• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
Every time I see the coach on the Belles Express it is either empty or with one passenger on! BTW - There is also the driver!!!

Saw the 15:00ish Belles Express leave Gloucester on Thursday. Driver + load of fresh air again.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Today's VOSA Bus Service registrations (06th July) contain a number of entries for Stagecoach West (Cheltenham / Gloucester / Swindon) and Stagecoach SouthWest. The entries are for changes to take effect 30-Aug-2015 unless stated.

Key:
TT: Timetable Changes only
RT: Route and Timetable Changes
CAN: Cancelled Service

Stagecoach West:
8/9/9A/9B Wroughton - Freshbrook (RT)
23 Gloucester - Coleford (RT)
63/63A Forest Green - Gloucester (RT)
71 Swindon - Thorney Park (RT)
80 Swindon - Marlborough (RT)
80 Marlborough - Ludgershall (RT)
502 Minchinhampton - St. Peter's High School (RT)

Stagecoach SouthWest:
6 Holsworthy - Bude (TT)
6 Okehampton - Holsworthy (TT)
6/6A Exeter - Okehampton (RT)
6A Launceston - Bude (TT)
6A Launceston - Okehampton (TT)
6A Launceston - Holsworthy (CAN)
EXE14 Holsworthy - Exeter College (CAN)

As for the SouthWest ones it looks like we may see more journeys between Launceston and Exeter with some (or all) extended to / from Bude? That's what I deduce anyway: could be wrong. The EXE14 registration, which appears as two separate items, could be simply to do with the end of the academic year.

HTIOI,
Dave

NB: Above post made 06/07/2015, not 08/07/2015. Double-post prevention system intervened despite that this was not a double post! Unrequired merging of attempted new post with existing post removed.

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
10 July 2015

Breaking News!!!
Bus operator, First South West, today (10 July 2015) signed an agreement to sell its operations in South Devon to Stagecoach. On completion of the sale, expected to conclude 6 September 2015, the Plymouth bus depot, outstations at Tavistock and Dartmouth and around 250 staff will transfer to Stagecoach.
Alex Carter, Managing Director of First South West, said: “Despite the focus on services and the hard work of everyone in South Devon, unfortunately the business has underperformed for a number of years. I’m pleased we’ve negotiated an agreement to sell and therefore help protect jobs and key services.
“The sale does not, in any way, reflect the commitment of our employees in the area who have worked tirelessly to provide the best possible service to local communities. I’d like to thank them for their hard work and loyalty over the years. We will be fully supporting them as they transfer to their new employer.

““We’re proud to have served the South Devon community and would like to thank passengers for travelling with First South West over the years. I can assure our customers that we will continue to run services as normal up to and..........

(statement ends rather prematurely)

source / credit:- www.plymothiantransit.com

carlberry

Established Member
10 July 2015

Breaking News!!!
Bus operator, First South West, today (10 July 2015) signed an agreement to sell its operations in South Devon to Stagecoach. On completion of the sale, expected to conclude 6 September 2015, the Plymouth bus depot, outstations at Tavistock and Dartmouth and around 250 staff will transfer to Stagecoach.
Alex Carter, Managing Director of First South West, said: “Despite the focus on services and the hard work of everyone in South Devon, unfortunately the business has underperformed for a number of years. I’m pleased we’ve negotiated an agreement to sell and therefore help protect jobs and key services.
“The sale does not, in any way, reflect the commitment of our employees in the area who have worked tirelessly to provide the best possible service to local communities. I’d like to thank them for their hard work and loyalty over the years. We will be fully supporting them as they transfer to their new employer.

““We’re proud to have served the South Devon community and would like to thank passengers for travelling with First South West over the years. I can assure our customers that we will continue to run services as normal up to and..........

(statement ends rather prematurely)

source / credit:- www.plymothiantransit.com

End should read:

We’re proud to have served the South Devon community and would like to thank passengers for travelling with First South West over the years. I can assure our customers that we will continue to run services as normal up to and including 5 September and will ensure a smooth transition.”

Rapidash

Does that mean the 93 will be a Stagecoach route? If so, that makes my gold rider even more worthwhile.:)

On the other hand, Tally Ho!will probably be ducking for cover as this will be an another route into the South Hams for Stagecoach.

Last edited:

Temple Meads

Established Member
I'm pleased with this news - it means even more journey opportunities with a humble Explorer.

Will be interesting to see what Stagecoach do vehicle wise, perhaps a cascade from the new SSW buses can cover it.

padbus

Several of the WA04xxx Solos have been repainted into the latest livery with white fronts to the roofs. There were at least 4 parked in the yard in Belgrave Road on Tuesday.

83G/84D

Established Member
Several of the WA04xxx Solos have been repainted into the latest livery with white fronts to the roofs. There were at least 4 parked in the yard in Belgrave Road on Tuesday.

WA04 TXC WA04 TXE & WA04 TWX noted today.

83G/84D

Established Member
Plymothian Transit website reporting that eight Enviro 200's formerly at Carlisle are due for the new operation at Plymouth along with several Solo's from Exeter and some vehicles from Wigan.

www.plymothiantransit.com

iantherev

In other news from Plymothian Transit, Citybus are withdrawing the Derriford - Tavistock section of the Blue Flash service and the Ivybridge Express service from 20th September.

henairs

Hi,
Exeter Solo 47098 was on the 99 circuit today seen in Yeovil on the 12.15 Taunton to Yeovil service. With Solo 47596 and Dart 34864 only Versa,s seen were 25253/255.
Cheers Mike Russell [henairs]

Surreyman

A report on another website states that Stagecoach may base a few Coaches for Megabus operations at the new Plymouth depot,

DaveHarries

Established Member
Among some recent (last month or two) VOSA changes were TT changes for the X38 (Exeter - Plymouth)and GOLD (Torquay - Plymouth) which, IIRC, are due to take effect in September. Can't help wondering if some vehicles for these routes will also be based at Plymouth.

Dave

Surreyman

Among some recent (last month or two) VOSA changes were TT changes for the X38 (Exeter - Plymouth)and GOLD (Torquay - Plymouth) which, IIRC, are due to take effect in September. Can't help wondering if some vehicles for these routes will also be based at Plymouth.

Dave

Been reported that 'Gold' will have 2 out of the total pvr of 8, based in Plymouth & the X38 will have 1 bus out of a pvr of 2 also based at Plymouth.
Also reported that new SC route 2 will now be extended to Saltash.

Rumour has it that no drivers are being made redundant, only Office/Management & other staff, can't confirm the accuracy of this story.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Also reported that new SC route 2 will now be extended to Saltash.
Yes I have heard this as well: new Service 2 to be Saltash - Mount Batten. I wonder what Stagecoach's new Plymouth network is going to be though? Not seen many registrations in the VOSA bulletins apart from those for the 1 (Plymouth - Tavistock) and 3 (Kingsbridge - Plymouth) as well as the original registration for Service 2.

Anyone here happen to know?

Dave

mbonwick

Established Member
I have the following routes down as being registered:
Route 2: Royal Parade - Mountbatten Pier
Route 48: Royal Parade - Wembury
Route 1: Plymouth - Tavistock (Previously 83, and interworked with 86/new X1 below)
Route X1: Plymouth - Tavistock (Previously 86, and interworked with 83/new 1 above)
Route 89: Tavistock - Courtlands
Route 90: Dartmouth - Townstall
Route 807: Woolwell - Coombe Dene School
Route 808: Milehouse - Coombe Dene School
Route 101: The George P&R - Royal Parade (Previously PR1)
Route 200: Coypool P&R - Royal Parade (Previously PR2)
Route 3: Plymouth - Dartmouth via Kingsbridge
Route 805: Widewell- Tor Bridge High School
Route 806: Devonport - Coombe Dene School
Route 91: Dartmouth P&R - Dartmouth Pontoon

Last edited:

Surreyman

Whereabouts did you see this? :)

Plymothian Transit site - Anonymous blog

Operator called Hamilton Gray
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have the following routes down as being registered:
Route 2: Royal Parade - Mountbatten Pier
Route 48: Royal Parade - Wembury
Route 1: Plymouth - Tavistock (Previously 83, and interworked with 86/new X1 below)
Route X1: Plymouth - Tavistock (Previously 86, and interworked with 83/new 1 above)
Route 89: Tavistock - Courtlands
Route 90: Dartmouth - Townstall
Route 807: Woolwell - Coombe Dene School
Route 808: Milehouse - Coombe Dene School
Route 101: The George P&R - Royal Parade (Previously PR1)
Route 200: Coypool P&R - Royal Parade (Previously PR2)
Route 3: Plymouth - Dartmouth via Kingsbridge
Route 805: Widewell- Tor Bridge High School
Route 806: Devonport - Coombe Dene School
Route 91: Dartmouth P&R - Dartmouth Pontoon

Route 2 - late announcement - extended to Saltash.
The details I have seen show route 3 as Plymouth - Kingsbridge, with the Kingsbridge to Dartmouth section as 'schooldays only'

DaveHarries

Established Member
The details I have seen show route 3 as Plymouth - Kingsbridge, with the Kingsbridge to Dartmouth section as 'schooldays only'
Which would appear to be wrong. The timetables are on Traveline SW and there are two TTs: one valid 06/09/2015 until 19/09/2015 and the other valid 20/09/2015 onwards. Seems to be Dartmouth - Kingsbridge to be every 2 hours.

Timetables are also up for Services 2 & 2A but it says on TSW "Blocked until confirmed"! It does, however, say Saltash & St. Stephen to Mount Batten". There are also TTs for the 1/X1 where the journey times will, it seem, be only 10 minutes quicker on the X1 than the 1.

Timetables also present for the 101 & 200 Plymouth P&R routes.

Dave

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
If you go to the website you can get maps and details for each route, along with what is replacing each First Plymouth route

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/Plymouth network.aspx
from Sunday 6th September 2015
In conjunction with our acquisition of First's depots in Plymouth and South Devon, we will be launching a new network under the Stagecoach brand to replace many of First's services. The changes include some new route numbers, more reliable timetables, improved frequencies and regrettably also some reductions to make the network more sustainable for the future.

The new network will be as follows:

1/X1 Plymouth - Derriford Hospital - Yelverton - Tavistock (currently routes 83/86)
2/2A Saltash - Plymouth - Mount Batten (currently routes 1/1A & 2/2A)
3 Plymouth - Kingsbridge; Kingsbridge - Dartmouth (currently route 93)
48 Plymouth - Plymstock - Wembury
89 Courtlands Road - Tavistock - Bishopsmead
90/90A/90B/90C Dartmouth - Townstall
91 Dartmouth Park & Ride
100 The George P&R - Milehouse P&R - Plymouth (currently route PR1)
101 The George P&R - Derriford Hospital - Milehouse P&R - Plymouth (currently route PR1A)
200 Coypool P&R - Plymouth (currently route PR2)
804-809 Schools Services
Plus our existing routes X38 to Buckfastleigh and Exeter and Stagecoach Gold to Ivybridge, Totnes and Torquay continue with minor amendments.

First are also withdrawing from the following routes which we will not be replacing:

3/3A Plymouth - St Budeaux circular
6 Plymouth - Efford
15 Plymouth - Woolwell (although Plymouth - Derriford is still served by our 1 and 101 up to every 10 minutes)
76 Plymouth - Launceston
81/81D Plymouth - Torpoint
Other local bus operators already provide services that match First's frequencies over most of these areas and, in conjunction with the City Council, are arranging alternatives for the areas that they don't. Please visit www.travelinesw.com for more information.

henairs

Hi All,
Due to a RTA this afternoon at Kilmington East Devon the 15.10 Exeter to Axminster service with 34862 had to divert running after reversal back to Taunton Cross Dalwood then via Stockland to A30 and Chard road as far as Yarcombe where due to coolent loss it was failed with all 10 of us on board having to alight and wait for assistance to arrive from Exeter.
This duly arrived with new SR 48012 which took us all onto Axminster via Chard which must have been the first Stagecoach Exeter SR to visit the roads of Somerset as well as Axminster no doubt.
Arrival at Axminster was 18.30 approx.
Cheers Mike Russell

iantherev

Hi All,
Due to a RTA this afternoon at Kilmington East Devon the 15.10 Exeter to Axminster service with 34862 had to divert running after reversal back to Taunton Cross Dalwood then via Stockland to A30 and Chard road as far as Yarcombe where due to coolent loss it was failed with all 10 of us on board having to alight and wait for assistance to arrive from Exeter.
This duly arrived with new SR 48012 which took us all onto Axminster via Chard which must have been the first Stagecoach Exeter SR to visit the roads of Somerset as well as Axminster no doubt.
Arrival at Axminster was 18.30 approx.
Cheers Mike Russell

Wondered why I passed 48012 on the way back - in fact it was so unusual that even Julie commented on it!

henairs

Wondered why I passed 48012 on the way back - in fact it was so unusual that even Julie commented on it!

Hi Ian,
Pity I didn't have my camera with me as I forgot to recharge the batteries the previous night so missed some unusual photo's of the event.
Road must have opened not long after as 34725 on the 17.10 Exe was on time at the station as I waited for my train back home.
Myself and a fellow passenger were surprised driver didn't go via Shute to Colyton, reverse then via Whitford, Musbury as Axe Valley route does but driver didn't know those routes so enjoyed a scenic mystery tour instead.
Cheers, Mike Russell

83G/84D

Established Member
Graham on The Plymothian Transit website now lists the Stagecoach buses that are in the process of moving to Plymouth ahead of the tranfer of operations from First bus.

www.plymothiantransit.com

All subject to investigation by the CMA of course!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.