• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Group (Group-wide matters)

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The way things are going the Bluebird changes are going to be just as rushed. They're going to be on the 7th of May and we still don't really know the details.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wirewiper

Found these on flickr, heard elsewhere they are for the Coastliner 700, and probably the start of the 2018/19 order?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45168281@N05/39470358560/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45168281@N05/40383420265/in/photostream/
Anyone know anything about the seats? They don't seem to be the usual type.

The seats look similar to those on some of the recent deliveries to Stagecoach South West, notably the Scania N250UD/ADL Enviro400 MMC for Torbay route 12 last November. They are e-leather.

Charlie M.

The seats look similar to those on some of the recent deliveries to Stagecoach South West, notably the Scania N250UD/ADL Enviro400 MMC for Torbay route 12 last November. They are e-leather.

No, they are wider and more coach style. They don’t look nice but i’d expect them to feel nice.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I wouldn't expect them to feel nice. I'd be surprised if they actually are E-leather, certainly all recent deliveries here have just had cheap plastic vinyl! (As is standard on Stagecoach orders now)

johnw

I would have thought they would have ordered Scania Enviro 400s for the more arduous Coastliner route than the complete ADL versions.

Established Member

Robertj21a

On Moderation
I would have thought they would have ordered Scania Enviro 400s for the more arduous Coastliner route than the complete ADL versions.

Presumably because the Coastliner has been broken down in to 3 sections nowadays.

goldisgood

Presumably because the Coastliner has been broken down in to 3 sections nowadays.
And most of the route doesn't need the slightly faster (I believe?) Scania chassis any more? The Brighton section seems fairly undemanding, as does the Chichester section. The Portsmouth section may be better with a more upgraded chassis though.

overthewater

Established Member
Does anyone not remember the super fast 800 Coastliner for many moons ago? its never picked anyone up and the coaches then ended up in East scotland...

Jordan Adam

Established Member
To be fair you'd probably find the ZF Ecolife propelled Enviro400s (ADL chassis) are better off than the Scanias. It's a shame Stagecoach only buy theirs with Voith.

Mwanesh

I wouldn't expect them to feel nice. I'd be surprised if they actually are E-leather, certainly all recent deliveries here have just had cheap plastic vinyl! (As is standard on Stagecoach orders now)
From 2016 they have been buying e leather seated buses as the group standard.Its not plastic.

Volvodart

Established Member
Another of the sudden MD departures:-

http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2018/2018-04-19.aspx

STAGECOACH WEST SCOTLAND MANAGING DIRECTOR MOVES ON
19 Apr 2018

Stagecoach announced today (19 April 2018) that Tom Bridge, Managing Director of Stagecoach West Scotland, is leaving the company after 19 years with the business.

Tom, who joined Stagecoach’s highly respected graduate training programme in 1999, stepped down today.

He has held several operational management roles with the company during his early Stagecoach career, having worked for Stagecoach in Newcastle, Oxford, Hastings, Canterbury and Herne Bay before being appointed Operations Director of Stagecoach South in August 2010. In 2014 he was appointed Managing Director, Stagecoach West Scotland.

Robert Andrew, Managing Director, Stagecoach UK Bus - Scotland, said: “Tom has made a valuable contribution over almost two decades with Stagecoach, across many parts of the business. In the west of Scotland in particular, he has helped deliver significant improvements for the millions of people each year who rely on our bus services.

"We are grateful for his efforts over the years and we wish him well in the next stage of his career.”

Tom Bridge said: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Stagecoach and have been lucky to work with fantastic teams of people over the years. I would like to wish my colleagues across the business all the best for the future as I look forward to new challenges.”

Stagecoach West Scotland operates around 400 buses and coaches across Glasgow, Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway and employs around 1,000 people across.

The company's buses cover 22 million network miles each year, and carry more than 28million passengers.

Stagecoach has started a recruitment process for a new Managing Director of its West Scotland business. In the interim, the business will be overseen by Sam Greer, UK Bus Engineering Director.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It's a real shame they've not been more inventive with the branding. Just the current branding copy + pasted on!

alex397

Established Member
It's a real shame they've not been more inventive with the branding. Just the current branding copy + pasted on!

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

I think the branding looks really modern and stylish - why change it?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

I agree. Though I wish Stagey wouldn't use the light blue and orange fake-leather seats. They look horribly tacky. Leather only works in black, beige, grey or rich, deep colours, not bright or intense ones.

alex397

Established Member
I agree. Though I wish Stagey wouldn't use the light blue and orange fake-leather seats. They look horribly tacky. Leather only works in black, beige, grey or rich, deep colours, not bright or intense ones.

Definitely agree. I've never really liked the bright orange and bright blue Stagecoach interiors (its a bus, not a children's nursery!) - it looks even worse with the blue/orange e leather seats.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Because updating the branding attracts the public's attention. Admittedly this doesn't beat the laziness of Stagecoach North Scotlands Inverurie Connect re-brand in 2014 but still more of an effort could have been made.

Stagecoach interiors are designed to look like a Chavs wardrobe.... enough said!

Observer

To be fair a lot of people would want to do that, especially with the recipe change. Hard to find the older stuff anywhere now, but anyway...

johnw

There has been a few examples over the years with when Best Impressions were given the exterior livery but (according to them) were not allowed to design the interior and the operating company had to use Stagecoach standard. x5, falcon etc...

goldisgood

Steven Knight Media reports in the latest Fleet News Ramblings for Stagecoach East Midlands "The company has confirmed to Steven Knight Media that it is due to receive new ADL Enviro 400MMCs in the next few months which will be allocated to Mansfield depot for use on the Pronto services."
This makes Enviro 200 MMCs for St Andrews (99/99A/99B/99C/99D), Plaxton coaches (can't remember which) for Dunfermline X51, Scania Enviro 400 MMCs for Swindon 66 and, I believe through rumours but only seen in a few places some sort of Enviro 400 MMC for Witney routes S1 and S2, alongside these. Anyone else heard any other vehicles on the order?

overthewater

Established Member
The plaxton coaches are the B8 Low floor coaches from last years order and the actually main purpose is for route X55 D/line to Edinburgh but a few will be used on the X51 to Livingston. I hope you can stand on those coaches! Thus there shouldn't be included in this years fleet.. ;)

Last edited:

Surreyman

Steven Knight Media reports in the latest Fleet News Ramblings for Stagecoach East Midlands "The company has confirmed to Steven Knight Media that it is due to receive new ADL Enviro 400MMCs in the next few months which will be allocated to Mansfield depot for use on the Pronto services."
This makes Enviro 200 MMCs for St Andrews (99/99A/99B/99C/99D), Plaxton coaches (can't remember which) for Dunfermline X51, Scania Enviro 400 MMCs for Swindon 66 and, I believe through rumours but only seen in a few places some sort of Enviro 400 MMC for Witney routes S1 and S2, alongside these. Anyone else heard any other vehicles on the order?
Steven Knight Media is reporting Enviro 400MMCs due for 'Pronto' route out of Mansfield, don't know how many but the current pvr is 10 single deck (12M)Would fall into line with the Nottingham LEZ.

Surreyman

Steven Knight Media is reporting Enviro 400MMCs due for 'Pronto' route out of Mansfield, don't know how many but the current pvr is 10 single deck (12M)Would fall into line with the Nottingham LEZ.
Sorry, nearly forgot, 30 E400MMC for Coastliner 700 at Worthing, some of these have been delivered and photographed.

Andyh82

Established Member
Double Decks on the Pronto? I wonder if Trent Barton will match it on their part?!