• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz 1

18357 on the 1600 554 Carlisle to Keswick today ran via the M6 and A66 to Keswick tonight as the A595 is closed, seen on Warwick road.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
There is, of course, a thread for Reays:

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68883

to which no-one has contributed anything since October 2012. Perhaps no-one really cares that much.

I must confess that the name of Reay is one that I remember from touring in the Caithness region and is situated on the A836 coastal road that serves that area. We stayed overnight at The Old in at Reay in the B & B accommodation run by the Murray family that we had pre-booked, as we wanted to visit Sandside Bay on that trip. Of course, the Dournreay nuclear facility has had a great affect upon that area since it was situated there.

I wonder if the owner of Reay's has historical family links to that area ?

Blindtraveler

Established Member

darrenw29

There seems to be a lack of postings of late. Has something happened that has not been mentioned? Has always been an ineresting source of info to myself.

mbonwick

Established Member
Not particularly, however main members such as stagecoachuk have made the decision not to post here in order not to endanger their jobs with Stagecoach.

Unfortunately, us ordinary folks don't get anywhere near as much info as them, so we don't have anything to share.

ALX400

It is fair to say the company is quite strict and robust when it comes to these forums and social networking site's and rightly so for various reasons however if it's of an enthusisats nature then all is well.......

Preston are due to recieve 11 new Scania's during July which will in turn see Tridents move across to Chorley to replace aged out Volvo Olympians, fleet numbers are TBC but you can bet it will be 18146, 47, 48, 49....;)

33472 is due to move from CY in summer with a Dart coming from Preston.

16634, 36, 37, 38, 39 are currently at Preston awaiting further movement.

That's all for now folks....:lol:

TheHovisKid

21007 out in Morecambe on the 5's today- not seen one of those for ages. 10025 had scrolling screens (prefer the static ones myself, but there you go) going to "Lancaster University" not just "University"

Last edited:

mbonwick

Established Member
I was under the impression that 16637 had already moved up to Highlands....could be wrong though.

Any idea what'll happen with the aged out Olympians from Chorley? Although they are older than those at Chester & Wirral, I've no doubt they're in better nick....

ALX400

I was under the impression that 16637 had already moved up to Highlands....could be wrong though.

Any idea what'll happen with the aged out Olympians from Chorley? Although they are older than those at Chester & Wirral, I've no doubt they're in better nick....

Sold on or scrapped is what they are all destined for am afraid they are no longer fit for service, its the end of the olympian as we know it lol.

It's TBC which dart from PR will come to CY altho if i was a betting person i'd put money on 34620....:lol:

Also on another note 17018,19, 21 will also be on the move come the end of summer from CY.

mbonwick

Established Member
9 Scanias in, 8 Tridents and a dart out (replacing 5 Olys, 3 S regs and 33472 at Chorley).
Is that pretty much the sum total of the movements?

KendalKing

Established Member
A couple of members have recently critised Reays timetable, claiming that they only operate on certain days. Well it would appear that Stagecoach are no better with this recent registration:-

PC0002407/375 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: The Glebe
Finish Point: The Glebe
Via:
Service Number: R1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-JUL-2013
Other Details: Service operates Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays

So, if you want to catch a bus on a Tuesday or Wednesday, then forget it.

darrenw29

Does anyone know when 35247 had its rear end fire??? also 34616 minus front panel at LL today.Bit of a Dart shortage at the min. 35247 needs alot of work to repair the rear end!!!

infobus

35247 caught fire two or three weeks ago, apparantly the exhaust set fire to some grass underneath the bus. 34616 was towed in from keswick suspect engine expired.

TBSchenker

Some Preston news. 21107/21108/21109 in traffic covering a shortfall of buses, pending the Scanias entering service.

Also seen was 47717 which is a Merseyside based solo, working either a Chorley or Preston depot route.

ALX400

Some Preston news. 21107/21108/21109 in traffic covering a shortfall of buses, pending the Scanias entering service.

Also seen was 47717 which is a Merseyside based solo, working either a Chorley or Preston depot route.

47713 is currently at CY on loan, its due to go back shortly, it arrrived to cover Road works in various areas that had a bad impact on scheduled local services.

Trident movements will commence in earnest one the delivery's of Preston's Scania's commence, its yet TBC but expect to see 18146, 47, 48, 49 move across to CY with 17018, 19, 21 move elsewhere poss to LL.

cainebj

Established Member
REAYS COACHES LTD, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, SYKE PK, WIGTON, CA7 9NE
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: COCKERMOUTH MAIN STREET
Finish Point: KESWICK CROW PARK ROAD
Via: LORTON, BUTTERMERE
Service Number: 77R
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 20-JUL-2013
Other Details: Monday to Sunday including bank holidays 20/7/2013- 4/9/2013

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: KESWICK CROW PARK ROAD
Finish Point: SEATOLLER
Via:
Service Number: 78R
Other Details: Monday to Sunday including bank holidays 20th July to 4th September 2013

Dallamlad

Established Member
Solos I imagine but who knows. It's not exactly a competitive route and I'm not sure what they are thinking...

jazz 1

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: COCKERMOUTH MAIN STREET
Finish Point: KESWICK CROW PARK ROAD
Via: LORTON, BUTTERMERE
Service Number: 77R
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Other Details: Monday to Sunday including bank holidays 20/7/2013- 4/9/2013

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: KESWICK CROW PARK ROAD
Finish Point: SEATOLLER
Via:
Service Number: 78R
Other Details: Monday to Sunday including bank holidays 20th July to 4th September 2013

Intresting times ahead.

I can not understand how Stagecoach split there 554 service at Wigton on the Carlisle to Keswick but Reays do not, unless Reays uses Taco open top deckers for this part of the route.

Class20

The use of Trident based Enviro400s by Morecambe on the 40/41 has increased in recent weeks. Both 10029 & 10031 were noted at Preston Bus Station yesterday, with others having been seen during the past week or two.

Dart 33029 made an unusual appearance on the 150 Bamber Bridge route yesterday. I think a breakdown may have caused its short notice allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.