• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Mk2s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold

Remember these?:
StagecoachRail_preview.jpg

Another re-skin of mine coming soon to MSTS! :)
Not totally accurate, but I tried my best.

Enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Nice skin, always good to see something a bit different
Am i right in thinking these are West Coast beasties from the late 80s/early 90s?

Coxster

Established Member
Nice skin, always good to see something a bit different
Am i right in thinking these are West Coast beasties from the late 80s/early 90s?
Certainly West Coast, yes. I believe they were the early 90s although I'm sure Harold can confirm/deny that.

Harold

Certainly West Coast, yes. I believe they were the early 90s although I'm sure Harold can confirm/deny that.

Basically, you're both right, I didn't actually see these myself, so the only resource I had was a video called "British Rail today" and quite an interesting video it is as it talks about how Britains Railways changed after the privatisation occurred, but yes these were used on the WCML around the 80s and 90s era, very soon after the Railway Privatisation when Stagecoach partly owned services on the WCML.

Real life phots below:

101_0560.jpg

101_0562.jpg

Also, '87015', looking at your photos, noticed you went to Nene Valley Railway Diesel gala :). A great day wasn't it, 56057 - MY LORDZ!!!!!

Harold

I thought it was made up!

Nope, they were most certanly real, they didn't last long though. I'm un-aware of the coach numbers for these 2, but I think they went to scrap, but most probably re-painted into Inter-city.

Status
Not open for further replies.