• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertclark125

Established Member
Nor can I think of any L M or N reg vehicles either Michael. In fact, I think Stagecoach has a fairly modern single deck fleet in Carlisle, since a lot of buses were damaged in the floods a few years ago. Don't know what year it was, but someone on here will be able to say.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member

There are a few N reg Olympians left at Carlisle, but I think most are actually outstationed at Penrith?

Obviously there's then the R reg B10Ms, S reg MANs (when they make it into service) then a huge gap to the 51 reg Solos and newer.

mbonwick

Established Member
True, but the W reg darts will be gone once everything has settled down from the Olympics, so they're hardly worthy of counting.

The gap between the R regs (1997) and 51 plates (late 2001) is close to 5 years, I'd say that's pretty sizable!

Dallamlad

Established Member
Will be interesting to see if SC step up the competition. Make no mistake they could get in new stuff to compete with Reays, just have to wait and see whether it's worth it!

Last edited:

stagecoachuk

Reays buy their vehicles on finance. Their level of debt is quite large for such a small company. Make no mistake, SC could get in a load of new vehicles for Carlisle to compete with Reays. In reality they have brought in vehicles that best fit the level of competition...S and T reg MANs...what does that tell you? It tells you SC are not threatened by Reays in the same way they were by Preston Bus in Preston in 2007.

Reays have trouble deciding on vehicles and route numbers as well as timetables and quite frankly although they seem professional have some serious issues both in operational terms and in procedural terms. They are careless, lazy and in some rare circumstances corrupt in the way they run their business.

Bets on now long they can sustain their current operations. My bet? Not long, not long at all. Their private coach hires are keeping them above water.

Before anyone asks I am very much in favour of competition. Preston Bus are making SC in Preston look lazy, tatty and shabby and are running a good service. Reays are not quite there...

Buses in Carlisle might not be brand new but we have 38 05 plate Darts that are mostly still smart and nearly all of them have been refurbished. They are all very clean inside with very minimal graffiti as was indicated in the recent Route One article.

Fair enough there are still 2 W reg MPDs in service until the Olympics are over and we still have 4 Olympians in service but the Olympians are very very rarely pushed into service on main Carlisle work. With changes planned we will only have 2/3 B10Ms I would have thought and only 1 Olympian and of course the number of 51 plate Solos will go back down when the summer season ends.

All in all, quite a good low floor fleet we will have within a month.

cainebj

Established Member
18375 has returned home to Barrow after its West Cumbrian Summer Holiday.

Paul Mcgill

Today in the lakes there has been.
17012 passenger doors not working replaces by 20906 that did windermere Grasmere and back got swapped for 14259 that had screenwash leak in cab so got swapped for 20906 again and it stayed on 599s rest of the day.
14253 working 599s
20710 working both 508s
20711 on Coniston all day.
18375-18380 both been moved to Kendal in replcement for the scanias.
17221 just been dropped off at Preston by me for the weekend back on Monday.
20456 has gone to Carlisle. Not sure what for.

Dallamlad

Established Member
17012 passenger doors not working replaces by 20906 that did windermere Grasmere and back got swapped for 14259 that had screenwash leak in cab so got swapped for 20906 again and it stayed on 599s rest of the day.
14253 working 599s
20710 working both 508s

Only reason I can think of for 17221 going to PR is for something linked with Preston Guild?

robertclark125

Established Member
Buses in Carlisle might not be brand new but we have 38 05 plate Darts that are mostly still smart and nearly all of them have been refurbished. They are all very clean inside with very minimal graffiti as was indicated in the recent Route One article.

Fair enough there are still 2 W reg MPDs in service until the Olympics are over and we still have 4 Olympians in service but the Olympians are very very rarely pushed into service on main Carlisle work. With changes planned we will only have 2/3 B10Ms I would have thought and only 1 Olympian and of course the number of 51 plate Solos will go back down when the summer season ends.

All in all, quite a good low floor fleet we will have within a month.

Well if you think Reays won't sustain tehir present operations in carlisle long, pick a date that they cut back.

Noticed on here as well someone said there are still some Kxxx DAO buses running around for schools. Well, with Stagecoach Fife getting 11 new Scania/E300s, some B10M-55s up here, all R reg, will be surplus. I know it's probably unlikely, but could they end up with North West for schools?

cainebj

Established Member
Well if you think Reays won't sustain tehir present operations in carlisle long, pick a date that they cut back.

Noticed on here as well someone said there are still some Kxxx DAO buses running around for schools. Well, with Stagecoach Fife getting 11 new Scania/E300s, some B10M-55s up here, all R reg, will be surplus. I know it's probably unlikely, but could they end up with North West for schools?

Cityhopper 64, 70 and 74 were cancelled with VOSA a few weeks ago, effective end of September, no new registrations have appeared as of yet to replace them. Unsure if they've scrapped them, or if they're playing dirty cancelling them in the 56 day notice, then registering replacement services under short notice so Stagecoach can't take any action themselves before the changes start.
The other routes, 63/63A, 64A, 75 and 95 were all re-registered on a new license, interestingly VOSA shows this new license as 25 vehicles from Wigton, rather than Carlisle, not sure if that is a VOSA error or not. Saying that, VOSA search still shows the other license as only having 14 vehicles at Carlisle, when it was increased.

Highly doubtful any B10M's would transfer in to replace the K-DAO School Runner's. With the service changes starting this week they might not be needed for their capacity any more. Seems like a lot of vehicles will be moving around between now and into October too.

Paul Mcgill

distinct lack of of open top buses out today.. 16337 is on seatollers, and 15724, 16103 and 14267 all on the 599, shame on such a hot day.

Should of been 17012 witch made it as far as ings and developed a coolant leak and 17015 witch won't turn off on key so never got out of the garage. Also 18380 out on road just gone off to Keswick.

stagecoachuk

14253 working 599s
20710 working both 508s

20456 at CE for Sainsburys.

Also there should be 2 ALX300 on the road at Carlisle tommorow.

Last edited:

CumbrianJosh

Erm I drove 14267 and 16294 today but can not remember the times tho but could off been.

If id known for sure it was you I'd have come said hello but I didn't want to look like an idiot if it wasn't you haha.

I wish I'd got a ride on 14267 actually, it's the only olympian I havn't been on this summer!

Also I saw one of the 555 Scanias near Grasmere heading north NIS this morning but I didn't catch which one it was, I wondered if it was one of the ones tobe debranded and was on route to lilyhall maybe?

Last edited:

Paul Mcgill

If id known for sure it was you I'd have come said hello but I didn't want to look like an idiot if it wasn't you haha.

I wish I'd got a ride on 14267 actually, it's the only olympian I havn't been on this summer!

Also I saw one of the 555 Scanias near Grasmere heading north NIS this morning but I didn't catch which one it was, I wondered if it was one of the ones tobe debranded and was on route to lilyhall maybe?

That would of been 15724 running empty from Ings to Grasmere as 17012 failed there so catching time back I think. The driver did mention he ran toGrasmere empty.

cainebj

Established Member
16657 is out today. It was on short 302's, but was replaced for running 10 mins late. It has now replaced a Solo on Moorclose 51.

Photo

Paul Mcgill

18280 Arrived at Kendal yesterday for some touch up work before going back to council.
18324 Arrived at Kendal today from repaint and is for keeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.