• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ste898

I use the bus in carlisle 5 days a week to travel to work

Everything is unpleasant about stagecoach and the above just shows what they think of the fare paying passengers of carlisle...and the enviroment sweet FA

We have the hideous solos and now some are going but being replaced by sheds from other places

They will fit in well with the E200 and Dart cast offs we have on out of town serices and sometimes on town services

Also a good 70% of the drivers are just pure miserable.........But I can understand this working for a company like stagecoach

Last edited:

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I'll admit my bus milage in Carlisle and as a result my spend at the farebox is low but Iv always looked forward to riding on modern well maintained vehicles that were reliable. Whilst the drivers will still be friendly and the maintainance good the fleat age and potential for issues will not be so welcome.

madannie77

Interesting that 48001 & 48002 are moving on. I thought they were slimline models bought for the Honister Rambler. If so, what is replacing them.

Regarding the Solo SRs, the introduction of them in 2015 led to me walking or using my car to get to work instead of taking the bus. They are the most horrible buses I have ever had the displeasure of using, to the extent that I stopped using them almost completely.

I am rather happy that my local route has got E200s back, even if they are older, as it might get me back on the bus regularly, although the most recent fare increase puts me off somewhat. Even old old Darts would be an improvement over the Solos,in my opinion.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Not quite fleet changes but Gold 125-branded Enviro 400 15234 was on the 68 today in Blackpool, along with Enviro 300 27115.

chiltern trev

"Crash closes bridge for rest of month ". Article on page 2 News and Star, Monday 08 May 2017.

Stagecoach Solo PX10CKU 47721 failed to negotiate a bridge a Grange whilst operating the 77 Keswick - Honister circular. Pictures show full length of the offside of the sitting on the bridge wall. This is a single lane stone bridge about 10ft wide. Cumbria Council Council are advising the bridge could remain shut until May 27.

[Note this is Grange near Derwentwater - not Grange-over-Sands.]

enrag2000

"Crash closes bridge for rest of month ". Article on page 2 News and Star, Monday 08 May 2017.

Stagecoach Solo PX10CKU 47721 failed to negotiate a bridge a Grange whilst operating the 77 Keswick - Honister circular. Pictures show full length of the offside of the sitting on the bridge wall. This is a single lane stone bridge about 10ft wide. Cumbria Council Council are advising the bridge could remain shut until May 27.
[/QUOTE

http://www.cumbriacrack.com/2017/05/05/road-closed-bus-crashes-borrowdale-bridge/

Keswick services 77/77A and 78 are being operated this year by Lillyhall depot instead of the highly experienced drivers from Penrith and Carlisle. :roll:

Brilliantbert

In a suprise move (first time Frenchwood have had the type?) 24133 is operating out of Preston, someone told me 24134 is also here

abbo1234

I have just read on Twitter that Stagecoach are going to be using a Lakes open topper on service 2. Preston to Southport on Wednesday. Anyone else heard about this please.

Whistler40145

Established Member
I have just read on Twitter that Stagecoach are going to be using a Lakes open topper on service 2. Preston to Southport on Wednesday. Anyone else heard about this please.
Blimey, that's going to be a bit of a breezy journey.

Any idea why the use of an Open Topper on this service, considering the Lakes service is operated by Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire and the Preston to Southport no. 2 is operated by Stagecoach Merseyside and South Lancashire?

mbonwick

Established Member
Promotional tour for the new B5TL/Wrights before they enter squadron service in the Lakes.

A handy bit of promo work, with the side benefit of allowing a wider engineering opinion and some crude fuel trials...

Class20

E200 36804 is also now at Preston, working the 113 to Wigan today. Not seen 36805 for a while but guessing it might still be around since a second of the batch has moved up from Chester.

83G/84D

Established Member
Anyone know if any of the E200 MMC's due for Stockport (26141 - 26145) have been delivered?

Polarbear

Established Member
Does anyone happen to know when the new gold buses are due to turn up at Rock Ferry for services 471/472, and Chester for the X8?

Brilliantbert

Spotted trainer liveried 24177 (I think) yesterday in Preston out in service on the 111. Sorry but can't access off mobile so couldn't post at time. You'd think Preston would have enough buses on a Saturday (or was half the depot in Liverpool for Fußball?)

mbonwick

Established Member
Spotted trainer liveried 24177 (I think) yesterday in Preston out in service on the 111. Sorry but can't access off mobile so couldn't post at time. You'd think Preston would have enough buses on a Saturday (or was half the depot in Liverpool for Fußball?)

It's now believed that the blue E300s are in fact the paint float, for when vehicles are away being repainted - which would be a more logical explanation for 24177 being out in Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.