• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staines - London Terminals Validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacw

Does anyone know if a Staines to London Terminałs weekly (routed any permitted) is valid via Weybridge?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
No, I think not, unless the route via Weybridge is within three miles of the shortest route from Staines to London, which I don't think it is.

Other than direct trains, the shortest route and any routes within 3 miles of the shortest route, tickets from Staines to London are only valid on map WX on this file.

Monty

Established Member
No, I think not, unless the route via Weybridge is within three miles of the shortest route from Staines to London, which I don't think it is.

Other than direct trains, the shortest route and any routes within 3 miles of the shortest route, tickets from Staines to London are only valid on map WX on this file.

You are quite correct it's not vaild via Weybridge, much quicker and easier to go direct to London via Richmond anyway. If you wanted to make a break of journey at somewhere say like Surbiton you would have to purchase sperate tickets I am afraid.

Saying that during disruption SWT will ease the routing restrictions in some cases. Hope that helps. :)

CheapAndNerdy

Egham to London appears to be valid via Weybridge (can someone validate please?). A weekly costs £59, compared to £55.90 from Staines.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If you really want the ability to go both ways then a season from Egham is valid via Weybridge as well and costs £3.10/week more. Starting short at Staines is allowed on a season ticket. If going via Weybridge you would be making two journeys: Staines to Egham and Egham to London.

Edit: Not quick enough.

CheapAndNerdy

If you really want the ability to go both ways then a season from Egham is valid via Weybridge as well and costs £3.10/week more. Starting short at Staines is allowed on a season ticket. If going via Weybridge you would be making two journeys: Staines to Egham and Egham to London.

Edit: Not quick enough.

mwa-ha-ha <D, but thanks for verifying anyway.

One of those weird anomaly thingies is that the Egham ticket is cheaper than a Virginia Water ticket, but allows travel to/from VW anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.