• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Supertram in Sheffield Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bus man

In order to commerate the 50th aniversary of the passing of traditional trams in Sheffield Stagecoach have painted tram 120 in Sheffield Livery:

DSCN9760.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

madannie77

That shot still looks good, busman :). It looks just about right at night, whereas the pictures I have seen of it in daylight suggest that it is not the right shade of blue at all, although I have still not seen it in the flesh.

Not going to complain too much, as at least Stagecoach did something to commemorate the 50th anniversary, unlike a certain tramway museum which has several Sheffield cars.

tom1649

Very smart. Much better than the Stagecoach livery. If only the council still ran the trams, then they could paint them all like this.

silvermachine

I agree, it looks excellent in this livery, and credit to stagecoach for making the effort.

Im puzzled as to why the number of the tram doesnt appear on the outside tho' ?

tom1649

When the council did run the Trams they were this colour

Ahh yes I remember the old grey livery. Unfortunately for Sheffield City Council, the system didn't make enough money when it opened and they had to sell the operation to Stagecoach in 1997. SYPTE does still own the infrastructure, and I believe the operation and maintainance of the system reverts to the PTE in 2024 unless the Stagecoach contract is renewed.

tram 101

That shot still looks good, busman :). It looks just about right at night, whereas the pictures I have seen of it in daylight suggest that it is not the right shade of blue at all, although I have still not seen it in the flesh.

Not going to complain too much, as at least Stagecoach did something to commemorate the 50th anniversary, unlike a certain tramway museum which has several Sheffield cars.

Can i just say i drive theese trams EVERY DAY and would like to give some info on the WRONG BLUE suject.
The tram that you see here is a coming together of old and new it may be the wrong blue for the old style trams, and it may even be the wrong cream but it is done to look similar to the old style but in a new and fresh way. unfortunatly the old trams have long gone from sheffield and wont be back anytime soon, so the bosses wanted similar not the same to express the 50th anniversary of the depature of the last tram in our great city.
Just to stress the point im not having a go im just saying it as it is and hope that you agree when i say it looks great. i for one am proud to drive this tram whenever i have to just as much as the rest of the fleet:D. Unfortunatly its only with us until the new year so if you want to see her in the flesh then get over and have a look its well worth it, Thanx
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I agree, it looks excellent in this livery, and credit to stagecoach for making the effort.

Im puzzled as to why the number of the tram doesnt appear on the outside tho' ?

simply it would spoil it.

bus man

Can i just say i drive theese trams EVERY DAY and would like to give some info on the WRONG BLUE suject.
The tram that you see here is a coming together of old and new it may be the wrong blue for the old style trams, and it may even be the wrong cream but it is done to look similar to the old style but in a new and fresh way. unfortunatly the old trams have long gone from sheffield and wont be back anytime soon, so the bosses wanted similar not the same to express the 50th anniversary of the depature of the last tram in our great city.
Just to stress the point im not having a go im just saying it as it is and hope that you agree when i say it looks great. i for one am proud to drive this tram whenever i have to just as much as the rest of the fleet:D. Unfortunatly its only with us until the new year so if you want to see her in the flesh then get over and have a look its well worth it, Thanx
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
simply it would spoil it.

I am pleased that they have done it however my understanding is that they actualy asked for the paint codes for the proper blue !

Status
Not open for further replies.