• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainebj

Established Member
20913 is back in service with LL. It replaced 20923 on 14:30 51. 20923 then went straight on to 30/31.

Summary of changes from Lancashire CC service changes sheet, effective 22nd July 2012:
Chorley 1/1A/2/2A: Routes revised to merge in services 11, 12 and 18.
Chorley 3/3A: Blackrod section withdrawn, will operate Chorley - Adlington only, except for 1 return journey on market days only.
Chorley 10: Extension to Buckshaw Village withdrawn. (Covered by new service 14, operated by Tyrer)
Chorley 12: Service withdrawn.
Chorley 18: Service withdrawn and merged as above.
Chorley 114: Contract passing to Preston Bus, with the service re-routed to cover parts of service 12.
Chorley 337: Contract passing to Tyrer.
Chorley 347: Contract passing to Tyrer.
Chorley X25: Service withdrawn.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CumbrianJosh

on the subject of Kendal, how many jobs is that going to affect? I mean it will be a huge boost for some smaller companys in the area but Kendal bus have a good 30 drivers(rough guess) how many of them will still have jobs by end of the year?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
20913 is back in service with LL. It replaced 20923 on 14:30 51. 20923 then went straight on to 30/31.

oh the joys....
that bus reminds me of my ex for some reason :|

mbonwick

Established Member
I'm not sure Kendal will be all that affected - I've heard that Stagecoach have picked up a few contracts, so that will help. Also its doubtful that the preferred bidders (ie. not Stagecoach) will take up the tenders, so Stagecoach may still keep the routes.

Is it the bouncing of 20913 that reminds you of your ex? :P

robertclark125

Established Member
I'm not sure Kendal will be all that affected - I've heard that Stagecoach have picked up a few contracts, so that will help. Also its doubtful that the preferred bidders (ie. not Stagecoach) will take up the tenders, so Stagecoach may still keep the routes.

Incidentally, just on antoher thought regards tenders, what happens to contracts if a firm buys a rival, e.g. Stagecoach buys Travellers Choice? I know here in Fife the policy is that the contracts go to the buyer and don't get retendered, but with SPT they only agree short term contracts with the new owners until a new tendering process is completed.

CumbrianJosh

Don't be so rude!!!!!! :o jeeez
nahh it was just last summer when we were together we use to travel up to Maryport from Workington a fair bit and about 3/4 times we ended up on 20913 haha actuAlly

mbonwick

Established Member
Robert - I'm not sure what Cumbria's policy on tenders is.

Josh - you have a dirty mind. Either that or you've never met a bouncy person..... ;)

Shrimper

Slightly odd question, and perhaps not right for this thread - but I was in Oxford recently and noticed that the Stagecoach Oxford E400s are of the Scania type. But what jumped out at me (yet has bypassed me completely when observing the ones in Morecambe!) is that there appears to be a much greater overhang behind the rear wheel and emergency exit. Is this just a difference to the chassis compared to the ADL version I am familiar with from driving them in Manchester, or is the wheelbase/saloon length different?

Dallamlad

Established Member
Slightly odd question, and perhaps not right for this thread - but I was in Oxford recently and noticed that the Stagecoach Oxford E400s are of the Scania type. But what jumped out at me (yet has bypassed me completely when observing the ones in Morecambe!) is that there appears to be a much greater overhang behind the rear wheel and emergency exit. Is this just a difference to the chassis compared to the ADL version I am familiar with from driving them in Manchester, or is the wheelbase/saloon length different?

This was a subject of great debate when Scans first appeared in the NW. I originally thought that Scans were indeed longer because of the overhang. However, I was later corrected and informed that the body work is the same length, it's the chassis that are different as you say.

mbonwick

Established Member
The wheelbase on Scanias is shorted compared to all-ADL products, hence there is a larger rear overhang.

Josh - you've never met a bouncy person. Let's leave it at that, and I promise no innuendo was intended in my original comment.

andy 37

on the subject of Kendal, how many jobs is that going to affect? I mean it will be a huge boost for some smaller companys in the area but Kendal bus have a good 30 drivers(rough guess) how many of them will still have jobs by end of the year?

oh the joys....
that bus reminds me of my ex for some reason :|

I was driving 20913 last week and it was spot on

Mattdw92

Workington, North West/Newcastle Upon Tyne, North
I was driving 20913 last week and it was spot on

Certainly did sound and look spot when it was going by my house this afternoon. Hopefully suspension issues eased and we won't be wishing it away just yet again...!

Will never forget mine and cainebj's ride on it last summer on the X58... (1st June 2011)

Took a ride on 20913 today on X58. With any luck, its next for the scrapper. Worst B10M I have ever been on. It would be a serious competitor for the bounciest bus, along with ex LL 32917. Going through Tallentire, it bounced me off the seat. The back end was kicking out on every bend in the road too, felt like it was made out of paper and glue.

Welcome back 913 anyways :lol: :lol:

KendalKing

Established Member
Stagecoach buys Travellers Choice?

Thanks for the laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Traveller's Choice were the preferred bidder, but I don't think they will be taking it up.

For now its a case of wait and see!

I wonder what them 4 Double Deckers are for then ! (3 Brand new, and one secondhand)

Other News:- Two Scania / E400's parked up at Caton Road.

Last edited:

CumbrianJosh

The wheelbase on Scanias is shorted compared to all-ADL products, hence there is a larger rear overhang.

Josh - you've never met a bouncy person. Let's leave it at that, and I promise no innuendo was intended in my original comment.

I know what you mean mbonwick and I didn't really take offence don't worry :) but we'll leave it at that for the sake of all other forum members..

on the subject of the changes at Kendal, the 555 hasn't been mention so It could end up being that it becomes the only regular stagecoach route that Kendal operate, I'm guessing most of the vehicles at kendal, most of the solos and b10s will be moved elsewhere too.

TheHovisKid

Would it be economic to keep Kendal open just for the 555 and some seasonal stuff? Presume you could run the 555 from Morecambe with a couple overnighting at Carlisle for the morning southbound runs? The Open top stuff would be a problem though...

KendalKing

Established Member
Would it be economic to keep Kendal open just for the 555 and some seasonal stuff?

Yes, as its been these routes that have keep Kendal depot open.

The routes which are mention in the Westmorland Gazette, cost more to run, then what they get in subsidizes.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Would it be economic to keep Kendal open just for the 555 and some seasonal stuff? Presume you could run the 555 from Morecambe with a couple overnighting at Carlisle for the morning southbound runs? The Open top stuff would be a problem though...

There was talk years ago of making KL an out station and running all the admin etc from ME. If you look at Chorley now that's another one that is quickly turning into something that looks like an out station with all the changes coming in.

jonesy3001

Established Member
555 could easily be run from ME, keeping the outstation at ambleside, just gonna be a problem with open-toppers as morecambe is a open depot,depending if KL is used as a outstation depot?

CumbrianJosh

555 could easily be run from ME, keeping the outstation at ambleside, just gonna be a problem with open-toppers as morecambe is a open depot,depending if KL is used as a outstation depot?

I suppose the open top buses for the 599 could be kept at Ambleside during the summer couldn't they along with a few buses for the 555? save having to bring them all the way up from Morecambe every morning during the summer, I don't think its worth keeping Kendal open just for the open top buses, I know they start the morning off from Kendal bus station but not many people really use them so keep them at Ambleside and start them off from there or Windermere?

Dallamlad

Established Member
Word on campus is that Lancaster University underpass will re-open on Monday.
20546,20896 and 21003 came back covered in bird muck over there shiny coats.:lol::lol:
21003 is expected to be in service sometime this week as the enviros are being taken off the road for the olympics, 27748 is the first one.

Currently sat on 21003 running a 12 from Campus. LED just showing 'Stagecoach' with a slip of paper stuck to the window showing route number.

jonesy3001

Established Member
Word on campus is that Lancaster University underpass will re-open on Monday.

Currently sat on 21003 running a 12 from Campus. LED just showing 'Stagecoach' with a slip of paper stuck to the window showing route number.

Blind hasn`t probably been set as 21003 was withdrawn when the service 12 began.

darrenw29

20858 at the BP garage near LL this morn, off to pastures new and round the corner was 14258 trying its best not to leave LL, engine flap up and a few watering cans!!!!

Gez.SCNW

20545, 20795 and 20994 also left Lillyhall this morning
I wonder what them 4 Double Deckers are for then ! (3 Brand new, and one secondhand)

Certainly NOT for the X35

stagecoachuk

I suppose the open top buses for the 599 could be kept at Ambleside during the summer couldn't they along with a few buses for the 555? save having to bring them all the way up from Morecambe every morning during the summer, I don't think its worth keeping Kendal open just for the open top buses, I know they start the morning off from Kendal bus station but not many people really use them so keep them at Ambleside and start them off from there or Windermere?

No fear of Kendal closing, or Ambleside & Penrith for that matter.

Really is a case of wait and see as there are some improvements coming and some veichle movements and route workings which might just shock as well as new routes/variations.

16645 in bodyshop ready for the paintshop along with 47735.
20894 under repaint now with 22806 (Have painted around blind, looks awful)
47488 ready for repaint with 16184 while 49617 has been repainted White.

47020 is repainted and now sits in reserve at Carlisle alongside 33076 and 34220.

22598 at Truck & Bus.

Dallamlad

Established Member
No fear of Kendal closing, or Ambleside & Penrith for that matter.

Really is a case of wait and see as there are some improvements coming and some veichle movements and route workings which might just shock as well as new routes/variations.

16645 in bodyshop ready for the paintshop along with 47735.
20894 under repaint now with 22806 (Have painted around blind, looks awful)
47488 ready for repaint with 16184 while 49617 has been repainted White.

47020 is repainted and now sits in reserve at Carlisle alongside 33076 and 34220.

22598 at Truck & Bus.

Shocking indeed, going to be an interesting few weeks and months!

Also I assume 47735 is a typo?

Last edited:

jonesy3001

Established Member
20545, 20795 and 20994 also left Lillyhall this morning

Certainly NOT for the X35

Where are they going? I know 20545 and 20795 are ex ME buses and i think 20994 is a N/C bodied B10M.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.