• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tjwpsv

Half open top 17490 is tracking on bustimes.org as being on Workington Town service 51! Have they really sent it out in today's awful weather - or is its tracker now in another vehicle?

Polarbear

Established Member
Apologies if not the right thread, but does anyone know what's happening with the Preston - Lancaster service from late December (routes 40 & 41). I understand that the timetable is changing, but there doesn't seem to be any reference to these routes on the Stagecoach website?

KendalKing

Established Member
Apologies if not the right thread, but does anyone know what's happening with the Preston - Lancaster service from late December (routes 40 & 41). I understand that the timetable is changing, but there doesn't seem to be any reference to these routes on the Stagecoach website?
That might explain, why the timetables have been removed from bus stops.

Hardcastle

The X8 Chorley to Keswick restarted this weekend 17/4 after not operating last year runs Saturdays & additionally Sundays this year until the last weekend in October.

cl19

Sadly i did not travel on it this weekend but i will once I've time i know there is only a small fleet that operates it.
No problem. Thanks for responding. From memory there are only a few buses that are fitted with a tacho that is required for such a journey length

Hardcastle

Just while on this thread the Dalesbus £10 rover is valid & can be purchased on the 280 stagecoach service between Preston & Skipton on Sundays & Bank Holidays which is a bargain

randyrippley

Established Member
Drove past Lancaster bus station at 17:45 and one of Stagecoach Kendal's Wright open toppers was parked at the stand used by the 555
Might be a chance to ride something different

route101

Established Member
Looking at doing the Stagecoach 42 from Lancaster to Blackpool. Does this bus run through the whole route? Stagecoach website lists the route fro Garstang but the PDF shows the full route. What usually runs on this route?

LancasterRed

Looking at doing the Stagecoach 42 from Lancaster to Blackpool. Does this bus run through the whole route? Stagecoach website lists the route fro Garstang but the PDF shows the full route. What usually runs on this route?
Yes it runs the whole route. WRT what runs on it you can get pretty much anything

randyrippley

Established Member
Its a through route Lancaster-Garstang-Blackpool and daytime & early evening it could be any of Morecambe's double deckers, though usually the older ones.
Note that some of the later evening services are council subsidised and run by Kirkby Lonsdale - often a Solo. I don't know how transferable return/day tickets are

APT618S

Was on the 42 in Blackpool yesterday. Was 10562 (Lakes Connection), this working which according to bustimes ran throughout:

Status
Not open for further replies.