• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On another thread it was stated these loaned Geminis will be used on First Scotland East school work due to a high Covid infection rate at Larbert
Stagecoach West Scotland buses have been drafted in on loan for the First contracts as well

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
When referring to an external source, please provide a link to the relevant information. For Facebook and Twitter sources, the link can be obtained from the timestamp. Please also include a quote from your source by copying and pasting the relevant text into your post.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
I saw on Flickr, I can't find the pic now of a Stagecoach Bluebird Elite operating the M8 and I've seen M8 in Perth Broxden now, does the route no longer stop at Perth Bus Station?
M8 stops at Broxden and Perth city centre, and has done for a few years since the 6-cities network was launched

route101

Established Member
Seen a panther yesterday, possibly Stagecoach East. I noticed the suspension was jacked up, looked odd. Why is that? Looked like a 4 x 4.

Seen a panther yesterday, possibly Stagecoach East. I noticed the suspension was jacked up, looked odd. Why is that? Looked like a 4 x 4.
Sounds like the driver had his ferry lift up. If that was the case he would only be able to drive at 20kph. If not that then could be a burst levelling valve.

route101

Established Member
This was on the M8! Its something I've noticed before on some First Geminis.

aswilliamsuk

Where are the East Scotland ones destined for? Fife as usual I'm guessing?
They've entered service on the 7 at Fife as far as pictures on Flickr have shown.

Don't Fife Council have an age limit on vehicles on school bus/contract work? That would rather explain the steady investment and cascades there.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Where are the East Scotland ones destined for? Fife as usual I'm guessing?
Aberhill

Perth have, however, received 11185 and 11186 which are planned for use on the 15/15A

Don't Fife Council have an age limit on vehicles on school bus/contract work? That would rather explain the steady investment and cascades there.
15 years on East Fife contracts, 18 years on West Fife contracts, but no requirement for seatbelts on either. Not sure about Central Fife.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Didn't Blairgowrie get 11185 from Fife quite recently?
Blairgowrie had 11186 momentarily (covering for something else I'd assume) but moved to Perth last week. Not sure what they're replacing at Perth mind, although would make sense to send 13113 back to Arbroath as they've still not got anything in lieu of 27550 which suffered a thermal incident just before Christmas

Volvodart

Established Member

Over £40 million for zero emission buses​

https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/over-40-million-for-zero-emission-buses/

BYD ADL Enviro200EV - a model of electric bus from ADL which will be ordered through SULEBS

The Scottish Government has awarded £40.5 million through a second round of the Scottish Ultra-Low Emission Bus Scheme (SULEBS).
This is the largest investment yet through the SULEBS programme, and will support operators in replacing 215 old diesel buses with new battery-electric models. This is a substantial increase on the 57 buses supported through the first round and to help meet demand, the intended budget for this second round has been increased by £15 million.
With 172 of the buses to be built in Falkirk, this investment supports skilled, green manufacturing jobs in Scotland, as well as reducing transport emissions.
The Scottish Government has also published a new information and ideas pack which shows how the bus and finance sectors are innovating to speed up the transition to net-zero. This is the first report from The Bus Decarbonisation Taskforce, which brings together senior leaders from the energy, bus and finance sectors to co-design a pathway to a fully decarbonised bus fleet. The information pack identifies new routes for financing green buses that can build on government support and bring about faster fleet transformation.
Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity Michael Matheson said:
“The Scottish Ultra-Low Emission Bus Scheme continues to help drive a green recovery, responding to the global climate emergency and improving air quality.
“Ensuring a just and fair transition to a net-zero economy is a truly national endeavour and I’m delighted that the Scottish Government’s investment is matched by private investment from bus operators and the finance sector. 172 of these new buses will be manufactured in Falkirk – benefitting the Scottish bus industry and wider supply chain.
“More journeys are made by bus compared to any other public transport mode and a vibrant bus industry can provide the solutions to complex challenges in our society. By helping operators to invest in a greener fleet we can support our green recovery – and keep more people moving with fewer carbon emissions and better air quality as a result.
“Our bus decarbonisation work, both through SULEBS and the Taskforce, is part of a wider package of support for our bus industry – including long-term funding of over £500 million for bus priority infrastructure. We’re also providing support of up to £191.3 to help maintain essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and help keep Scotland moving.”
Paul Davies, Alexander Dennis President & Managing Director said: “The Scottish Government deserves huge credit for leading by example to support bus operator’s commitment to invest in cleaner, greener buses and we are delighted that bids for 172 of our electric buses have been successful.
“These zero emission buses will be built at our factory in Falkirk and therefore ensure this Scottish Government investment is made domestically, allowing the benefits to be felt across our communities whilst helping to underpin skilled jobs. We very much look forward to working with the successful operators to finalise terms and get these vehicles into service at pace.”
Paul White, Director at CPT Scotland said: “This announcement highlights the commitment of Scotland’s bus sector to decarbonisation. The £40.5m awarded by Government will be met with investment of over £80m from bus companies to fund these 215 vehicles.
“CPT will continue to work with Scottish Government to create an operating environment that prioritises sustainable and active travel, frees buses from congestion and maximises the benefits of this investment.”
Dave Moxham – Deputy General Secretary for the STUC and member of the Just Transition Commission said: “I am delighted to see that all of the ADL buses will be manufactured in Falkirk. This is positive news for the workers who through their union have been working hard to achieve this.
“There is no doubt that we need to build on our existing domestic manufacture if we are to ensure that Scotland can be at the forefront of a net-zero industrial
revolution.
“This announcement is an example of the kind of interventions we need if we are to embark on a real green recovery.”

Stagecoach East - for use in Perth on bus routes 1 and 2​

Bid: 9 single deck ADL buses and infrastructure
Total funding awarded to date: £1,390,572

Last edited:

Azzy49

A few of Stagecoach Arbroaths Enviro 400mmc are on loan to Perth, commonly seen on the route 15 to Crieff. Any idea on how long they'll be on loan for?

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
A few of Stagecoach Arbroaths Enviro 400mmc are on loan to Perth, commonly seen on the route 15 to Crieff. Any idea on how long they'll be on loan for?

Perth have 11185 and 11186 permanently now.

Perth also has 13113 which has ventured off its usual school routes recently as well.

Azzy49

Ah right, so the few Enviro 400mmc the few that transferred to I believe Blairgowrie for the Route 57/59... since since could maybe be used as spares. Would they replace Buses like 13113? Are Xplore Dundee still doing the 57A? I know they still do 73A.

Last edited by a moderator:

cnjb8

Established Member
Ah right, so the few Enviro 400mmc the few that transferred to I believe Blairgowrie for the Route 57/59... since since could maybe be used as spares. Would they replace Buses like 13113? Are Xplore Dundee still doing the 57A? I know they still do 73A.
Isn't 13113 on loan to Perth?
Also there is a separate thread for Xplore Dundee.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Isn't 13113 on loan to Perth?
Also there is a separate thread for Xplore Dundee.

13113 is a permanent Perth vehicle as well.

It's normally only used on school routes due to drivers not being trained however it's been stretching it's legs on the 15/A quite recently.

route101

Established Member
I was looking at the Stagecoach fares. £9 for a East Scotland Dayrider on the app, I'm sire it more expensive than that!

route101

Established Member
No that's correct. It's been £9 since March 7th - it (indirectly) replaced the Fife and Tayside zones

I see, so them tickets that were cheaper than the East Scotland Dayrider are no longer. Glasgow/Edinburgh to Aberdeen is possible on this ticket!

overthewater

Established Member
I see, so them tickets that were cheaper than the East Scotland Dayrider are no longer. Glasgow/Edinburgh to Aberdeen is possible on this ticket!

To be Fair some of those So called "Cheaper tickets" cost more than this £9 new ticket. So its swings and roundabouts.

route101

Established Member
Returns are generally not available anymore, just day returns where there is comparable rail journeys to compete with.

Single fares should be capped at £9. If they're not then that's a bit silly!
So the driver will issue a day rider?