• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainebj

Established Member
Where are they going? I know 20545 and 20795 are ex ME buses and i think 20994 is a N/C bodied B10M.

20994 is a Paladin bodied B10M (badged as Plaxton rather than NC with it being after the takeover).
They should be at Morecambe for Olympics cover.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dallamlad

Established Member
Lancaster University Underpass is to re-open on Monday 2nd July. Timetables will be shown on TV screens in Alexander Square. Most routes will revert back to the way they per post underpass closure. The X1 will run around County College before dropping at the Underpass.

Last edited:

KendalKing

Established Member
20545, 20795 and 20994 also left Lillyhall this morning
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I wonder what them 4 Double Deckers are for then ! (3 Brand new, and one secondhand)

Certainly NOT for the X35

I believe that some of the new Scanias that were due for Morecambe, are to be diverted to Barrow for the X35's. After Stagecoach had decided to register it commercially. The three East Lancs bodied Tridents are to be sold by Cumbria CC, originally there were to go in part-ex for three brand new Double Deckers.

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co...up_fears_for_South_Lakeland_residents/?ref=mc

Unsurprisingly, the majority of comments seem to want rid of Stagecoach from Kendal - I wonder if they will still be saying that when they realise just how bad KLCH are!

KLCH will not be operating Kendal town services, as Stagecoach has registered to operate them commercially.

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
I believe that some of the new Scanias that were due for Morecambe, are to be diverted to Barrow for the X35's. After Stagecoach had decided to register it commercially. The three East Lancs bodied Tridents are to be sold by Cumbria CC, originally there were to go in part-ex for three brand new Double Deckers.

KLCH will not be operating Kendal town services, as Stagecoach has registered to operate them commercially.

At last! ;) wonder if ME will get Scand later in the year or on the next order...

Also Olympic buses have started to move, some of Manchesters new E400s are now sat at West Ham garage.

mbonwick

Established Member
Aberdeen's E300s were on the move yesterday, I saw 5 of them on the M6 around J20 IIRC.

14196 was stretching its legs on 755 yesterday as well!

jonesy3001

Established Member
Morecambes E400s will be going next week,also 14245 is outstationed at morecambe.
Are morecambe still getting the rest of new scania's or have they been diverted to barrow?

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
Morecambes E400s will be going next week,also 14245 is outstationed at morecambe.
Are morecambe still getting the rest of new scania's or have they been diverted to barrow?

Word on the street is that the 3 Scans that Morecambe are due are now going to Barrow for the X35 in a last minute change. As far as I know ME will still take delivery of the 2 that were sat at Leyland a few days ago. In my mind it would make more sense for ME to take one for the 40/41 and for BA to get 4 then upgrade the 42 at a later date. I'm sure all I'll become clear soon.

stagecoachuk

Word on the street is that the 3 Scans that Morecambe are due are now going to Barrow for the X35 in a last minute change. As far as I know ME will still take delivery of the 2 that were sat at Leyland a few days ago. In my mind it would make more sense for ME to take one for the 40/41 and for BA to get 4 then upgrade the 42 at a later date. I'm sure all I'll become clear soon.

5 is a nice number.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
20133 at CE ready for Olympic cover.

Gez.SCNW

You shoule know better than listening to word on the street

Dallamlad

Established Member
You shoule know better than listening to word on the street

Indeed which is why I didn't mention it until somebody else did! Although now it seems all 5 due for ME are going to BA...as ever it's a case of wait and see although I'm sure you already know Gez eh? ;)

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
Is it me or does it look like the 'city hopper' branding" has been photo-shopped on in the picture...

I thought the same :lol:
Compared to pictures of them in service they are in the right position in relation to the triangles, but the font outline is very white on the press release in contrast to them in service where it is barely noticable!

Dallamlad

Established Member
Off topic but what are Reays using on the 55 Lakes Hopper?? Have the ex Dublin deckers appeared after open top conversion??

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Reays have abandoned the open tops and are just sticking with the 55 using whatever they have lying around...Dart? E200? MCV? I can't quite remember lol.

Paul Mcgill

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Reays have abandoned the open tops and are just sticking with the 55 using whatever they have lying around...Dart? E200? MCV? I can't quite remember lol.

Before my hols the main buses used was a MCV and a plaxton Profile 70 seater was on when i was selling tickets at bowness!!!

cainebj

Established Member
Certainly hasn't been "Lakes Hopper" branded buses, as advertised by Reays.
Summer timetable on 55 starts this week, with the service taking 3 buses. Not sure what the 3 will be. They're not at regular 30 minute intervals either, but run with intervals of 20 minutes then 40 minutes.

stagecoachuk

YJ60GGO (Plain White) is the regular. YJ60GFA has also had spells along with the Coach.

R104 start Tuesday too.

stagecoachuk

Certainly hasn't been "Lakes Hopper" branded buses, as advertised by Reays.
Summer timetable on 55 starts this week, with the service taking 3 buses. Not sure what the 3 will be. They're not at regular 30 minute intervals either, but run with intervals of 20 minutes then 40 minutes.

2 MCVs on the 55 today (Plus R104). They both have the new local branding along with 1 of the new Enviros (Rest to follow). Due to the extra buses in Lakes the Wigton Town Primo has been de-branded and is working out of Carlisle.

Reays deckers are still at Bus & Coach World Blackburn while he now has 6 National Holidays Coaches too.

Dallamlad

Established Member
From 22nd of July United Utilities will be carrying out essential work in Lancaster City Centre around Cable Street and the surrounding area with the following consequences:

There will be a significant impact on any traffic entering Lancaster from the Garstang direction or any merging traffic on to the ring road travelling into the city centre, traffic heading for Lune Industrial Estate, for Morecambe, Kirby Lonsdale or M6 motorway.

The main restrictions to traffic will be:

Cable Street will be reduced to one lane of vehicular traffic with advanced traffic filter in place on Bridge Lane from junction of Church Street.

NO Traffic from St Georges Quay direction will be allowed to exit Damside Street onto Cable Street throughout the duration of the work.

Vehicle traffic heading for Lune Industrial Estate will be advised to use an alternative route which unfortunately will impact on adjacent roads in the area.

Clearly there will be major delays for most bus services and the 12 and X1 will not serve the Quay.

mbonwick

Established Member
No, the PVR is currently 4 and will remain so. 1 is a spare, which will be needed given how the route has killed the Tridents.

madannie77

Is it me or does it look like the 'city hopper' branding" has been photo-shopped on in the picture...

I would suggest that the photo has been taken using flash - the registration plates certainly indicate that to me - which would have the effect of highlighting the white edging to the city hopper lettering.

[pedant]
Pity the article has the wrong start date for the City Hopper services. It was October 2010, not 2011.
[/pedant]

Status
Not open for further replies.