• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mshaplin

Not stagecoach related but KX57 FKW - the plaxton primo that princess used to use on Kendal town service spotted in Kirkby Lonsdale this morning at 7.30 on a 581 (whatever that is). Also travellers's new streetlite MX57 CDN (with 532 in the screen) strictly a solo I know spotted coming off junction 34 southbound around 7.00 this morning

andy 37

mbonwick

Established Member
They could well be Andy, I just remember the last time I saw it was KLCH. I wouldn't be surprised if its changed in this round of tenders.

stagecoachuk

47005 under paint prep while our Mans are also started to be painted.

20965 now finished at Carlisle and 20977 it seems.

mbonwick

Established Member
I would expect its dependant on Bluebird and/or Manchester getting sorted with all their Olympic stuff back.

Having just got back from a weekend at the Leuchars Airshow, I can safely say the following;
1. East Scotlands ex-London Olympians are in much better nick than those recently aquired from Manchester.
2. There's a huge variety of conversions on the ex-London Tridents - generally the wheelchair bay hasn't been moved, and there's a 50/50 split roughly with seats where the centre door used to be.
3. ELC Pyoneer Olympians just look odd :lol:

stagecoachuk

Does anybody know where all these MANs for LL have got to? Not sure if CEs have got all their's yet...?

We have 7 at Carlisle with 3 in service so far with the rest in various stages of paint prep. A couple may venture to Lillyhall yet.

jonesy3001

Established Member
If you've not seen the ads on the ME buses or in the visitor or lancaster guardian get yourselves to market square in lancaster tomorrow.

Last edited:

infobus

20473 eventually taken out of service with gearbox problems. 22116, 18328 & 18330 coming to Lillyhall from Morecambe on Friday to replace another B10 and two short wheelbase Olympians

andy 37

If you've not seen the ads on the ME buses or in the visitor or lancaster guardian get yourselves to market square in lancaster tomorrow.

Afternoon,

Due to Council restrictions, Stagecoach in Lancaster are unable to park in Market Place on Thursday. Instead we intend introduce a number of 30 minute road shows in the area, visiting a number of locations in Morecambe, Heysham and Lancaster throughout Thursday. Keep an eye out for the Connect 2 Bus.

Dallamlad

Established Member
20473 eventually taken out of service with gearbox problems. 22116, 18328 & 18330 coming to Lillyhall from Morecambe on Friday to replace another B10 and two short wheelbase Olympians

And so the plans change again lol.

Also what exactly is happening tomorrow?

Last edited:

TheHovisKid

Afternoon,

Due to Council restrictions, Stagecoach in Lancaster are unable to park in Market Place on Thursday. Instead we intend introduce a number of 30 minute road shows in the area, visiting a number of locations in Morecambe, Heysham and Lancaster throughout Thursday. Keep an eye out for the Connect 2 Bus.

That always happens with the City Council, they're a little draconian about it. Short notice organisation?

Lots of branded E400s on the back fence this morning.....

jonesy3001

Established Member
10015/17/18/21/21 are the first of the connect 2 branded E400s to be out tomorrow(10018 on promo duties) and 16877(there is a god) has been withdrawn along with 18328,18330 and 22116.

Last edited:

Dallamlad

Established Member
Having seen the branding for Connect 2 today I am quite impressed and like it a lot. Look forward to seeing them all done and branded up!

Also 18328 still in service on the 2a about 20mins ago.

Last edited:

TheHovisKid

I thought it all looked a bit cluttered and haphazard. The vinyls over the lower back window are a bad idea from inside- they're actually quite airy back there compared to the older Tridents and then they go and cover it up! Why bother with the window at all- the Scanias don't have one.

So, you can go 2 Town, 2 The Uni or 2 The Web, but what about the large chunk of the district when you have to go 2 The Other Side of the River. Nice.

Paul Mcgill

I thought it all looked a bit cluttered and haphazard. The vinyls over the lower back window are a bad idea from inside- they're actually quite airy back there compared to the older Tridents and then they go and cover it up! Why bother with the window at all- the Scanias don't have one.

So, you can go 2 Town, 2 The Uni or 2 The Web, but what about the large chunk of the district when you have to go 2 The Other Side of the River. Nice.

Or want to go 2A!!

Status
Not open for further replies.