Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by Temple Meads, 31 Jul 2014.

1. embers25

embers25 Established Member

I got a decker on the D on the 1622 from Digby on Thur 28th August. It arrived empty from the depot and may have been Stagecoach reacting to the closure of Countess Wear roundabout. Whatever the reason it was a nice change although very tight to get round in places. The driver was very careful around trees as obviously they aren't chopped back given it's usually a single decker.

2. Wolvercoter

Wolvercoter Member

Aah... that'll explain it. Thanks for that.

Speaking of MAN/E300, I saw 24148 looking shiny in corporate Stagecoach livery this evening, heading into Exeter on the X38. Used to be a Matford Greeny.

3. Temple Meads

Temple Meads Established Member

Saw 24148 on the Blue P&R on Monday:

[​IMG]Stagecoach - WA59 FXE - 24148 - Exeter - Paris St by Transport Tim

And ALX200 Dart 34077 was on a 'P' to Crossmead around the same time:

[​IMG]Stagecoach - S477 BWC - 24077 - Exeter - Sidwell St by Transport Tim

It was also parked up on Exeter Upper Bus Station tonight, so looks like the 14 plate Enviro's haven't completely vanquished them, although I assume it's a reserve vehicle now?

Although having said that, a flickr contact saw two ALX200 Dart's on the back of a wrecker today, most likely scrapyard bound.

4. Rapidash

Rapidash Member

Those old Darts and a few ancient Tridents in Torbay must be the last around here with the terrible bench style seats, right?

Bon voyage, EasyRiders, you did well to save us after Bayline, but I'll stick to the E400's if thats okay!:)
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Well, unless the fitters have some serious magic at their disposal, the last Trident 2 on the X46 snuffed it today. 1040 out of Exeter - Engine died just past the Gissons Inn, driver managed to get it to the nearby slip road for the garage there. Fitter called, swore at it, declared it dead and then shoved us on the next service to pass, which was the next X46 as naff all else goes that way.

I'm just glad it only took an hour to get us on another bus, as the preparation for the Tour of Britain pretty much shut down most of Exeter this morning. I wonder what variety of E400 we'll get now! PleasbeanotherGold,PleasebeanotherGold......

5. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Established Member

Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
    I thought you'd been told that X46 was being converted to Gold?

6. Rapidash

Rapidash Member

I had been! By the driver of the dead Trident by happy chance:lol:

It has been run by 2 Golds and a Trident for the last few months, not sure whats happening with the third one.

7. starrymarkb

starrymarkb Established Member

One of the Green E300s used to spend the day in the Bus station yard as it was only needed during peak hours. At least if it's in neutral colours it can go out and work on the R or some of the Rural routes like the other P&R spares.

And I've just noticed from Tim's pic that it's been re-repainted. It didn't have black around the windows for the first week or so out.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2014
  8. Rapidash

Rapidash Member

Looks like a Dart was on the X46 today. One of the few times I've been happy to fork out extra for the pleasure of using a Pacer.

9. henairs

henairs Member

Hi,
    Trident 17053 had a run out on the 99 route again this Saturday when it worked into Taunton on the 13.38 service from Yeovil.
    Not sure if it worked throughout o may have replaced an ailing vehicle along route as it was 20+ down into the county town.
    No doubt worked 16.40 return service.
    Cheers, Mike Russell
    Hi,
    A quick look in at Chard Depot revealed Trident 17702 is here at the moment whilst Versa 25251 was also parked up.
    3 vehicle types out on 99 today, Versa's 25252/253 Darts 34729/34776 and Solo 47596 which still has Blue moquette Cooks coaches seats inside along with yellow grab rails. Not sure if any of the other ex Landylines [Cooks] vehicles still carry these colours internally or if they have been reworked into full Stagecoach interior spec ? A good few are still in use at other Depots in South-West area.
    Also ex Barny Dart 35153 was on the 20 [14.15 T/ton] again.
    Off on holiday to North Devon this coming week so looking forward to seeing operations down there.
    Cheers, Mike Russell [henairs]
    Hi All,
    ALX Dart 34068 has been working out of Barnstaple Depot as a stand in for vehicle/s away for painting. It was on 21a services to Croyde bay this Tuesday/Wednesday and was also seen working along the Torrington road on Thursday. Versa 25260 was absent this week so unless VOR could be away for paint. Trident 18079 which arrived back from painting middle of last week has been Fleet numbered back up and is back out in traffic.
    Seen lunch time today on a 155 at Tiverton.
    17053 was noted working MT to Taunton near Ilminster so not sure if 17702 has returned to Exeter.
    Hope these notes interest someone out there.
    Mike Russell [henairs]

10. Temple Meads

Thanks for the info Mike, good to hear that an ALX200 is still fighting on the front line.

Saw 18079 earlier too, looked very smart.

11. TheWalrus

TheWalrus Established Member

On a different note does anyone on here know what routes drivers have to learn when they start at Exeter depot? Is it a good depot to work for? What are the rosters like?

12. starrymarkb

starrymarkb Established Member

Looks like more P&R E300s are going into Standard livery. Saw two repaints today (can't remember the numbers but they both had the red painted rear lights rather then silver)

Have to wonder if there is a new P&R fleet inbound. It is 5 years now.

13. henairs

henairs Member

Hi,
    ALX Dart 34077 was working on Tuesday this week on Route 99 Taunton - Yeovil vice errant Versa,
    Cheers, Mike Russell

14. iantherev

iantherev Member

35154 has arrived at Exeter from Barnstaple. 35171 went the other way in exchange.

15. iantherev

iantherev Member

15797, the less damaged Scania in the Paignton fire in now back on the road.

16. Rapidash

Rapidash Member

Horrid express

Can't say I'm pleased with the day time services only going to Torquay.It's rare enough I get the X46 on my way home, as the train manages the route quicker and cheaper in the offpeak. Atleast my commute in the morning isnt getting more complicated! On a more positive side, it does atleast provide an alternative route home: X64 - ferry - 18 back to Brixham. :) anything to avoid the Newton Road :lol:

17. henairs

henairs Member

Hi All,
    There were 2 Darts [34860, 35264] as well as Solo 47596 out on the Taunton - Yeovil route today with just 2 Versas 25251/253 making up the 5 Diagrams. 25252/255 were sat on Chard Depot whilst 25254/256 are presumed to be down at Exeter at the moment.
    A shame there's no route to link Chard into the Axminster - Exeter route to link into the Devon network.
    Asked a driver the price of a single from Chard to Axminster on BOS route 30 and was told £7.50 which seems rather steep for such a short journey.
    Love to see BOS do T/ton -Chard with a Stagecoach shuttle onwards to Axminster. Would be good for passengers who have to pay.
    The Versa's would seem to be quite complicated bits of kit as opposed to Darts or Solos.

18. henairs

henairs Member

Hi,
    Took a look at Chard Depot this Saturday 24th Jan and noted ALX Dart 34092 Trident 17705 and Dart 34776 in the yard there.
    Dart 35264 and usual Solo 47596 were on 99s along with Versa's 25252,255 and 25256.
    Down at Taunton the 14.15 to Seaton was 35265.
    Informed that 25253/254 are away at Exeter along with 17053.
    Not sure of 25251's whereabouts.

19. Temple Meads

There were Pointer Dart's out on both the D and S Exeter city routes tonight. Also due to the infamous Bickleigh Bridge being closed for roadworks, buses on the '55' routes to and from Tiverton were being diverted via the M5, with a shuttle service from Exeter to Bickleigh on the usual route - Solo WA04 TXL (47096) was on said shuttle.

20. CC 72100

CC 72100 Established Member

a Dart on the H yesterday daytime as well. (I don't know whether the D + H routes are interworked or whether the diagrams keep them seperate)

I also saw that solo heading towards Tiverton yesterday and thought it was a little different!