• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonesy3001

Established Member
I thought it all looked a bit cluttered and haphazard. The vinyls over the lower back window are a bad idea from inside- they're actually quite airy back there compared to the older Tridents and then they go and cover it up! Why bother with the window at all- the Scanias don't have one.

So, you can go 2 Town, 2 The Uni or 2 The Web, but what about the large chunk of the district when you have to go 2 The Other Side of the River. Nice.

The company that made them messed up, they should of been see-thru.

Ado 16

I'm sure I was on a M.A.N the other day and "Stagecoach Wifi" suddenly popped up on the phone. Has it been installed all round anyway?

robertclark125

Established Member
Was the MAN an ex Stagecoach Fife example? Reason I'm asking, Fife installed theirs fleetwide in 2008. A few Volvo Olympians of M and N reg that I travelled on that year had noticed in them saying they had Wi-Fi on them.

mbonwick

Established Member
Lancaster doesn't have any ex-Fife MANs....

(Well except 22721 but that's been around since almost new)

stagecoachuk

4 Mans in service here now.

17246 should make out next week sometime having been going through MOT prep in the last week.

47005 repainted into new Solo livery.

Paul Mcgill

This week 14253, 14256, 14267 all left Kendal only 3 left now should be all gone by end of next week the plan is. Other news 15721 has entered service in Barrow in Standered livery but no 6/6X branding yet.

jonesy3001

Established Member
All ME E300s are back home, 27751/2 are back in service.
22116,18328 and 18330 have gone to lillyhall,
18361 has gone to carlisle,
18325,18326 and 18327 should be moving to kendal over the next few days but 18325 might be a while has it got towed in today after its fuel pump went belly-up,
20547 has gone into reserve with 16877.
21007,47017 and 16447 should be joining soon,
10024-31 have all had wifi stickers added and a couple have received rear-ads.

Last edited:

stagecoachuk

This week 14253, 14256, 14267 all left Kendal only 3 left now should be all gone by end of next week the plan is. Other news 15721 has entered service in Barrow in Standered livery but no 6/6X branding yet.

14245 will be leaving for Carlisle tomorrow.

CumbrianJosh

Had a ride on 20710 on the 505 today and it feels like a much newer bus and it picks up speed really well too! does anyone know how much longer 20710/11/12 will be around? I had thought they'd be gone by now but they live to fight another day it seems! :)

Also went on the 508 between Windermere and Glenridding expertly driven by Paul Mcgill :)

Gez.SCNW

Afternoon,

Due to Council restrictions, Stagecoach in Lancaster are unable to park in Market Place on Thursday. Instead we intend introduce a number of 30 minute road shows in the area, visiting a number of locations in Morecambe, Heysham and Lancaster throughout Thursday. Keep an eye out for the Connect 2 Bus.

Not so much council restrictions when I did the risk assessment the other day I noted a large tree outside Santander bank on Penny Street which is the way LCC wanted us to go and I was not repared to take a decker past it.
There are also quite a number of cables placed over the roadway where they hang the christmas lights from. Although they look high enough we decided it wa snot worth the risk.
Plan B enter down Market Street, fine until you get to New St where we encounter a No Entry sign and this is where we became stuck.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I thought it all looked a bit cluttered and haphazard. The vinyls over the lower back window are a bad idea from inside- they're actually quite airy back there compared to the older Tridents and then they go and cover it up! Why bother with the window at all- the Scanias don't have one.

The vinyls do not restrict much light at all in fact it is just like sitting on a B & H bus with the red covers over the downstairs flourescent tubes

Dallamlad

Established Member
http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/web/viewdoc.asp?id=91370

Looks like ME have gained some extra LCC work from the 29th october, i wonder if they will have the vehicles to cover for the 51,55C,5C and 5B?

Most journeys off peak, twice daily or evenings so should be able to mould it all in with the current fleet. If anything a solo or two may be brought in but with all the fleet movements and moving around I don't think it will be neccasary.

Last edited:

stagecoachuk

Many odd working at Carlisle today with brands off route but the most noteworthy is that of 20219 on service 67/68.

Gez.SCNW

Most journeys off peak, twice daily or evenings so should be able to mould it all in with the current fleet. If anything a solo or two may be brought in but with all the fleet movements and moving around I don't think it will be neccasary.

Two additional 29 seat Solos

Dallamlad

Established Member
Two additional 29 seat Solos

Aha! I love been wrong!

So just to confirm is 47017 on the way out with two additional solos coming in because Jonesy mentioned 47017 was due to be withdrawn? Any hints as to what regs the newbies will be?

mbonwick

Established Member
If they're 29 seaters they'll either have to be M920s (B33F) from outside the region or ex-Preston Bus....

Paul Mcgill

Confused.Com Can anyone from Carlisle help me I was on the 0930 79/379 this morning the bus was 24122. Why has it got notices in from South lancs and Merseyside!!

CumbrianJosh

Confused.Com Can anyone from Carlisle help me I was on the 0930 79/379 this morning the bus was 24122. Why has it got notices in from South lancs and Merseyside!!

24122 was one of the buses from Carlisle that left Carlisle when the Olympics were on, perhaps it entered service in one of those areas at the time?

also I'm quite sure I saw 16337 in Workington tonight at about 6:20 which is odd as it was in Penrith 5 hours earlier.. anyone know what that was about?

Dallamlad

Established Member

It will be one of the ones loaned to Merseyside along with a handful of darts etc.

darrenw29

24122 was one of the buses from Carlisle that left Carlisle when the Olympics were on, perhaps it entered service in one of those areas at the time?

also I'm quite sure I saw 16337 in Workington tonight at about 6:20 which is odd as it was in Penrith 5 hours earlier.. anyone know what that was about?

Its a regular on the X9 that goes to Cleator Moor and garages at LL

Status
Not open for further replies.