• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Big Ralphie

Aberhill have started receiving ex national express Caetano Levantes for the extra X58/X60s. What are Glenrothes getting? Extra E300s for the X54? Are the coaches released by the X54 enough to cover the extra Edinburgh every hour?
I suppose it will depend how many extra buses are moved into fife to cope with new proposed timetables do we have a figure of how many? You we think they would factor in broken and routine maintenance into there thinking but time will tell.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
Yes the six coaches from X54 are enough to operate the the new X61. While those 7 new coaches are enough to operate the X58 and X60 changes. Dunfermline has spare B8s so the 3 spare can do X57s.

Remember further changes are planned for August.

Big Ralphie

Am I right in thinking that August changes are mostly going to be fife council tenders for east fife and west fife which will probably be made the week the schools return after summer holidays?

overthewater

Established Member
East already been done. Alas its supose to only be council changes but from what ive heard and seen a few others bit n bobs could also be changingon 17th Aug.

Ballingry to kirkcaldy could still be on the cards.

Big Ralphie

Halbeath park and ride full to capacity today so don't no if there is any plans to increase capacity to cope with the proposels to increase buses using it from 29th of july and peak holiday time if there is no where to leave your car!

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
Maybe the changes on the 29th are to convince more people to use the coaches from Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes and Cowdenbeath instead of driving down?

Big Ralphie

Maybe the changes on the 29th are to convince more people to use the coaches from Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes and Cowdenbeath instead of driving down?
Yeh I think this is definitely stagecoach hope that more people will get out of the car and instead take the choice of more buses into the city i no they have been planning this changes for a while so time will tell if there commercial department have got this right.

overthewater

Established Member
Tomorrow is the last day to get the ideas, but will anything really change? Some of the Very early morning journeys on the 24 unless the plan is to make passengers change over at Halbeath? I wonder if passengers from Beaufort drive will get at journeys to replace the X9. I think the council might make some changes to its 41B to help plug the gaps.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Have any of Scania Omnicity's that came from London been refurbished yet? Things have seemed to go quiet on them over the last couple of months.

Big Ralphie

I heard there was a big response to the consultation for the changes on the 29th July never sure how much of it will be taken on board would think the changes will be put to the traffic commissioner soon for final confirmation.

overthewater

Established Member
Nothing wrong with a big response, Head office always like its when that happens. Means a good proportion have talked to the company. One just hopes its not crazy idea people. I think we'll see other changes happen mostly likley in August.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Does anyone know if Perth's 19366, 19367 and 19368 have all had their kickdown disabled? For a few months now they've been woeful pulling away and don't seem to have any grunt in them at all now.

19368 recently had a new engine fitted last year and that seems to be the worst of the three.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Does anyone know if Perth's 19366, 19367 and 19368 have all had their kickdown disabled? For a few months now they've been woeful pulling away and don't seem to have any grunt in them at all now.

19368 recently had a new engine fitted last year and that seems to be the worst of the three.

If our 193xx's are anything to go by kickdown would make little difference. They're woefully slow with and without it. Funnily enough 19373 caught fire not long ago.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
If our 193xx's are anything to go by kickdown would make little difference. They're woefully slow with and without it. Funnily enough 19373 caught fire not long ago.

The funny thing is, they used to be good! 19368 even had a warning in the drivers cab warning drivers to 'Drive Carefully as New Engine fitted.'

Even the 06 Tridents are in better nick them the 193xx lot Perth have.

Big Ralphie

That was some of the changes for the 29th July registered with the traffic commissioner today looks like the rest will be registered next week then no doubt the other changes in August will be published next month including the new tender work in the East of fife.

overthewater

Established Member
I think its tell which routes have been sorted first. So 6A, X52, 56, X58 and X60 must have had very little comments made on them. It will be interesting to see if 8, X24-6-7, 42, X54, X55, X59-61 and 747 had alot of comments. I would be wary about August changes since certain tenders may in fact be radical to what was put out in the first place.

overthewater

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if any minor change did make it in. Company has said it expected to make some changes.

overthewater

Established Member
X55, X56, 77b and Angus 59 have gone though but still no sign of main express work. However something new has turned up.

PM0000004/708 Registered
FIFE SCOTTISH OMNIBUSES LTD
Route: Newburgh to St Andrews
Service number: F094X (94X)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 29 Jul 2019

Big Ralphie

Looks like most of the proposed changes in july have now been confirmed with the TC so hopefully timetables will be follow in the next week or 2 was interesting to see a 94x and a 55A those where not in original plans so be interested in final timetables.

overthewater

Established Member
I doubt believe the No8 has been submitted? It's possible it could be held back to the August changes?

Big Ralphie

Yeh that's possible any idea what this 55A service is i am sure that used to run stopping at ever stop in Edinburgh if I remember correctly unless it's a evening service?

overthewater

Established Member
It could well be the evening service? It could be cast of from the old 55a short runs which went to the Forth tolls? Its anyone's guess.

Big Ralphie

Looks like it went through with the n55 so evening service looks likely just remembered it was just a 55 without the letter A that stopped all stops in the city.

Big Ralphie

Looks like 3 weeks before 29th July changes till confirmed timetables will be available and unsure when booklets will be in travel shops hopefully details of August changes will be made public in next week or to anyone hearing what August changes might be?

overthewater

Established Member
Don't you mean 4 ;) I would say tomorrow or next friday wil the proper timetables will come out for the July changes. As for the August changes, meetings are still on going, and it could go down to the end of July.