Stagecoach Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by overthewater, 20 Mar 2017.

1. overthewater

overthewater Established Member

It seem a number of service changes are planned to take place on 3 April, ( two weeks today) Scunthorpe, hull and Grimsby

Whats the trouble will it seem especial with Scunthorpe, talks are still on going with the council about the changes

As its stands the changes are as follows:

* 31/32 - Revised timetable- still every 20mins
    * 33/34 - Scunthorpe Bus Station - Westcliff only. Revised timetable- every 20mins other areas no longer served.
    * 11, 37, 38, revised timetable- still hour
    * 10 Withdrawn

The clock is ticking and time is running out, Will there be able to sort something out before the changes happen? Is anyone from the local area?

2. 175mph

175mph Member

I'm from Scunthorpe and find the number 10 withdrawal and 33/34 rather worrying. :(

3. overthewater

There still talking to the council about replacements and there suppose to be changing a week on monday .

4. overthewater

Looks like the council has stepped in and paid for one bus, while the 31/32 will no longer change:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/servi...rticle?SituationId=ID-27/03/2017-09:49:35:279

5. 175mph

175mph Member

What I don't get is why the numbers have to be so high up in the first place, for example why can't 31 and 32 be simply 1 and 2 etc?

But it's great to see Westcliff and Manor Farm Road still linked to Lakeside even with the loss of the number 10.

And great too to see High/Low Leys Road linked with Lakeside for the first time in a long time, (I was told it hasn't been since the 1970s). Although I would have renumbered this revised 34 to number 10 if at all possible.

And as for Healey Road no longer having a service it's in contrast to when back in around 1994 I lived just off that road, and we had an every 15 minutes service.

6. 83G/84D

83G/84D Established Member

Not too far from goongumpas treacle mine!
    Several of the ex Cambridge park & ride transfers are now in service here, I saw at least three on Friday.

7. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Established Member

Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
    Having done their stint at the Gold Cup Shuttle in Cheltenham?

A question for someone local.... Was in Newark and tried to hunt down the Stagecoach depot which is an outstation of Lincoln. Do they park up at Travel Wright and no vehicles were visible, or is it elsewhere and I missed the place?

8. 83G/84D

No the one's I saw were in standard Stagecoach colours, I assume recently converted from park & ride dual door configuration.

9. overthewater

Google says this is the outstation. Brunel Business Park, Jessop Close, Northern Road Industrial Estate, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2AG,

10. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Established Member

Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
    That's the same address as Travel Wright whose depot I did find :) I was wondering if Stagecoach are a tenant there or have they other premises that I didn't find ;)

11. ashworth

ashworth Established Member

I hadn't realised until recently just how sparse some of the bus services are to/from Newark with virtually no evening or Sunday services on most routes. I've become quite used to this in many quite sizeable market towns around the country when I've been on holiday, but I didn't realise that it was the same in Newark.

I found this out when I was trying to get a bus from Newark to Lincoln, only to find that there is no regular service. I was expecting a bus at least hourly. I suppose crossing a county boundary doesn't help. I know that there is a regular train service but I did expect a few more buses than there actually are.

12. overthewater

Hopeful someone can answers this.

Stagecoach DID try an hourly service between Lincoln and Newark, part of the No3 service but it been gone now for five years? there was a No87 I cant remember who run that.

Now its left to the 46 and 47.
    http://www.pccoaches.co.uk/timetables/service/47-lincoln-newark
    https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s...idlands/Lincoln/EMID-TT-Lincoln-046-Aug16.pdf

13. mbonwick

mbonwick Established Member

The ex-Cambridge P&R E400s currently in service with Lincoln have not been to Cheltenham; they went to Bus & Coach World, Blackburn for single door conversion in late January.

Those that did do race shuttles should now be heading for B&CW.

14. 83G/84D

I saw something similar posted elsewhere, thanks for confirming that.

Here is 19305 leaving Lincoln bus station on Friday last week.

Attached Files:

15. mph1977

mph1977 Member

Lincoln isn't much better for evening and weekend services

I have a feeling however that the bus between Lincoln and Newark isn;t stagecoach ( PC Coaches 47 four journies each direction in the day time ) and of course the Stagecoach EMT rail service.

I also suspect that the traditional shopping flows from Newark are to Nottingham rather than Lincoln and employment wise the early morning and late night services needed by the Newark/ A1 based employers have never operated.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2017
  16. overthewater

17. asb

asb Member

Yes, they park at Travel Wright's depot

18. overthewater

More changes have gone though including what was suggested in the first place, on 11, 31/32, 37/38

It seems most Daytime 31/ 32 run thought onto the 6 meaning passengers can now travel to and from the Hospital.

19. 83G/84D

I am in Grimsby for a couple of days.Today I was surprised to see two Volvo B7TL partial open tops out on normal services.They don't normally go out on weekdays until later in the month. A Olympian open top was hiding in the bus depot.

20. Boothby97

Boothby97 Established Member

We had it for a couple of days last week (Thursday and Friday), apparently we were that short of vehicles that they had to be used on normal services!
    Was certainly surprised to see it happen and was one of the few to get a photo of one them out on a normal service :D https://www.flickr.com/photos/sboothby/33611425044/in/dateposted/

The open top Olympian is 16314, which until last year was used as a spare vehicle for the Skegness open top operation, however DDA restricts its use and is therefore parked up in Grimsby depot.

21. 83G/84D

Thanks for the Olympian ID, I managed a ride on one of the open tops before they were put away again.

22. overthewater

There is a Scunthorpe bus review taking place: https://www.research.net/r/nlcbus

Also this has gone under the rador.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/east-midlands/2017/august/lincoln-consultation-week

Last edited: 3 Oct 2017
  23. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

If I may ask a question; I'm shortly intending to use the InterConnect 6 service from Skegness to Lincoln on a Sunday and change to a train at Lincoln Central

I will only have 15 minutes to get from the temporary bus station to Central so what would be the quickest walking route? I'm aware of the way over High Street crossing but the google map suggests there's another way over a footbridge.

Which would be best please?

24. woodhouse122

woodhouse122 Member

You can walk though the car park next to the temporary bus station to the footbridge then you'll be at the train station,takes about 5 minuites (good views from that bridge of the station,took a good few pics from there ;) )

25. 83G/84D

Wasn't the "old" Lincoln bus station a wonderful place to visit!! :lol:

26. woodhouse122

woodhouse122 Member

it was dingy horrid place ;) (the new bus station is not far off being finished and looks decent)