• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Repaint Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Rumours spreading that livery’s are to be unique to each region.

That's is hardly new news though... It's been known for about a year that each opco would have different vinyls! Even the leaked mock ups has local vinyls for Manchester.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CM

And ridiculously expensive! Also the official word is that there will be n overarching National livery.

Correct me If I'm wrong but do Stagecoach not normally re-paint a vehicle either prior to transfer to another subsidiary or upon receiving said vehicle at its new home prior to being put into service? I'm pretty sure Western were known to do this although that practice may have since stopped.

mbonwick

Established Member
Repainting upon transfer depends entirely upon operational requirements - how soon is said vehicle needed in service? When was it last painted? Does it need repainting?
Far from a hard-and-fast rule that everything gets repainted when transferred.

robk23oxf

Repainting upon transfer is definitely not a requirement however the former owner of each vehicle cascaded out to a new depot is responsible for any major mechanical defects up to six months after transfer.

njlawley

If the leaks are to be believed, then there will be 3 liveries

Something I was told today by an official source was that the three liveries that we've been talking about for the last several months were just the first draft of a new design.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It should be noted that the base colours are standard across the group Red is the standard colour, Green is for Park & Ride, Hybrid, Busways etc & Dark Blue for coaches. It's the vinyls that go on top of the base coat that'll vary between opco, so if a vehicle transfers they only have to change the vinyls, not repaint the entire bus.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Something I was told today by an official source was that the three liveries that we've been talking about for the last several months were just the first draft of a new design.
Interesting given that two batches of new buses have been painted green, and an Eclipse 2 in The Fens has also been painted green

mbonwick

Established Member
Not interesting at all when of the two new batches, 1 is for the Cambridge busway (so has to be mostly green as a minimum - that's in the contract wording for use of the busway), and the other is a load of fully electric vehicles.
The B7RLE/Eclipse that's just been repainted is also a Cambridge busway vehicle so falls into the above.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Not interesting at all when of the two new batches, 1 is for the Cambridge busway (so has to be mostly green as a minimum - that's in the contract wording for use of the busway), and the other is a load of fully electric vehicles.
The B7RLE/Eclipse that's just been repainted is also a Cambridge busway vehicle so falls into the above.

Exactly, the fact all those vehicles are green is insignificant because under the leaked plans they would've all been in the green livery anyway. It's quite amusing seeing people (mostly on Facebook) claim that they've dropped the red scheme just because all vehicles so far are green. We won't really know if there has been any change in plan until a standard vehicle or coach is repainted which shouldn't be too long now.

markydh

The interior on the new Newcastle based E400MMCs is grey and blue, so it would be very odd if they were painted red, externally. The branding on them (albeit temporary) is also a dark blue.

cnjb8

Established Member
This may have already been mentioned but one of the green Manchester BYDs has branding for being eco friendly and their is no discernable Stagecoach-ness in the branding.

Kent Dreamer

Are there any pictures floating about of the branded Stagecoach Manchester BYD as I can only seem to find pictures of the non-branded buses.

goldisgood

Are there any pictures floating about of the branded Stagecoach Manchester BYD as I can only seem to find pictures of the non-branded buses.
Here's one from the Oxford Chiltern Bus Page.
IMG_2792.JPG

Jordan Adam

Established Member
There's been some others photos leak of the BYDs too a few weeks back (albeit cannot find them now). To say they look crap is a understatement...

Alexbus12

There's been some others photos leak of the BYDs too a few weeks back (albeit cannot find them now). To say they look crap is a understatement...

I think I know which one you meant

I personally think they look alright when they've been fully vinyled up.

scosutsut

I can't fathom the business logic here. You rebrand for good reason, I don't see what that's meant to be in this case. Its a strong, recognisable national brand.

buslad1988

Doesn't look like stagecoach to me
I think that’s exactly what they want... and isn’t that the whole point of a rebrand? to look totally different.

Hoping once all is revealed the vinyls won’t be quite so uninspiring! I’m sure Ray Stenning will be horrified by these new liveries.

When First rebranded to the Olympia livery (as hideous as it was/is) atleast they kept the basic First colours and logo. But what Stagecoach seem to be wanting to do is totally tare up their current branding and start afresh.

IMO the coaches will be the worst in that dark purple livery. Can’t imagine the panther LE’s running in and out of Edinburgh wearing that dull scheme... hardly screams “look at me” and entice people onboard.

But who knows; we may all be pleasantly surprised!

devonexpress

I still don't get why Stagecoach want to rebrand like this, the current livery is nice, and the company has a fairly good reputation. First's rebranding was about changing peoples perception of the brand, yet somehow it hasn't work because all the old buses got the new livery.

As has been mentioned on Plymothian Transit, how would a red livery work in Plymouth against Citybus?

mbonwick

Established Member
Or because Stagecoach don't see the need to shell out several thousand pounds more per bus for an optional extra?
Don't forget they've just ordered 34 of the things, it adds up quickly...

Goldfish62

Established Member
Or because Stagecoach don't see the need to shell out several thousand pounds more per bus for an optional extra?
Don't forget they've just ordered 34 of the things, it adds up quickly...
It's not an optional extra. It's a standard part of the design.

CM

So the look of the bodywork has been spoiled by omitting the glazed staircase, seemingly just so a T advert frame could be fitted.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but aren't these vehicles low height? Up until now all MMC City vehicles have been full height so perhaps they were unable to fit the glass staircase to the low height bodywork.

Status
Not open for further replies.