• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Mcgill

15721 left Kendal yesterday for Carlisle fore repaint into standerd livery for a move to barrow. 15722 will be the next one to fallow.
16103 is getting a move to Kendal tomorrow as a loan for now as 16645 has gone to barrow on loan as they have broken 2 tacho buses today not been told what.
47055 worked 800 today as 22141 was in for a service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CumbrianJosh

15721 left Kendal yesterday for Carlisle fore repaint into standerd livery for a move to barrow. 15722 will be the next one to fallow.
16103 is getting a move to Kendal tomorrow as a loan for now as 16645 has gone to barrow on loan as they have broken 2 tacho buses today not been told what.
47055 worked 800 today as 22141 was in for a service.

are 15721/2 going to Barrow for the X6(replacement for X35)?

mbonwick

Established Member
Seems a bit illogical sending 15721/2 for paint when its 15729 that's recently been debranded....

KendalKing

Established Member
not Stagecoach but I noticed on here a week or 2 ago that someone was talking about Reays taking over the Apollo 8 services on the 106 route, well the new timetable for the 106(starting in september) has appeared on the council website and interestingly Reays have only taken over the Stagecoach operated services operated from Penrith and it's actually Kirkby lonsdale coaches that have taken over Apollo 8's services.

KLCH will be using ex Arriva 2558 (MM02 ZVH) on the 106 service.
Don't know what Reays will be using.

15728 and 15729 are both unbranded so you'd think it would make more sense sending those two? I wonder if those two will be re-branded for the 555 if the other two left.

Both 15728 & 15729 have recently received rear end adverts for K village in Kendal.

Last edited:

cainebj

Established Member
Lillyhall trainer 52268 appears to have ventured onto service 48 at some point, it had a paper sign in for 48 when I saw it this afternoon. 52268 never had any ticketing facilities last time I saw it, not sure if it has had a stand and base plate fitted or not since.

CumbrianJosh

I would imagine Reays would use an MCV evolution such as was used on the lakes hopper until recently.

I wonder what will become of Apollo 8's optare versa, I've had many good rides on that bus, I hoped Kirkby lonsdale might have bought it as it hasn't been used on the route this week, apparently not

cainebj

Established Member
If they're doing it properly, they'll need to use whatever has a tacho fitted. Both operators registered the route straight through Penrith - Kendal, taking them over the 50km limit for driving under domestic rules.

CumbrianJosh

If they're doing it properly, they'll need to use whatever has a tacho fitted. Both operators registered the route straight through Penrith - Kendal, taking them over the 50km limit for driving under domestic rules.

thats a point. I'm not sure which of Reays vehicles have tachos, I just presume its something city hoppery because it's advertised as low floor.

Also I'm wondering if we should start a new forum on Reays so that we don't have to use a Stagecoach one.

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
A new forum might be an idea although a lot of the Reays stuff recently has been related to SC.

Reays could tacho a handful of their city buses if they have no already got some, not very hard to get them done.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A new thread might be an idea although a lot of the Reays stuff recently has been related to SC.

Reays could tacho a handful of their city buses if they have no already got some, not very hard to get them done.

stagecoachuk

Plenty of the Coaches would be suitable for short term until he gets something fitted up.

Both 15728 & 15729 have recently received rear end adverts for K village in Kendal.

15728/9 have both have K Village adverts for a good while now and were both de-branded the same time several months ago.
22139 in the paintshop.

cainebj

Established Member
16733 (I think). I was told a short while ago it was involved in an accident (goods vehicle went into the back of it apparently), it hasn't been noted out since. If it definitely was in an accident, it'd make more sense to replace it with an Oly being withdrawn from somewhere else rather than repairing it.
16734 is supposedly due to be withdrawn through all of the transfers coming up.

Dallamlad

Established Member
16733 (I think). I was told a short while ago it was involved in an accident (goods vehicle went into the back of it apparently), it hasn't been noted out since. If it definitely was in an accident, it'd make more sense to replace it with an Oly being withdrawn from somewhere else rather than repairing it.
16734 is supposedly due to be withdrawn through all of the transfers coming up.

That long refurb was well worth it then. Wonder where the high backs seats will end up if they scrap it. May repair and sell it of course but most N regs end up the same way...

mbonwick

Established Member
Just shows how plans change!
I don't think there's much use for the high backed seats. I suppose they could go in some of Carlisle's MANs, but really what's the point?

Similarly, the N regs can't really provide many useful parts as they're very tired, and there won't be many Cummins engined Olympians to use the parts on.

Class20

Solo 47674 decided to fail this morning out side my house, eventually towed away by a tow truck that was bigger then the bus.

Question for you all,
How many B10Ms do Chorley have in service at the moment? They keep sending one out on the 109/113 even though both routes are down for low floor working.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Just shows how plans change!
I don't think there's much use for the high backed seats. I suppose they could go in some of Carlisle's MANs, but really what's the point?

Similarly, the N regs can't really provide many useful parts as they're very tired, and there won't be many Cummins engined Olympians to use the parts on.

Not much for the high backs seats to be put into as you say unless they stick them in a Trident or send them to an other depot. Brand new seats really so shame to put them into store. I imagine ME still have loads in storage as well.

mbonwick

Established Member
Think its just the 2 B10Ms that Chorley have out. Can't see the reason myself as I don't think they've lost anything to the Paralympics....

stagecoachuk

That long refurb was well worth it then. Wonder where the high backs seats will end up if they scrap it. May repair and sell it of course but most N regs end up the same way...

It is 16714 that has just come back out after refurb, not 16733. Although 16733 was done some time ago.

17017 and 47474 out on service 60 in Carlisle today for the first time with 60 branded 34682 on the 61s.

cainebj

Established Member
Think its just the 2 B10Ms that Chorley have out. Can't see the reason myself as I don't think they've lost anything to the Paralympics....

34680 went on loan to Merseyside, not sure if anything else moved.

stagecoachuk

Reays had Olympian B5CWR on the 64 in Carlisle today but it lost 2 round trips this morning after breaking down at the Market. Old sheds that they are!

Solway View

Reays had Olympian B5CWR on the 64 in Carlisle today but it lost 2 round trips this morning after breaking down at the Market. Old sheds that they are!

Jesus like Stagecoach run the latest vehicles in Carlisle, M,L,R (i could go on) Reg vehicles. Talk about looking through blinkers. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones :D:D

robertclark125

Established Member
Not sure what your refering to, but any bus can break down. Given the fact reays seem to be on top in Carlisle (buying 11 more new buses) I'm sure people won't mind the odd failure.

mbonwick

Established Member
Just because they have new buses, doesn't mean they're on top. It's all about market share....
Plus Reays are able to order vehicles at shorter notice than Stagecoach. Reays could decided to order some more E200s tonight and be talking to ADL on Monday. With Stagecaoch there's the whole group bidding stages to go through, so delivery would be serveral months away.

I would love to know what L and M reg vehicles Stagecoach operate in Carlisle, I can't think of any...

Status
Not open for further replies.