• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West - Fleet News & Discussion

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
This is a continuation of the discussion in the Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales thread, but for Stagecoach West only.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CharlesR

Will be interesting to see whether or not Gloucester ends up with the Scania MMCs it was supposed to get. Won’t be until next year I suppose, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are outright cancelled.

TheWalrus

Established Member
With vehicles coming spare with the X5 and SEV going, might be less of a need
Also many new routes have been gained in conjunction with Cirencester College. So the need will be about the same as before.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
At the moment I see most of the Gold doubles on the Amazon services that have been increased.
Definitely one on the X5 yesterday. Mind you, was a 59 plate e200 too.

Also many new routes have been gained in conjunction with Cirencester College. So the need will be about the same as before.

Have they won some more? Mind you, Alex Cars demise would have helped

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Last edited:

TheWalrus

Established Member
With vehicles coming spare with the X5 and SEV going, might be less of a need
Aren’t quite a number of those the ones that they started operating in Sep 2019? How many additional ones are they taking on?

A related question; there used to be an outstation at South Cerney but think it closed and the services run from Swindon and Stroud. Is that still the case?
About an additional 10 routes.
That outstation is closed with 51 operating out of Swindon and the other Cirencester area services out of Stroud.

TheWalrus

Established Member
The 860, 861 and 863-867 are the original lot. There used to be an an 862 to Yate and some short 860 journeys between Tetbury and Cirencester town centre. When I did them, Gloucester ran the 860, 865 and 866. Stroud ran the 861-867. I suspect Swindon will run some of these new routes.
Swindon are certainly running some if not all of the new routes.

DaveHarries

Established Member
An interesting development which I heard from a friend (Matt Willis: I am not sure if he is a member of this forum) through a post on a Stagecoach West enthusiasts group on FB regarding Service 853 (Cheltenham - Oxford, via. Burford and Witney) is that, after a number of years - I don't know how many - of operation by Swanbrook the route has been registered by Stagecoach West. The website of Swanbrook advises that the service is currently suspended due to COVID-19 but I am told it will restart on Monday 13th July with Swanbrook operating things until Stagecoach West take over on Monday 27th July.

No idea if the timetable will remain the same or will be revised: I half think that if Stagecoach Cheltenham (the service number on the registration is given as "CM853A, 853") joined forces with the Stagecoach depot at Witney then enhancements might be possible. Who knows.

Matt, who made the post on a Stagecoach West enthusiast group, said he had heard that "the P&R (will be) going to single deck operation so that releases 4 deckers".

Dave

sc853.jpg sc853_2.jpg

Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
An interesting development which I heard from a friend (Matt Willis: I am not sure if he is a member of this forum) through a post on a Stagecoach West enthusiasts group on FB regarding Service 853 (Cheltenham - Oxford, via. Burford and Witney) is that, after a number of years - I don't know how many - of operation by Swanbrook the route has been registered by Stagecoach West. The website of Swanbrook advises that the service is currently suspended due to COVID-19 but I am told it will restart on Monday 13th July with Swanbrook operating things until Stagecoach West take over on Monday 27th July.

No idea if the timetable will remain the same or will be revised: I half think that if Stagecoach Cheltenham (the service number on the registration is given as "CM853A, 853") joined forces with the Stagecoach depot at Witney then enhancements might be possible. Who knows.

Matt, who made the post on a Stagecoach West enthusiast group, said he had heard that "the P&R (will be) going to single deck operation so that releases 4 deckers".

Dave

View attachment 80244 View attachment 80245
Could you please provide the links to the source of this information, and edit the post to include quotes from the text, rather than simply posting screenshots? Thanks :)

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

Dave

View attachment 80244 View attachment 80245

I recall Matt Willis WAS on this forum and used to share information.

Quite liked the 853 with Swanbrook's Irizar i4 being as near to an old style DP vehicle as you get. Interesting that Stagecoach are taking the route on and might have expected Pulhams but then again, they have more pressing issues.

willas00

Cheltenham Depot will be operating it and it’s booked to use the existing E300s. Timetable has been published to us drivers but not sure about the public yet.

4 return journeys Monday to Saturday only difference to Saturday timetable is the first journey starts later.

No Sunday timetable though Stagecoach will look at how it’s running as it’s run.

jay38a

Cheltenham Depot will be operating it and it’s booked to use the existing E300s. Timetable has been published to us drivers but not sure about the public yet.

4 return journeys Monday to Saturday only difference to Saturday timetable is the first journey starts later.

No Sunday timetable though Stagecoach will look at how it’s running as it’s run.

the timetable is on traveline:http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/TTB/EFA01__00005de9_TP.pdf

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation

Sorry to be specific but which E300's are booked? I'm guessing given the route its Scania's - a lot of it is A40.

PeterC

Established Member
I recall Matt Willis WAS on this forum and used to share information.

Quite liked the 853 with Swanbrook's Irizar i4 being as near to an old style DP vehicle as you get. Interesting that Stagecoach are taking the route on and might have expected Pulhams but then again, they have more pressing issues.
I was planning a trip before the virus got in the way. The Stagecoach offering sounds far less inviting for a senic trip through the Cotswolds.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I was planning a trip before the virus got in the way. The Stagecoach offering sounds far less inviting for a senic trip through the Cotswolds.

The scenery hasn't changed. I did a Cotswold Discoverer a few years ago and aside from Stagecoach drivers not knowing about it, there were plenty of great journeys and Pulhams are a high quality firm. Pulhams 801 and 855 are crackers so don't worry about the 853 changing too much.

PeterC

Established Member
The scenery hasn't changed. I did a Cotswold Discoverer a few years ago and aside from Stagecoach drivers not knowing about it, there were plenty of great journeys and Pulhams are a high quality firm. Pulhams 801 and 855 are crackers so don't worry about the 853 changing too much.
I was thinking of the seating not the view. Its a better M-F service though.

carlberry

Established Member
3 Stagecoach West Gold DDs in a row crossing the second Severn Bridge into Wales this afternoon showing 'Not in service' Rail replacement somewhere?

swifty

Established Member
Stagecoach are axing the 432 school service to Wellsway which was inherited from SGBC.

It used to interwork with other school services in the Longwell Green area in SGBC days but since Stagecoach have taken it on the bus seems to have run light to/from Patchway.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Stagecoach are axing the 432 school service to Wellsway which was inherited from SGBC.

It used to interwork with other school services in the Longwell Green area in SGBC days but since Stagecoach have taken it on the bus seems to have run light to/from Patchway.
Yeah, in the days before Covid, I'd see it on the ring road running empty

-Colly405-

From yesterday's Traveline update, it looks as though Stagecoach are totally recasting the 11, 11A, 77, 508 & 625 into the 10, 11, 12, 13 from 6th September. There are inconsistencies in what is showing for the existing routes, but it looks to be as follows:

10:
Existing 11A throughout linked to Southmead - Thornbury section of 77.
Peaks via Aztec West.
Occasional journeys extend Avonmouth - Severn Beach.

11:
Existing 11 throughout, extended to Parkway via existing 77 route.
Peaks extend via Brook Way to Aztec West.

12:
As 625 Severn Beach to Parkway only.
Hourly Mon-Say daytimes; some evening journeys to/from Little Stoke
Existing Sunday 625s become 12.

13:
Existing 508 throughout extended via Southmead Rd to Wellington Hill West, then to Centre as 77.
Hourly, Mon-Sat daytimes.

Which, I think, means other than different links now being available, means that Southmead - UWE - Parkway is now half-hourly on the 10/11, Severn Beach gets extra services on the 10, and more buses now go into Aztec West.

I think :)

carlberry

Established Member
From yesterday's Traveline update, it looks as though Stagecoach are totally recasting the 11, 11A, 77, 508 & 625 into the 10, 11, 12, 13 from 6th September. There are inconsistencies in what is showing for the existing routes, but it looks to be as follows:

10:
Existing 11A throughout linked to Southmead - Thornbury section of 77.
Peaks via Aztec West.
Occasional journeys extend Avonmouth - Severn Beach.

11:
Existing 11 throughout, extended to Parkway via existing 77 route.
Peaks extend via Brook Way to Aztec West.

12:
As 625 Severn Beach to Parkway only.
Hourly Mon-Say daytimes; some evening journeys to/from Little Stoke
Existing Sunday 625s become 12.

13:
Existing 508 throughout extended via Southmead Rd to Wellington Hill West, then to Centre as 77.
Hourly, Mon-Sat daytimes.

Which, I think, means other than different links now being available, means that Southmead - UWE - Parkway is now half-hourly on the 10/11, Severn Beach gets extra services on the 10, and more buses now go into Aztec West.

I think :)
I wonder if the 'more buses to Aztec West' is a council idea or something to do with replacing service 3 journeys?

-Colly405-

I wonder if the 'more buses to Aztec West' is a council idea or something to do with replacing service 3 journeys?
Possibly both?

Certainly, it doesn't look as though the 3A or 3C are reappearing yet, and the 3X that was just one journey each way pre-Covid is going half hourly peaks, with the morning journeys going Centre - Redcliffe Way - Victoria St - Broadmead - BRI... so picking up some of the former 3A's Bedminster journey.