• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Perth's 19545 has broke down catastrophically and has been sitting in Crieff for well over an hour.

Must be a bad one seeing as there's two mechanics and someone from Traffic out here.

Edit - Make that 3 buses all sitting in Crieff not moving. Two E300s one for Perth and one for Comrie aren't moving either.

Big Ralphie

Anyone hearing that stagecoach going down to a Saturday or Sunday service from Monday because of the coravirus? Looks like schools will be shut from Friday till August so big loss on school contracts as well.

lastbus

Anyone hearing that stagecoach going down to a Saturday or Sunday service from Monday because of the coravirus? Looks like schools will be shut from Friday till August so big loss on school contracts as well.
Surely they will still have to be paid for school contracts?

Big Ralphie

Not sure what contract will say as nothing like this has happened for such a long time many buses are running empty as people being told to stay of public transport especially those most at risk many who normally use buses especially during day time.

overthewater

Established Member
Most of the buses are carrying people its just not carrying much. Two park and rides are still busy at peak, well its half full Its. EDIT: Scottish and welsh schools are closing on Friday.

Its most likely cuts will come in next week..

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It won't be a standard Saturday or Sunday service. It'll likely be a Sunday service on routes that operate on Sundays but with extra runs in the morning, key routes that don't run on Sundays will likely also still run i'd think.

overthewater

Established Member
It won't be a standard Saturday or Sunday service. It'll likely be a Sunday service on routes that operate on Sundays but with extra runs in the morning, key routes that don't run on Sundays will likely also still run i'd think.

I think it will be somewhere in the middle depending on the route. Ah for the days of special timetables.

Doesn't appear to be any coaches on all the Express services today, maybe it is to do with the social distancing. All mostly single and double deckers

Stagecoach tend to only buy 6 cylinder examples on the longer wheelbase.
Was only making this point because they are ADLs readily available stock with most being the 4 cylinder Allison models, 1 passed me today on the X51 when I was turning into Buchanan Bus Station.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Was only making this point because they are ADLs readily available stock with most being the 4 cylinder Allison models, 1 passed me today on the X51 when I was turning into Buchanan Bus Station.

Fair enough. Although much of the readily available stock tends to be the shorter 8.9M and 10.8M models rather than the full size 11.5M/11.8M variant.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
If the proposed retendering of Fife bus services goes ahead in August 2020, then Stagecoach will lose the B1, 108, 33B and 66/67 (which I make to be a PVR of just 1 [the B1], as the others work around schools or other services which aren't being retendered).

Publication available here.

J Burns

It has been reported that Glenrothes 54138 has transferred to Highland. Will there be a direct replacement?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It could be temp to help provide bigger coach on certain routes up there, Its doubtful Fife will need to use its full stock until Mid Aug.

I find this unlikely given that on rural routes capacity hasn't been an issue and there's already sufficient higher capacity coaches up there. 54138 if it has moved will be a permanent transfer.

overthewater

Established Member
I find this unlikely given that on rural routes capacity hasn't been an issue and there's already sufficient higher capacity coaches up there. 54138 if it has moved will be a permanent transfer.

if that is the case its rather bizarre especially since they were short of coaches even before allowing one away. Unless the "planned new coaches" are actually coming?

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
I do question if it has actually moved, as the latest East Scotland fleetcard (2020/1 P1) doesn't record this movement. The Highland one does, but has a comment saying "Still to FACT transfer", whatever that means.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I do question if it has actually moved, as the latest East Scotland fleetcard (2020/1 P1) doesn't record this movement. The Highland one does, but has a comment saying "Still to FACT transfer", whatever that means.

Agreed, i don't think it has actually moved nor will it either, it makes no sense at all.

overthewater

Established Member
It seem A proper link between Falkirk Town Central and Fife will reappear on Monday. It's not the no8 but instead No28 is coming back but on 2 hourly freq.

25 Jun 2020
As we follow the Scottish Government's route map for COVID-19, the bus services we provide across East Scotland will begin to increase.

We're pleased to announce that from Monday 29th June, we'll be further increasing our services, however we'll also be reducing the number of seats available on board our buses, to allow for easier social distancing. Each bus will now have a reduced maximum capacity, and we'll add coloured stickers onboard so you know where to sit and where to leave empty.
As we have fewer seats available, the capacity of our buses will be reduced meaning you may seen a "bus full" sign on the bus the wish to board and be unable to board. If you see this, please wait at your stop for the next available service.

Remember - it's now mandatory to wear a face covering when travelling with us. Exceptions do apply and more information can be found on our FAQ page.

Below you'll find our special timetables, valid from Monday 29th June until further notice, across Fife, Perth & Kinross, Dundee and Angus.

From Monday 6th July, we're also re-introducing Fife service 28 and making minor changes to Fife services 39C and 44, Perth service 23 and Express services X27 and X55.

Remember to check this page before your journey as updates may be made from time-to-time as the situation we are currently experiencing develops.

Please be assured that the well-established and rigorous cleaning regimes on board our buses will remain in place at all times, and that contactless payment is available on all our vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fifescottish

Any word on when 54501 will be back? I think it was in an accident in January but still doesn't seem to have returned?

Have a lot of the Versas at Dunfermline moved to Glenrothes?

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Any word on when 54501 will be back? I think it was in an accident in January but still doesn't seem to have returned?
25210/1/2 have moved from Dunfermline to Glenrothes. 25265/6/7 have moved from Glenrothes to Cumbria.

36420/1/3 have replaced the above Versas at Dunfermline.

In other news, Arbroath's 47259 and Dunfermline's 26014 are the latest East Scotland vehicles to receive the Stagecoach Local 2020 livery.