• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carlberry

Established Member
Rumor in Plymouth was 14th Feb but it has to be with VOSA for 6 weeks so that makes 22nd fen at the earliest

Colin

They could ask for a short notice change, or it might not even need to go on VOSA (if every journey is over 30 miles - or does that rule not apply anymore?).

Rapidash

There was a poster on the 12 this evening announcing that a new timetable was coming for the X46, and that it's. ...going Gold! Only had the buses for a year:lol:

Also finally twigged why the Falcon won't be going into Exeter properly...bus stations due to be kerploded, isn't it?! Yes, I know I'm slow.....

The important question is, however, can it do the Plymouth - Brizzle run in 12 parsec or less?

I'll get me coat:oops:

carlberry

Established Member
Also finally twigged why the Falcon won't be going into Exeter properly...bus stations due to be kerploded, isn't it?! Yes, I know I'm slow.....

I would have thought the reason was simply time. Avoiding it both ways (and Taunton) saves at least one vehicle. The bus station is being replaced, unlike the less developed parts of the world (i.e. Cardiff!).

DaveHarries

Established Member
There was a poster on the 12 this evening announcing that a new timetable was coming for the X46, and that it's. ...going Gold! Only had the buses for a year:lol:
Checked Stagecoach's website: nothing mentioned on there. Wonder if anything else will change at the same time.

Dave

83G/84D

Established Member
Stagecoach Volvo B11R 54273 worked a Penzance to London via Bristol service on Tuesday morning. First time I have seen one of these new vehicles in Cornwall.

DaveHarries

Established Member
I passed one of the new Devon Falcon coaches on the M5 this afternoon. Not sure what the registration was as I was heading in the opposite direction to it.

Dave

carlberry

Established Member
One of the Falcon coaches passed through Bristol city centre this lunchtime.

Also an Optare Versa was out on C&G's 88 (Bristol-Dursley) this morning (swapped for one of the usual E200s by lunchtime however).

iantherev

Checked Stagecoach's website: nothing mentioned on there. Wonder if anything else will change at the same time.

Dave

Picked up a Gold timetable for the X46 in Exeter today - it went officially Gold from 4th January which co-incited with 15250 entering service from Torquay.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
54319 yy65vxu.

Route learning?

Rapidash

I wonder if a Mega rider gold smartcard will be useable on the Falcon? It's evidently a SCSW service, and seems to be a turn-up-and-go service unlike Megabus. One can only hope!

KendalKing

Established Member
I wonder if a Mega rider gold smartcard will be useable on the Falcon? It's evidently a SCSW service, and seems to be a turn-up-and-go service unlike Megabus. One can only hope!

I do hope so, as it would be nice to be able to try this service, when I come down to visit family at Kingskerswell in June.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Walk up Bristol to Plymouth Off Peak Return on the train is £56.50 - so the Falcon doesn't have to be particularly cheap and it will still be a damn sight better value...

overthewater

Established Member
Its only £12.50 for the X5 between Oxford - Cambridge. So I dare say Exeter to Bristol could be that, and something like £18-20 from Plymouth?

DaveHarries

Established Member

richw

Veteran Member
Whoa! Wonder if my boss would let me use it when I end up getting sent to Plymouth for work?! If I have to get a train to / from Plymouth then the policy where I work is to get an open return which is £56.50 so my boss, even though it is a longer trip, may give way.

Let us hope the takeup is good.

Dave

That's an off peak return. An Open (Anytime) Return is £67.10

There is only just under an hour difference in travel time.

carlberry

Established Member

Interesting that the Bristol terminus is Cabot Circus. It means a slightly longer journey and having to work round in a loop, but does save the cost of using the bus station. I suspect that there might be changes to the regulations on some of the Park and Ride sites (if they don't already) to ban overnight parking (Taunton to Bristol Airport on Falcon is likely to be much less than airport parking!).

DaveHarries

Established Member
That's an off peak return. An Open (Anytime) Return is £67.10

There is only just under an hour difference in travel time.
Aye it is usually the off-peak ones we get at work. Pity there is no timetable online yet for the Falcon. Well, not that I can see anyway.

Dave

embers25

Established Member
Another poster on the 12 saying that all megariders bought on the bus as of today will be issued on Smartcards.

Saw one issued on a J in Exeter on Monday and the passenger looked bemused but the driver was very cheerily promoting its virtues!

Status
Not open for further replies.