• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
On a different note does anyone on here know what routes drivers have to learn when they start at Exeter depot? Is it a good depot to work for? What are the rosters like?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
Looks like more P&R E300s are going into Standard livery. Saw two repaints today (can't remember the numbers but they both had the red painted rear lights rather then silver)

Have to wonder if there is a new P&R fleet inbound. It is 5 years now.

henairs

Hi,
ALX Dart 34077 was working on Tuesday this week on Route 99 Taunton - Yeovil vice errant Versa,
Cheers, Mike Russell

Rapidash

Horrid express

STAGECOACH South West have announced that a new bus service that will provide a direct connection between Dartmouth, Totnes, Newton Abbot and Exeter.

From January 19, 2015, the X64 extension to Dartmouth will give residents direct connections to Totnes, Newton Abbot and Exeter up to every hour from Monday to Saturday. There will also be a later evening journey from Exeter bus station which will depart at 7.15pm travelling to Newton Abbot and Kingsteignton.

Michael Watson, Managing Director of Stagecoach South West, said: “I’m really excited about the changes to the X64 and being able to offer our customers a direct connection between Exeter and Dartmouth.”

From the same day, new timetables for Stagecoach Gold and the X46 are also being introduced. These will provide an hourly Sunday service on Stagecoach Gold and improve reliability for those travelling between Torquay and Exeter on the X46.

As a result of the introduction of the enhanced X64 timetable, Stagecoach Gold will no longer serve Dartmouth with existing key morning and evening connections transferred to the new X64 timetable.

The Stagecoach Gold Sunday service between Torquay, Totnes and Plymouth will also increase to every hour.

Mr Watson added: “It’s also great to see Stagecoach Gold continue to go from strength to strength. Since it launched, over a million passengers have ‘gone Gold’.”

A new X46 timetable is also being introduced, with the service retimed to take into account delays caused by the construction of the South Devon Link Road and Splatford Split widening. To accommodate this, buses during the daytime will no longer serve Paignton or Paignton Sea Front. Frequent connections between Torquay and Paignton are available on the Hop12, 22 and Stagecoach Gold instead. The X46 will continue to serve Paignton at the start and end of the day for commuters into Exeter.

He added: “Our X46 bus service provides an important connection for commuters between Exeter and Torquay and, whilst the current roadworks will improve things for everyone – including us – in the longer term, they are currently impacting on our service reliability. Shortening the route to the core section between Exeter and Torquay will address this and our Torbay bus network will ensure customers can still easily travel onto Paignton.”

Can't say I'm pleased with the day time services only going to Torquay.It's rare enough I get the X46 on my way home, as the train manages the route quicker and cheaper in the offpeak. Atleast my commute in the morning isnt getting more complicated! On a more positive side, it does atleast provide an alternative route home: X64 - ferry - 18 back to Brixham. :) anything to avoid the Newton Road :lol:

henairs

Hi All,
There were 2 Darts [34860, 35264] as well as Solo 47596 out on the Taunton - Yeovil route today with just 2 Versas 25251/253 making up the 5 Diagrams. 25252/255 were sat on Chard Depot whilst 25254/256 are presumed to be down at Exeter at the moment.
A shame there's no route to link Chard into the Axminster - Exeter route to link into the Devon network.
Asked a driver the price of a single from Chard to Axminster on BOS route 30 and was told £7.50 which seems rather steep for such a short journey.
Love to see BOS do T/ton -Chard with a Stagecoach shuttle onwards to Axminster. Would be good for passengers who have to pay.
The Versa's would seem to be quite complicated bits of kit as opposed to Darts or Solos.
Cheers, Mike Russell [henairs]

henairs

Hi,
Took a look at Chard Depot this Saturday 24th Jan and noted ALX Dart 34092 Trident 17705 and Dart 34776 in the yard there.
Dart 35264 and usual Solo 47596 were on 99s along with Versa's 25252,255 and 25256.
Down at Taunton the 14.15 to Seaton was 35265.
Informed that 25253/254 are away at Exeter along with 17053.
Not sure of 25251's whereabouts.

Temple Meads

Established Member
There were Pointer Dart's out on both the D and S Exeter city routes tonight. Also due to the infamous Bickleigh Bridge being closed for roadworks, buses on the '55' routes to and from Tiverton were being diverted via the M5, with a shuttle service from Exeter to Bickleigh on the usual route - Solo WA04 TXL (47096) was on said shuttle.

CC 72100

Established Member
There were Pointer Dart's out on both the D and S Exeter city routes tonight. Also due to the infamous Bickleigh Bridge being closed for roadworks, buses on the '55' routes to and from Tiverton were being diverted via the M5, with a shuttle service from Exeter to Bickleigh on the usual route - Solo WA04 TXL (47096) was on said shuttle.

a Dart on the H yesterday daytime as well. (I don't know whether the D + H routes are interworked or whether the diagrams keep them seperate)

I also saw that solo heading towards Tiverton yesterday and thought it was a little different!

Temple Meads

Established Member
a Dart on the H yesterday daytime as well. (I don't know whether the D + H routes are interworked or whether the diagrams keep them seperate)

I also saw that solo heading towards Tiverton yesterday and thought it was a little different!

Pretty sure the D and H are interworked :)

Rapidash

An "Exeter" E400 has snuck down to Torbay and is on the 12. It's been confusing a fair few drivers due to its different start up and button layout.

Seats are rubbish as well:p

iantherev

An "Exeter" E400 has snuck down to Torbay and is on the 12. It's been confusing a fair few drivers due to its different start up and button layout.

Seats are rubbish as well:p

19093-5 came down from Exeter with the X64 but seem to be used generally on Torbay services. Seats may be tired but they were regularly used on the X38?so can't be bad buses.

LAIRA

19567 & 19568 have moved up to Exeter and both have been in Plymouth this week on X38
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Correction 19657 & 19658 have moved to Exeter. Must improve my proof reading

Rapidash

19093-5 came down from Exeter with the X64 but seem to be used generally on Torbay services. Seats may be tired but they were regularly used on the X38?so can't be bad buses.

They have less legroom that the normal ones in the Bay. The skinnier faux leather seats are waaaaayyy better than the chubby fabric ones!

iantherev

Matter of opinion really. I'm 6' 2" in have no problems with the leg room.

Incidentally 52480 (R180 DNH) has arrived from South Wales for use as a trainer in Exeter.

henairs

Hi,
Versa's 25253/254 have returned from Exeter this past week with 34776 going in the opposite direction. 34092 and 17705 still present, the trident for the 96 college runs and 34092 unknown perhaps storage as a reserve fleet vehicle.
25253 stayed on Depot today with the Solo having it's normal turn on the diagrams. 25251 still absent.

Rapidash

Alot of those service I can understand being up for the chop, I often see alot of them carrying fresh air around Exeter much of the time. The Country Bus services around Newton Abbot seem busier.

Dartmouth is taking a real hammering though. Good luck getting home after 1900 or on Sundays and bank holidays. The evening times for the 18/A are being eyed up for the axe by Torbay, so if the passenger ferry services are gone from 1900, there won't be an incentive to keep it going.

DaveHarries

Established Member
From the VOSA registrations of 03rd February it seems that Stagecoach SouthWest are going to replace the 510 all the way from Bude.

PH1020951/183 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Holswrthy and Bude given service number 6/6A effective from 22-Feb-2015. To amend Timetable.

PH1020951/184 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Okehampton and Holsworthy given service number 6 effective from 22-Feb-2015. To amend Timetable.

PH1020951/185 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Exeter and Okehampton given service number 6A/6 effective from 22-Feb-2015. To amend Timetable.

PH1020951/217 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Launceston and Okehampton given service number 6A effective from 22-Feb-2015. To amend Timetable.

PH1020951/222 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Launceston
Finish Point: Bude
Via:
Service Number: 6A
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-FEB-2015
Other Details: To intorduce positioning jouneys to roperate withdrawn Western Greyhound Service 510

PH1020951/223 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Launceston
Finish Point: Holsworthy
Via:
Service Number: 6A
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-FEB-2015
Other Details: To introduce Sunday jounryes to replace withdrawn Western Greyhound Service 510

Sounds like WGL will therefore drop the 510 but it is good that steps are being taken to replace it.

Dave

henairs

Hi All,
Took a very enjoyable trip down into Devon yesterday and amidst the usual selection of Darts on the 4s and 20 route was Enviro 36238 which was on the 13.15 Axminster - Exeter service.
On the way home stopped off for a quick look at Chard noting Darts 34862/865 and Trident 17053 parked up whilst at least 4 of the 99 diagrams were Versa's.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Any ideas as to why Stagecoach have a Versa running around Exeter? Must be a right bugger maintaining a fleet of 1!

Stagecoach have taken over from Western Greyhound on the Exeter - Launceston/Bude services, Bude depot are supplying the buses, hence the Versa.

vicbury

Maybe stretching the definition of South West a little bit, but this announcement from Stagecoach today may be of interest:

As of Monday 23rd March, Stagecoach West will be operating a service between Gloucestershire and North Bristol up to every hour.

The Belles Express will serve Waterwells Park & Ride, Aztec West, MoD Abbey Wood and the University of West of England; and at off peak times will also serve Cribbs Causeway.

For the Belles Express timetable, please click here

Keep an eye out for our new leaflet complete with a free travel voucher!
Source
PDF Timetable

Fairly bold branding for Stagecoach too:

bellesexpresslogo1%5B2%5D.png

Last edited:

CD

Wow, its a long time since a Gloucester-Bristol service ran.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Wow, its a long time since a Gloucester-Bristol service ran.

December 2000 apparently - one of those services I never did :( As has been said, it doesn't serve Bristol City centre and at two hours long, I doubt the old 308 had many end to end patrons!!

Font of all things Stagecoach (M Bonwick) stated that some of the former X5 B7Rs were heading to Stagecoach West for a new service - would appear this is it. Bit of a risk but let's hope it works

Stan Drews

Established Member
December 2000 apparently - one of those services I never did :( As has been said, it doesn't serve Bristol City centre and at two hours long, I doubt the old 308 had many end to end patrons!!

Font of all things Stagecoach (M Bonwick) stated that some of the former X5 B7Rs were heading to Stagecoach West for a new service - would appear this is it. Bit of a risk but let's hope it works

Well, actually....
I'd heard they were for a Bristol service.

Status
Not open for further replies.