

overthewater

Established Member
Its 10 that coming off, the extra one is from the 11/12. Also Service 14 and 32 are now interlinked.

overthewater

Established Member
Good news, bad news:

Bad news:

At least the heating working......

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1410980-bus-engulfed-by-flames-as-fire-breaks-out-at-stop/

A bus was engulfed in flames after a fire broke out in Fife. The Stagecoach vehicle was reported on fire at a stop near Knockhill racetrack in Steelend. There was one passenger on board at the time, who was able to leave the vehicle safely along with the driver. Firefighters were called to the scene around 12.41pm on Friday, where the bus was found "well alight." Crews from Dunfermline used two sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reels to tackle the blaze.

A spokeswoman for Stagecoach East Scotland said: "One of our vehicles, operating on service 28 at Steelend was involved in an incident today, whereby the vehicle developed a fault, and the driver detected smoke coming from the rear of the bus.

"The driver ensured that the passenger on board alighted the vehicle safely and the fire service attended, however, there was significant damage caused to the vehicle. "Safety is our priority and we have launched a thorough investigation into the cause of the incident."

578589-bus-on-fire-in-steelend-fife-march-23-2018.jpg

Good news:

https://stv.tv/news/features/1411011-perth-poets-take-their-art-live-onto-stagecoach-buses/

A group of poets in Perth have come up with a radical way to take art to the streets - by boarding public buses.

Jim Mackintosh, poet-in-residence for the upcoming Platform Festival in Perthshire, thought of the idea after hearing about poets who travel for free on Amtrak trains in the US in return for performing.

Dubbed 'Wheels in Emotion', the project will take Mackintosh and a team of fellow performers around Perth and the nearby countryside as they randomly get on Stagecoach buses to recite poetry and play music.

The performances are part of the Platform Festival, a celebration of contemporary arts now in its second year which officially starts on Saturday.

Mr Mackintosh, who is also poet-in-residence for St Johnstone Football Club, was joined on a bus on Friday by local spoken word artist Rana Marathon and musician Craig Lithgow to show the idea in action.

578610-perth-poets-jim-mackintosh-rana-marathon-and-craig-lithgow.png

Poets: Craig Lithgow, Rana Marathon and Jim Mackintosh. STV
He said: "I just have these crazy ideas sometimes and this one came about after reading about the Amtrak poets-in-residence in the USA.

"I firmly believe there is poetry bubbling under the surface of many travellers on the buses of Perthshire and want to provide a platform for it to be heard.

"I'd encourage anyone from students at school, college and University, to young mums, folk going to and from work, folk shopping or our brilliant bus pass generations to share their poetry with us."

Helen Smout, chief executive of Culture Perth and Kinross, which runs the festival, said: "Platform Festival gives artists and audiences a platform to innovate and to push their creative boundaries.

"The fact that Jim is using buses as a platform for poetry really captures the spirit of what this week is all about.

"We hope he can inspire audiences to find their own creative voice and take part in the festival in their own way."

Running from March 24 to March 31, Platform Festival will provide a week of exhibitions, performances, music, talks and workshops across Perth and Kinross featuring local artists and performers.

robertclark125

Established Member
In a surprising development, four ex Rennies tridents have been sold to Moffat and Williamson. They're currently at that firms Glenrothes depot, but are expected to be used on schools routes in North Fife. One of the vehicles is 17408, but the others I can't identify. A repaint into M&W livery is awaited.

overthewater

Established Member
The list above is somewhat correct; 10 buses are coming off but from where......

OFF
* 2 buses - No19
* 4 buses - NoX8
* 1 bus - No8 in Perth
* 2 bus - No11/12 Kirkcaldy
* 1 bus - 77B
* 1 bus - 44s
* 3 bus - X53 ( 1 will be used to extend X54 to Ninewells and the other will allow the 39 to go to Kingoodie is replaced by the new 39
14 buses:

New/ON
* 2 buses - X51
* 1 bus for the new 31
* 1 bus for X4

10 buses off the road. Service 32 is clamped on to the 14( K4) also there will only need 3 extra coaches to cover the extend X51/X54, There have retimed the X26 and it can now do Glenrothes - Dundee and back within the timetable. 56 is an odd on but it would seem it switching depots and a interworked with School fleet.

Fifescottish

It looks like they have added an additional X56 in the morning peak but the gap in the PM is now almost an hour and a half leaving Perth between 1625 and 1750. The 56 is strange . They extended it about 3 years ago and nobody used it.

overthewater

Established Member
There are no extra journeys on the X56, a few just been retimed. Its still 80 mins from Edinburgh West end to Canal Street, i still dont understand why its goes via Scott street it really should just go left out the bus stance and head straight to the South Inch. I think the 56 will die on its backside OR are parks of hamilton are planning to pull off the M91 for good?

Fifescottish

I thought it looked like there was a 0720 and 0750 from Halbeath?

The South St stop in Perth is busier than the bus station to be honest.

Parks would be as well pulling the M91. It just carries fresh air now.

Fifescottish

The 2 M91 that leave Perth at 1745 and 1815 are empty when they leave Perth towards Edinburgh. They will never carry commuters like they did at one time as there is no bus North before 0900 in the morning.

Hope they return the X56 in the PM as the 1750 will be almost 1900 before it gets to Habeath which is too late

overthewater

Established Member
I wonder if it was moved to stop any late running on the inward trip? I doubt stagecoach will put on a extra run at 18.50 if Parks pull those journey. I just done understand why Parks never converted the M91s to M90s. makes me wonder if Highland Council are helping to keep them on?

overthewater

Established Member
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/servi...rticle?SituationId=ID-20/07/2017-13:51:24:788

Final set changes have been made public. Very little has changed, although the following will change:

Fife:
* 3C afternoon journey withdrawn.
* 14: will be rerouted via Whyteman’s Brae and Hayfield Road, with the X27 now stopping on Hendry Road and an additional journey has been added departing Kirkcaldy bus station at 1740 Monday – Friday.
* Glasgow Express: These service will now calls at the Cairneyhill, Glen Moriston Drive bus stops.
* X51: via Deer Park in Livingston.
* X60 will be rerouted to serve Dalgety Bay, Western Access Road, Meadowfield, Pentland Rise and Eastern Access Road bus stops, but will not run via Inverkeithing, Hillfield Road.
* 42 and 77 will omit Commercial Street and Seagate to improve reliability.

Tayside:
* 30: Will now via Seaton Road, St Ninians Road, Cliffburn Road then into Arbroath bus station and the reverse back out.
* 57: Saturday evening journeys contracted by Perth & Kinross Council are no longer operated by Stagecoach and will instead be operated by Xplore Dundee.
* 60: Saturday journeys withdrawn.

NO BIG surprises here:
X7 now serve Ethiebeaton Park. Additional journeys added at 0645 from Perth Royal Infirmary to Dundee Monday – Saturday, 0732 from Perth Royal Infirmary into Dundee and a return journey at 1720 from Dundee to Perth Royal Infirmary on a Monday – Friday.

There are few other minor changes Im surprised never made it. There are further changes planned for August for the North East Fife, and the talk is Stagecoach has lost the 94 ( council part)

overthewater

Established Member
Presume the new timetables aren't up yet, just details of the changes?

Yip, there still not been rubber stamped by the TC. try around the w/e 16th might be the best bet. 13th August is the next changes date, hopeful some other minor changes take place outside North East Fife.

I take it there nothing you object to :D

There also planned Angus changes for the 28th of May. Mainly for council tendered journeys including the 73B, 27, arbroath, montrose and Brechin town services etc

overthewater

Established Member
There also planned Angus changes for the 28th of May. Mainly for council tendered journeys including the 73B, 27, arbroath, montrose and Brechin town services etc

Do you know what there are? I'm surprised the council has not moved them forward by two weeks

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
In a another twist... Moffat and willisom will now operate 77b commercially, interwoven with a school contract.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Angus tenders...
30/31/51 has been won by Moffat & Williamson
73B has been won by Xplore (Monday to Thursday, Sunday)

August...
Expect major shake-ups to the Tayway services, as there's word of conductors being removed.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/servi...rticle?SituationId=ID-20/07/2017-13:51:24:788
NO BIG surprises here:
Additional journeys added at 0645 from Perth Royal Infirmary to Dundee Monday – Saturday, 0732 from Perth Royal Infirmary into Dundee and a return journey at 1720 from Dundee to Perth Royal Infirmary on a Monday – Friday.

There are few other minor changes Im surprised never made it. There are further changes planned for August for the North East Fife, and the talk is Stagecoach has lost the 94 ( council part)
You missed the 75 being retained :P - which will now be operated by Perth depot in between the peak X7 runs. Not sure where the 0645 PRI to Dundee journey will go, I can only think it'll go onto 39s but time will tell.

The 94 was won by another operator but handed it back to Stagecoach due to the complexity of the commercial/tendered journey situation.

I'm sure Aunty Joan will be processing plenty of Angus-related registrations next week...

overthewater

Established Member
Angus tenders...
30/31/51 has been won by Moffat & Williamson
73B has been won by Xplore (Monday to Thursday, Sunday)

Is that all thats changed operator? Im sure the Stagecoach runs like 20, 27 etc which are from 14th will not be changing two weeks later in connection with the Angus council contracts.

August...
Expect major shake-ups to the Tayway services, as there's word of conductors being removed.

99 are also supposed to be getting overhauled in August aswell. Along with North east fife stuff. :D

You missed the 75 being retained :P - which will now be operated by Perth depot in between the peak X7 runs. Not sure where the 0645 PRI to Dundee journey will go, I can only think it'll go onto 39s but time will tell.
Thats gone under the radar ;) Another change slotted in but never mentioned

Service 6: Crombie – Dunfermline – Oakley
On weekdays, the 0657 & 0740 Dunfermline to Oakley and 0712 & 0755 Oakley to Dunfermline journeys now run 10 minutes earlier.
Reason: To improve reliability on a following school bus journey.

The 94 was won by another operator but handed it back to Stagecoach due to the complexity of the commercial/tendered journey situation.
I believe Moffat and williamson still has it? The revised service was going to be Newburgh - Cupar with the 92 cover the St Andrews to Ballumo? If Stagecoach has somehow managed to retain it I have feeling it will move depots...

64, 66 and 94 are truly awful services and are highly wasteful, and could do a better job if there had to make some cuts.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Is that all thats changed operator? Im sure the Stagecoach runs like 20, 27 etc which are from 14th will not be changing two weeks later in connection with the Angus council contracts.
I'd assume not, it's only what I've heard so far.
99 are also supposed to be getting overhauled in August aswell. Along with North east fife stuff. :D
Yes, I read that on Facebook - St Andrews are due 14(?) new E200MMCs this year for an increased 99 PVR.
64, 66 and 94 are truly awful services and are highly wasteful, and could do a better job if there had to make some cuts.
Moffat's won the 64, which I Heard was to be combined with the 66? unconfirmed, however. The 41 has also been awarded to M&W

overthewater

Established Member
I believe so, St Andrews are due 14 new E200MMC.

M&W really are trying to grab everything now, of course you have to wonder if school day variations will come back now? It was madness how Fife council spilt the school service up from the 64, that must cost alot more money. You could get away with combine 66 and 64 but then your'll have the 66a on saturday to day with, plus the 67s. So going to confuse people with Daytime stagecoach n041 and M&W 41Bs.

53? who got that? what revised number will it be?

So the end results is as follows:

* 41B M&W
* 64: M&W
* 66/67 ?
* 92: M&W
* 94: Stagecoach

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Oh, Xplore did win the 77 evening journeys but handed the tender back. - Do Fife specify that change must be given on their tendered services?

Not a clue about the 53. The new Tayport to Cupar service 70 is yet to be awarded.

Is the 66/67 used substantially to remain a service in its own right? Could it be converted to taxibus?

overthewater

Established Member
Oh, Xplore did win the 77 evening journeys but handed the tender back. - Do Fife specify that change must be given on their tendered services?
I believe so.

Not a clue about the 53. The new Tayport to Cupar service 70 is yet to be awarded.
Tech the new 70 should be Dundee - Taport - Cupar. so it can complement the 42, If stagecoach wins it it could put back to 42A?

Is the 66/67 used substantially to remain a service in its own right? Could it be converted to taxibus?

Meh, 67 could be a taxibus the 66 cover most of the 36 and 66 expert for Gateside and rural back village with no one or Burnside. 66A on Saturdays I believe are used. If the 64 went down to Gateside it would add 10mins.